Meeting

Blinded

Jiyong couldn't exactly recall the last six hours of his life. It wasn't exactly a new experience, but this time, he didn't have any alcohol to blame, so he was at a loss. Somehow between now and then, the plane landed, he and Seungri found his apartment, and after unpacking it seemed like he just...passed out. But before he could get any real sleep in, his cell phone was ringing, his new boss was greeting him, and now he was on a taxi heading to his new work place. He didn't bother waking up Seungri, so he left a note.

When Jiyong arrived at the building, he was greated by a pudgy man with eyes that looked too greedy, and oddly reminded him of the man from the American version of the Blue Marble Game*, Mr. Monopoly. Jiyong was very overwhelmed. He barely got a "hello" out of his mouth before his boss puts an arm behind his back and started guiding him around the building. Jiyong was shown to his new studio, introduced to his radio partner (who they met by bumping into him in the hallway). The guy looked kind, but very busy. He was walking around with a large stack of papers in his hand.

His partner, who his boss introduced as Kang Daesung, bowed as low as he could at Jiyong without dropping the huge stack of papers. "Ah. Sorry I can't greet you properly," Daesung apologized with a kind smile on his face.

"Oh, it's okay," Jiyong replied, still trying to process the entire situation.

New home, new work, new boss, new partner, he thought. New everything.

"Daesung-ah, you and Jiyong-ssi can get aquainted a little later. Go on with your task," the boss said, and Daesung did another little bow before scurrying away. Jiyong was highly curious as to what the papers were for, and he was about to ask when the boss handed him a similar stack of paper once they reached his office.

His confused face must have said a lot because his boss patted his back and explained, "You and Daesungie are the new company Maknaes. therefore, you must start at the bottom and work your way up. I'm sure you'll do well. Fighting!"

And then his boss retreated into his office and shut the door behind him, leaving an overloaded Jiyong in the hallway.

Is this really happening? he wondered as he took a momemt to blink a few times. Everything was happening all at once and he had yet to process all of the information. But the most pressing matter was the stack of paper in his hands and the fact that he wasn't sure where his office was since the "tour" was quite quick and brief. Without anything else to do, Jiyong started wandering the hallways of the company in search of his office.

His search was slow. Everyone he met was too busy for him to interrupt with a question he should have known an answer to. His fatigue from the plane plus the stress of moving to a new city and preparing for the start of his new job made him incredibly irritable, and rightfully so. When he collided with a person that sent his stack of papers flying out of his hand on his way to the office, it was the last straw.

"What the ? Are you blind or something?" he yelled as he hurriedly bent down to retrieve his papers. He was pissed. Just more uneccessary stress than needed. He didn't notice that all movement ceased within the room, aside from his frantic paper gathering. However, he did notice the silence that accompanied it. When he looked up, everyone was looking his way. Jiyong noticed that one of his papers had fell directly next to the man he bumped into (curiously, the guy had not move from his spot).

When Jiyong reached out for the stray piece of paper, the man reached for it at the same time, and even thought it was so obviously next to his right foot, he missed.

That's what you get for wearing shades in the building, weirdo, he thought.

The man shifted his hand to the right and managed to get a hold of the paper this time. He held it out to Jiyong who muttuered a thanks, but when he tried to take the paper, the guy wouldn't release it.

"I am," he said suddenly.

"Excuse me?" Jiyong said.

"You know, 'blind or something'. Though more specifically the former," he answered and Jiyong felt his stomach drop to the floor, and a burning blush spread on his cheeks. Well now he felt like a complete . Before he knew it, someone threw an arm around his shoulder and started directing him away from the eyes of every bystander that witnessed the commotion.

"Wow, Jiyong-ssi. We have so much to prepare for before we go on air in a couple of days. Why don't we start planning?" Daesung said, loudly, as he directed his hyung into their recording room. After entering, Daesung promptly shut the blinds and spun on his heels to show Jiyong his panicked face. "Hyung, this isn't exactly a good first impression!" Daesung said, clearly worried.

Jiyong fell onto a chair and buried his face in his hands. "God, Daesung. I'm just tired, I didn't mean it. I feel like such an !" Jiyong exclaimed. The more he thought about his actions, the guiltier he felt. "I should apologize," Jiyong finally declared, and promptly stood up only to have Daesung push him down to his seat again.

"You should wait a bit longer," Daesung said nervously. Jiyong furrowed his eye brows and frowned.

"Why?"

"It's for your own safety," Daesung explained, which only confused him more.

"Are you saying he's the type of person to hold a grudge?" Jiyong asked. "I'm just going to apologize, he's not going to beat me up for that, is he?"

Daesung didn't answer him.

"I'm a bit taller than him, I think it'll be okay for him to hit me once or twice, I can take it. We'll be even then."

All the while Daesung just shook his head. "Youngbae is harmless, he wouldn't beat you up over something like that. It's his hyung who I'm afraid of."

"Who would that be?" Jiyong asked, as he daringly pulled the blinds away to get a grasp of the situation outside.

"Choi Seunghyun, one of our advertisement models. He's also our project manager, so don't make him angry or else-"

"Hey, someone's coming," Jiyong interrupted.

Daesung rushed towards the window, took a quick glance outside, and before he knew it, Jiyong was being stuffed into a closet. He didn't realize how strong Daesung was until the younger boy brought him across the room by the shoulders and threw him in the closet (but on second thought, it probably wouldn't take too much effort to drag his slight frame across the room). The whole time, Daesung was repeatedly saying, "I'm sorry hyung."

Jiyong couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and admiration at his dongseng. After mostly closing the closet door (he left a crack for Jiyong to breathe/look through), he jumped onto the couch and landed on his stomach while stimultatiously grabbing a magazine and opening it up just in time for the studio door to open.

"Hyung! Annyeong~" Daesung cried with an almost sickening amount of aegyo at the man who came into the room.

The man was tall, wore glasses, and dressed in an elegant black suit. He had yet to meet any of the company models, but judging by his looks, Jiyong figured that he must have been one. Or if he wasn't one, he should be. He looked as if he just walked right out of a photoshoot, with his hair freshly styled like that. The only thing darker than the man's suit were his eyes. They were absolutely smouldering with a silent fury. Jiyong physically shivered.

"Where is he?" the man inquired while scanning the room.

"Where is who?" Daesung asked, his face a mask of confusion, though he knew who the man was looking for.

"Where is that ing jerk that messed with Youngbae?" the man said, fuming. So the blind guy's name is Youngbae, Jiyong thought to himself. He made a mental note of the name.

And just like in the movies, Youngbae appears only moments after his name was mentioned.

___<( ._.)>___<(^0^)>___<( >-<)>____<( ; _ ; )>

"Hyung! Why are you here? Don't you have a photoshoot?" Youngbae exclaimed as he entered the room. "You should go back, they're looking for you." Youngbae reached out and mistakenly grabbed Daesung's sleeve. Once he felt the soft, thin fabric of a T-shirt, he immediately retracted his hands and reached out towards the other presence in the room. When his hands came upon the familiar fabric of a suit, Youngbae started pulling his hyung out of the room.

"Bae, what are you doing here?" Seunghyun asked.

"What, I'm not allowed to come here anymore?" Youngbae countered. He visited so often, most everyone knew him. That, and the fact that he knew Seunghyun, one of the company's top models (or so Youngbae had been told) made it almost impossible not to know him. Seunghyun's overprotectiveness over his dongseng is known throughout the company.

"You know that's not what I meant," Seunghyun sighed. "You should have told me you were coming. I could have walked with you and stopped that jerk-"

"Stop treating me like a child," Youngbae interrupted, his voice abrasive. "And the guy didn't do anything wrong. He didn't know. How could he? He's new, right?"

"Bae." Seunghyun didn't know how it was possible for him to be arguing with Youngbae again. They had their fair amount of arguments, but never had Youngbae spoken to him in such a way. Lately, Seunghyun has been getting this sinking feeling that Youngbae is hiding something much more than a petty little secret. Maybe it was something more dangerous than he previously thought. 

"They're waiting for you, hyung." Youngbae said in a much softer, soothing tone. "Don't drag other people into our troubles." And just like Youngbae knew he would, Seunghyun took a deep sigh and allowed himself to be dragged out of the room by his dongseng. 

"Sorry for the trouble," Youngbae said while flashing an apologetic smile at Daesung. 

"It's nothing at all," Daesung replied whilst bowing, giving his hyungs a proper farewell. 

Before exiting the room, Youngbae seemingly spared a glance at the closet that was almost completely shut. 

___<( ._.)>___<(^0^)>___<( >-<)>____<( ; _ ; )>

If Jiyong didn't know any better, he would have thought that he was being stared at. But it wasn't possible, right? Youngbae was blind. Youngbae is blind. 

That still didn't stop the huge sigh of relief that escaped his lips when Youngbae walked out of the room with his hyung in tow.

He could see why Daesung would say that Seunghyun was someone to be feared, but at the moment, Jiyong had a differing opinion. He could still feel the goosebumps on his arm from when Youngbae looked his way. He felt stupid for having such a cliche thought, but it was like Youngbae had stared right through him. 

But it wasn't possible because Youngbae was blind. 

Youngbae is blind. 

Right?

___<( ._.)>___<(^0^)>___<( >-<)>____<( ; _ ; )>

Sorry for the super late update T_T. You can commence stoning me to death now. Or throwing those version 3 VIP lightsticks at me (I always thought they could be used as a weapon, lol) I have some free time at the moment, so expect another update real soon (unless the plot bunnies running around in my head forces me to write something else -_-) 

Next Chapter, we have Jiyong discovering certain secret of Youngbae's.