Cinnamon Rolls

A Matter of Taste

Seunghyun was at the bakery long before Dongwook the next morning.  He was trying to make something extra special for Bom.  But nothing was working.  Every idea he started out with turned out wrong.  He had slung four or five batches of batter into the trashcan.  After hours of failed attempts, he made what always made him feel better:  Cinnamon rolls.  There was something just so comforting about cinnamon rolls...the buttery dough mixed with cinnamon, topped with gooey sweet icing...it was the perfect combination to make him feel at ease.  

"Cinnamon rolls, eh?"  Dongwook walked in around 5AM.  "What's going on this time?"

Seunghyun took the last batch of rolls out of the oven, put two on a plate, then poured two glasses of milk.  "It happened after you left yesterday.  This girl walked in with her friend.  She was incredibly gorgeous.  And she loved the cupcakes I made!  I mean, really loved them!  The way she squealed and danced when she bit into one...I felt this connection with her for her love of food.  I wanted to make something extra special for her so she would talk to me.  Nothing worked."  He took a bite out of his roll.  

"Well, you can't make anything special for her if you don't know anything about her.  Talk to her first.  I mean, if she was so crazy about the cupcakes you made yesterday, I'm sure she'll come back and like whatever you make.  Who knows?  Maybe she feels the same way about cinnamon rolls as you do."  He downed the last bit of milk in his glass and put his dirty dishes in the sink.  "I'm going to put out the blueberry muffins."

Seunghyun thought for a minute.  Maybe Dongwook was right.  Who doesn't love a good cinnamon roll?  He took the cart of rolls out to the shop.  Once he had them all in the case, he heard a knock at the door.  

"OMO!  IT'S 6:05, YOUR'E LATE!  OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN!"  Seunghyun laughed.  Only Daesung would track them by the minute.  

"Aw come on Dae, it's only five minutes!"  As soon as he opened the door, Daesung barged in.  

"You know I can't start my day without my danish!  You two will make me late for work!"  Dongwook and Seunghyun laughed.  Daesung took a look in the case.  He saw the cinnamon rolls.  He slowly turned to Seunghyun and raised his eyebrows.  "You only make cinnamon rolls when something is wrong."  Daesung sat down in a chair.  "I'm texting my boss to tell her I'll be late."

"Dae, you really don't need to stay, it's all sorted out and--"

"And there's a case full of cinnamon rolls STARING ME IN THE FACE!  Something is wrong and I want the story!"  He took a sip of coffee.  "...Can I have one?  They just look so good."  The three started to laugh.  

"Sure Dae, I'll get you one while Seunghyun fills you in."  Seunghyun told Daesung all about Bom and how completely adorable she was.  He was so wrapped up in his conversation that he didn't notice when a familiar redhead walked in the door.  Dongwook cleared his throat.  "Seunghyun, you have a customer to attend to.  I'll...go check inventory."  He exited through the kitchen.

"Yeah, I better go to work.  My boss is gonna kill me!  But it's nothing a cinnamon roll won't fix!"  He winked at Seunghyun and walked out the door.  

"Cinnamon rolls?"  Bom's eyes lit up.

"Yeah, I just made them this morning."  

"I'll take one!  I love cinnamon rolls so much!"  

He brought a warm cinnamon roll to her with a glass of cold milk.  

"Ah!  These look like the ones my mom used to make."  She took a bite.  "Mmmmm!  You know...I think these are better than my mom's...just don't tell her that."  He blushed and she giggled.  He continued to watch her eat.  He loved the way she tore pieces of dough off the roll and popped them into .  

As she was icing off of her fingers, she noticed he was still watching.  

"Do you normally watch your customers eat?"

He looked up.  "Huh? Oh, ah, I'm sorry!  I don't mean to be creepy or anything, it's just...I love that you love food."

"...Doesn't everybody?"

"Well, yes...but not like you!  Your eyes light up when you eat something delicious and you dance around and wiggle in your seat and it's really cute and I--"

She was laughing.  He had taken the leap to let her know how he felt about her and she was laughing at him.  He got up to leave.

"Oh wait don't go!  Would you...like to go out for dinner?"  He turned around.

"What?"

"A girl can't live on sweets alone you know."

"Dinner sounds great."

"So I'll come back here around seven?"

"Yeah.  Sure.  Great!"

She laughed.  "Seven it is."  She hopped out of her chair.  "I'll see you later Seunghyun."  With that, she strolled out the door.

 

He was grinning like an idiot.  Nothing could ruin his day now.  NOTHING.  No matter how much Dongwook , no matter how many crazy phone calls he got from Daesung.  He was going out to dinner with her.

 

Best. Day. Ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEE HEE.  Hay people!  I hope you liked the second chapter!  I'm sure all you Bom fans know what she's going to order for dinner. XD  Here's the recipie for the cinnamon rolls.  It's from the Pioneer Woman's blog.  She's one of the best food bloggers EVER, and this recipie is SO FREAKING GOOD.

Enjoy!

 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/