A Friend

100 Days of Truth

“Uh, yes?” the student said looking at you like you are some kind of a lunatic. But then his expression changed. “Wait.” He said. “Are you a ghost?” he asked and you just blinked at him in shock. He’s not even scared.

Soon, the boy registered everything in his head and chuckled. “It’s okay miss, I can see ghost. I was born with the 3rd eye and I’m used to seeing ghost. It’s not like you’re the only ghost in school.” He said.

“So, you mean you’re not scared of me?” you asked and he shook his head with a smile.

“No, not at all.” He said and you just sighed. “But why are you here? I don’t usually see you here.” He asked reminding you about what happened.

 

“I just wanted to have some quiet time, that’s why I went there.” You answered and he nodded.

“Okay, then. I’ll be going now miss.” He said and turned around but you stopped him.

“Uh,” you said making him turn.

“Yes?”

“Can you hear me out?” you asked in a pathetic way. You need somebody to talk to and he’s just perfect. Suho would just give you prep talk and Kris? Don’t even think about that jerk.

 

“Uh, sure?” he said making you smile. “There’s a bench on the back on the building, we can talk there so people won’t think I’m crazy talking to myself.” He said and you followed him.

 

“Sorry for making you do this.” You apologized feeling guilty of bothering the student.

“It’s okay, It’s my day off anyway and I don’t really have anything to do at home so this is just perfect.” He said making you feel relief. “So what’s wrong? I heard your crying in there and I must say, you’re really depressed.” He chuckled and you couldn’t help but blush.

 

You thought no one could hear you but now, here’s a guy telling how you cried like a pregnant whale. This is officially the most embarrassing day ever.

 

You told him about what happened and about your 100 day of living as a ghost. You also told him about you fiancé and your best friend, Suho and Kris.

 

“Wow.” He said as he rested on the bench. “You got a lot on your plate.” He said and you nodded in agreement. “But I think you’ll make it through.” He said making you look at him.

“I can see that you’re a strong and smart woman. I’m sure you can get through this and have another reason for living.” He said full of confidence that you think is amazing. How can he say that to a stranger?

 

“Thank you.” Is all you can say to him and he returned a smile.

“No problem.” He chimed and stood up. “I’m Jongdae by the way, but they call me Chen around here.” He said and reached his hand to you for a handshake.

“Hyo In, Kim Hyo In.” you said and reached for his hand only to pass through it.

 

The both of you stared at your hands before bursting to laughter.

“That was good.” He said still chuckling about it.

“I know right.” you second emotion.

“Hyo In-ssi.” He called.

“Hyo In-ah will be okay.” You said and he nodded.

“Just go and find me if you need someone to talk to, I always go to the library after class hours.” He said and you smiled. At least one good thing happened to you.

“Thanks Jongdae, I’ll count on that.” You said. “You should get going now, it’s getting late.” You added and he nodded.

“You’re right.” he said. “See you.” He said and walked away with a wave.

 

You watched him walking away and smiled. “At least I made a friend.” You said to yourself and went back to the hospital and you’re mind still hasn’t change, you still want to live. If not for Love or friendship, you’ll live for your dreams and for the people who loves you, your parents.

 

Days have passed and you and Chen got closer, your parents were the ones on the hospital while Suho and Kris stayed with them, invisibly.

 

You were lazily Lying in the bed beside your body as you patiently waited for the clock to reach 3 pm.

"Why is time so very slow?" You asked no one in particular. 

 

Kris rolled his eyes at you as he switched the channel of the tv, he was bored as well while Suho just smiled at you. "Don't worry, time will pass by quickly if you busy yourself with something." The angel assured but you only returned him a sigh. He's just too good and positive that sometimes, it scares you.

"Tell me guardian, what can a ghost like me can actually do except scaring people and get walked through?" You asked. You just don't know anything better to do until 3 where you'll meet your new friend Chen.

You and Chen have been friends for a week now and you have to admit that he's a good guy. He never mind you hanging out with him after his classes and the two of you just talk until late. The conversations were never boring as Chen is a very funny and interesting person. He's mischievous and a nice guy.

Whenever you accidentally remind yourself about Chanyeol and your friend, he always insult them in a funny way that those painful and sad memories you had with the two just becomes a laughing matter. He even gave the two mean and funny nicknames that whenever you see pictures or anything that reminds you about them, you just can't help yourself laughing. He' s really a good friend and you have to give him a really big thank you because if not for him, you'll still be yhere beside yout body sobbing and asking why such things happened to you.

 

Suho just shrugged and thought for a while for the answer to your question. "I don't know, just go for a walk and watch some tv with Kris and me, there's a..uhm... new broadcast to watch?" He tried to think of something but failed miserably.

"I guess I have no choice." You said and turned your head to watch the TV.

 

Just then, the news started and you felt a sting in your heart as you saw a familiar person in the tv. Chanyeol. 

He was beside a reporter who was saying something about the robbery that happened in a jewelry store. And guess what, on the background, you can see your best friend Sooyoung on the background looking around around the scene.

 

"Hey! Would you look at that!" Kris grinned evily amd then turned to you. "Your loyal fiancee. " he exclaimed in a sarcastic way with a sarcastic smile.

Suho snatched the remote from Kris' hands and switched the channel before giving you a worried awkward smile. "Hehehe. Let's watch something more interesting." He said trying not to be awkward but as an angel he was, he can't even lie with his expressions.

 

You sighed as you turned atound to your body and watched yourself sleep with a sad heart. But then...

 

 

"Giant elf."

"Anaemic hairball in a stick."

 

Chen's nickname for your ex and friend replayed in your mind and you just started laughing by yourself making the soul reaper and the angel look at you.

"Puahahahahaha! Dumbo's god father!" You laughed harder and fell from the bed to the floor but still laughing. "I can't anymore. Hahahaha" you laughed as you remembered what Chen called Chanyeol and made fun of your ex boyfriend's ears.

 

You turned to Suho who was blinking at you. "Turn it back on the news." You said to him wanting to see the the people who caused your pain and laughter while the two watched you laugh in surprise.

Suho looked at you worriedly and hessitantly turned the chanel back to the news and Chanyeol was still there making your laughter endless and louder. If you're in your body and everyone can hear you, your laughter will be heard on the next hospital which is far from there.

 

"Kris, I'm worried." Suho said to the soul reaper as he watched you laugh like there's no tomorrow.

Kris looked at you with a disgusted and confused look and watched you have the laugh of your life. "Dude, I think she's lost it." He said and the they watched you.

 

And when when you thought you couldn't laugh enough, Sooyoung came in to the scene and got interviewed by the newscaster as well making you laugh with tears as you said some strange things with a struggle from laughing.

 

"Hahahahaha, expired lactose." You laughed at her recalling on how Chen called your friend an expired lactose when you told him that you envy her fair complexion.

 

Kris sighed and massaged his temples. *How can I be assigned in a retarded lawyer like this one?* he asked himself and saw you  rolling on the floor laughing, mumbling the weirdest things.

 

"Hahahaha, armpit haired woman." You laughed crying while Suho helped you up and Kris just sighed and shook his head.

 

 

 

"Totally lost it."