Freshmen Senior: Catfight

Two Best Friends

 

This is a chapter dedicated to Jae Eun just so you guys aren't too disappointed after reading this and not finding much Hyukkie or Hae Hae.

------------------------------------

 

Jae Eun POV:

“Spill now,” whispered Yoona scooting her stool closer to me. “Details included.”

“Right now?” I asked looking around. I could tell others were trying to listen into our conversation. “We’re in class.”

“Come on, you said you’d explain since the beginning of the week and you haven’t said anything at all,” whined Soo Young moving closer.

“There’s nothing to explain,” I said going back to drawing.

Ever since the first day of school, rumours had been flying left and right. One second I was dating Hyuk Jae Oppa and the next it was Dong Hae Oppa. Both were disturbing to me. I mean come on, I was related to one and I wanted to be related to the other.

At the same time, saying that I was the adoptive sister of Hyuk Jae would bring unwanted sympathy from my new friends. I hated that. So, I kept quiet and I knew that’s what kept Hyuk Jae from talking too.

“Come on, just one hint. Which one are you dating?” Asked Yoona putting out her hands, levelling them like the two different options. “Hyuk Jae-ssi or maybe Dong Hae-ssi?”

“I’m not dating anyone.”

“They’re the most popular guys in school. They hardly pay attention to any girls like that,” said Soo Young pouting. “Come on. Please?”

“We won’t tell anyone. Right, Soo Young?”

Soo Young nodded. “We promise.”

Sighing I decided to trust my two friends, I didn’t want to lose them over something petty and I liked them. “Fine. I’ll tell you but not here. Later.”

Soo Young and Yoona both looked disappointed.

“You’re just avoiding it,” said Yoona glumly going back to her sketch.

“I’m serious. But you can’t tell anyone.”

“You’ll really tell us?” Asked Soo Young getting excited.

“Oh one more thing,” I said discreetly pulling out my phone. I sent a quick text to mom. “You’ll have to come over to my house for dinner.”

Soo Young and Yoona looked at each other confused.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

“Yah first year,” said a girl’s voice. I flinched, if I had a voice like that, I’d jump off a cliff. It sounded, y.

I stopped and looked around. Yoona and Soo Young looked around confused. I spotted her first. Hye Si and her “gang” had sneaked up behind us.

“You in the middle,” said Hye Si glaring at me. “Come here.”

Soo Young and Yoona looked scared. On the other hand, I knew exactly what she wanted to talk about; well I knew the general gist at least.

“It’s okay,” I said leaving my friends and walking a few steps towards them.

“You two get out of here,” said Hye Si advancing while pointing to my friends.

Yoona and Soo Young hesitated looking at me. I shrugged and they slowly backed away before breaking into a run. I didn’t mind, Hye Si had a lot of power as the ruling queen of the school and they had the right to be scared.

I stood my ground. Hye Si stopped a foot away from me. Her so called friends stood behind her backing her up. I tried not to laugh.

Hyuk Jae told me that the only reason they even hung out with her was because they were just as unpleasant and were using Hye Si to get popular. They were just the regular bullies trying to intimidate everyone into getting what they wanted. I wanted to scoff at their title of ‘School Princesses.’

“So you’re the first year that thinks that she can just steal my things,” said Hye Si crossing her arms.

“You don’t own anything that I have,” I said folding my arms just to show her that I wasn’t going to be intimidated. Hye Si scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Yah. You sure have some nerve,” said Hye Si. “Hyuk Jae’s my boyfriend.”

“I’m pretty sure the term is ex-boyfriend,” I said boldly. “Especially after you cheated on him.”

“What?” Asked Hye Si getting angry. “You think that just because he’s by your side now, he won’t come back to me? He still likes me. You’ll be all alone.”

“Hyukkie would never leave me for you. He could never bear to leave me,” I said trying not to laugh at how stupid Hye Si was being. “I’m more important to him than you were. And trust me, he does not like you, there’s someone else now. Besides, I know I’ll forever be engraved in this heart.”

Hye Si turned red. She stepped forward and pushed me. I glared at her, my hate for her surfacing. She had hurt my Oppa and in turn another one of my Oppas. Hye Si grabbed my hair and pulled; I winced.

“Shut… up…” said Hye Si pulling me closer.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Hyuk Jae POV:

“That’s strange, she hasn’t answered my texts either,” said Dong Hae pulling out his phone.

I paced. Jae Eun said that she was going to meet us by the main gate. Where was she? It wasn’t like her to be late on purpose.

“Hyuk Jae-ssi! Dong Hae-ssi!”

I turned to see two of Jae Eun’s classmates shouting as they ran towards us. Both were out of breath when they reached us.

“J-Jae Eun…” started the first one. She immediately had my attention.

“What about Jae Eun?” I asked panicking, grabbing the first girl by the shoulders roughly.

“She… she… H-Hye Si came and… people… too many,” continued the other one.

“Where?” Asked Dong Hae almost shouting as he put his phone away.

“Behind… art… building…she…” said the first one pulling her arm from my grasp pointing.

I didn’t wait to hear the rest of it. I started running in the direction, Dong Hae right behind me.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Jae Eun POV:

Hye Si pulled me by my hair, dragging me until we were fully out of anyone’s view. I tried not to shout in pain. When Hye Si let go, I stumbled over a rock and fell. I cursed my clumsiness for reappearing at a time like this.

“We have a drill for girls like you who don’t know either place in our school,” said one of Hye Si’s friends.

“Especially one who steals and causes trouble from the first day of school,” said Hye Si.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I never stole anything from you?” I asked standing up.

“Yah!” Shouted another one of Hye Si’s friends stepping forward. “You really don’t have any respect. Don’t you know anything? Are you stupid?”

“I don’t need to respect bullies and manipulative social ladder climbers who take advantage of the best people in the world,” I said irritated.

Inwardly I sighed, how stupid could these girls be? I probably knew more than them.

“Yah!” Shouted Hye Si.

She grabbed my hair, again. What was this girl’s problem? What was it with her and the hair grabbing?

“What did you just call me?” Asked Hye Si.

“You didn’t know?” I asked pretending to feel exasperated. “Your name: manipulative social ladder climber.”

I knew it was coming. The slap stung my face. I didn’t care.

This had hurt my brother. He had done so much for her and she didn’t even take time to consider the sincerity being blinded by money. She cheated on him big time and didn’t even feel guilty about it. I was furious.

“We’ll give you a day to break up your relationship with Hyuk Jae,” said Hye Si.

“I don’t want to,” I said looking straight into Hye Si’s eyes. “He’ll never agree to that.”

Was this still so stupid? I wondered what she’d go through when she realized the truth. I tried not to laugh.

Seeing the humour in my eyes Hye Si pulled harder on my hair. I winced. Furious that I still didn’t agree with her “proposal” I saw her lift her hand to hit me again. I closed my eyes in anticipation. I could take it; I wanted to get a few good punches in as well.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?”

I opened my eyes quickly. Just past Hye Si’s friends I could see Hyuk Jae and Dong Hae. Not far behind them but almost out of sight, Yoona and Soo Young clung to each other. Hyuk Jae walked forward and grabbed Hye Si’s hand. She slowly let go of my hair.

“H-Hyuk… Hyuk Jae,” said Hye Si faking a smile. “This is nothing. The first year was just being disrespectful. I was just…”

Hyuk Jae didn’t even stop to listen to her. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

“Ow,” I said making a face as Dong Hae applied anti-bacterial to the cut on my right knee.

“Stop being a baby,” said Dong Hae blowing on it.

I stuck my tongue out at him. Dong Hae pinched my cheek. I pulled away and scrunched my nose at him. He finished by putting a band-aid on my knee.

I looked at Hyuk Jae. He sat in the front seat; he still hadn’t spoken since he dragged me away from Hye Si. Dong Hae nudged me and pointed to Hyuk Jae. I nodded.

“Hyukkie Oppa. I’m sorry,” I said quietly.

“I’m not angry at you,” said Hyuk Jae, finally, turning around to look at us. “I was worried. Do you know how much I panicked when… wait what are your names?”

I looked back. Yoona and Soo Young who sat in the back were surprised to be addressed to. I had insisted that they came along. They had in a way rescued me, even if it wasn’t exactly wanted. Besides, I had already invited them to dinner.

“I’m Yoona and this is-“

“Soo Young.”

“Right, thank you,” said Hyuk Jae before turning back to me. “Do you know how much I panicked?”

“I was fine Oppa,” I mumbled bowing my head to look down at my hands.

“I know Hye Si. She can hurt a person she knows well without a thought. What can, she does! Just imagine what she would have done to you,” said Hyuk Jae frowning.

“Okay,” I said looking up. “I’m sorry for making you worry.”

“Just what did you say that made Hye Si so mad?” Asked Dong Hae curiously after a moment’s pause. “I’ve never seen her get that physically violent personally.”

He hated Hye Si just as much as I did. I smiled.

“You know the usual: bully,” I said slowly. Dong Hae didn’t look convinced. “Oh and manipulative social ladder climber.”

Dong Hae laughed and even Hyuk Jae had to smile a little at that even though he pretended not to.

“Oh and she thinks that I was dating Hyuk Jae and was like manipulating him against her or something,” I said making a face.

“Wait,” said Yoona. “So you’re not actually dating Hyuk Jae-ssi?”

I shook my head. “No.”

“Then are you dating Dong Hae-ssi?” Asked Soo Young.

“No,” said Dong Hae surprised before turning to me. “What have you been telling your friends?”

“Nothing,” I said quickly. I looked at my friends who looked at me confused yet again.

The car pulled finally pulled up in front of home. I opened the door and stepped out. Omma was waiting for us at the front door.

“Jae Eun-ah, why are you so late?” Asked mom running up.

“Sorry Omma,” I said giving her a hug.

Yoona and Soo Young came out of the car staring at everything. They bowed and introduced themselves.

“Anyeong Omma,” said Hyuk Jae coming out of the car and giving Omma a hug who smiled widely.

“O-Omma?” Stuttered Soo Young and Yoona.

“Neh. I’m Jang Hye Eun, mother of Hyuk Jae and Jae Eun,” said Omma slightly confused. I just smiled as I could see my friends piecing it together.

 

-------------------------------

Yesss, drama! :P 

I hope you had fun reading this. Jae Eun's all like, you're going down b--! Not telling her true relationship with Hyukkie to drive Hye Si crazy. Of course Hyukkie being so over-protective is like stab at Hye Si's ego. Mwuahahaha! Sorry, I am attempting to kill Hye Si now.

Anyways. Thank you to my new subscribers! Please comment and let me know what you think!!