I Miss You

Suddenly

 

 

 


 

Rain poured down mercilessly that night and all Jung Yonghwa could do was sat on his chair and stared blankly an empty corner inside that small room. He poured a glass of wine and turned the TV on, flipping the channels countless time. He’s restless, anyone could tell.

Eventually, he glanced at his watch, it’s still ten. So, it’s only been fifteen minutes?  But to Yonghwa, it felt like fifteen years. His thoughts flew towards that particular lady and since all these while, he had been pondering on this one thing. Should he do it? Or shouldn’t he?

 

Frustrated, he gulped the wine in one shot and soon, the pain quickly went to his head. A strong one but he could endure it, he thought.

 

 


 

Rain still didn’t cease to stop and Park Shinhye was lying down on her bed after a tiring day at work. She stared blankly on her plain ceiling and at this rainy night, she couldn’t help but thinking about him and his face.

 

Flashback-

‘You’re going to be happy with me, Shinhye-ssi. You won’t regret this.’ The man sitting in front of her showed a proud smile and raised his glass.

She couldn’t answer and just followed long to his actions. A few glasses of drinks and a friendly conversation, she thought that she already liked this man. Rich, handsome and smart too. Who wouldn’t want a guy like him?

-End of Flashback

 

A deep sigh escaped from her lips. He’s perfect and all but why couldn’t she feel contented about it? Finally a perfect date arranged by her parents but somehow, it didn’t feel right. Could it be she’s still not over that other particular man? Probably...

 

                I will promise you~

Her thoughts were shoved away when the ringtone of her phone suddenly reverberated. Struggling to find her precious phone, she almost fell from her bed when she grabbed her Galaxy Note at the far end of the side table.

Without being bothered to look at the caller ID, she hit the green button and put the phone close to her right ear.

 

‘Hello?’

Silence but the sound of his heavy breathings.

‘Hello? Is anybody there?’ She asked, quite irritated at the thought of someone who could be trying to pull a prank call on her. When she wanted to end the annoying call and hung up, a voice suddenly went through her ears.

 

‘Hello, Shinhye? It’s me.’ She recognized that deep voice and suddenly, old memories went flashing back to her little mind.

 

 

Flashback-

Wind rustles through her hair, enlightening her undeniable beauty but there’s something about her face. There’s no smile to complete it.

‘I’m sorry, Yonghwa Oppa. I can’t accept this, this absurdity. Face it, this relationship won’t work.’ She uttered weakly without looking straight into his chocolate eyes.

‘So, this’s absurdity to you? My love for you is some sort of absurdity, Park Shinhye?!’ He started to raise his voice and got a hold on her small wrist, forcing the girl to look into his eyes.

 

‘I know I’m just small compared to you, Shinhye-ya. You’re rich, complete opposite of me but that couldn’t be the reason, right? I know you're not kind of person. Tell me the reason and I’ll fix it!’ He said firmly, squeezing her wrist.

Tears in her eyes started to brim. It’s not because of his crushing hold but it’s the reality that hurt her.

 

‘You’re poor and I’m standing way taller than you. You think I can walk around with you without caring about what other people said?! Change yourself first, Jung Yonghwa! Look at yourself! You, you’re nothing to be compared to me!’ She yelled as tears started to fall.

Hearing her harsh words, the crushed man let go and walked away without even turning back, bringing along his bleeding heart.

 

But little did he know that everything she said to him before was a lie.

-End of Flashback

 

 

It happened a few years ago when they’re still in college. Her parents opposed their relationship, threating her to stop seeing him or she’d be thrown out of the house. Maybe she loved him but parents and family were everything to Shinhye.

Years passed and when she thought feelings for him were already faded away with time, they suddenly now came back after she heard his voice.

 

‘He-hello?’ She stuttered, heart beating so fast that she thought it could pop out from her chest any time.

‘How’ve you been? You’ve eaten?’

‘Yes. You?’

‘Me too. It’s raining here. You should bring your raincoat if you’re planning to go outside or you’d catch a cold…’ He uttered softly that Shinhye’s little heart was hurting again. She realized that how much she’d missed him even after all these while.

 

'Where’re you? Home?’

‘I-I’m home. Why-why’d you call me, Yonghwa-ssi?’ She asked shakily, couldn’t hide her anxiety.

‘You better take care of yourself, Shinhye-ya. I was so worried, there’re lots of crimes nowadays. You should be careful when you go out.’ Weirdly, he didn’t answer her question and continued to talk about random things.

 

Rain was still pouring but it’s not as hard as before. She looked out to her windows, no moon tonight. How dark  the sky was.

‘You-you’re okay, Yonghwa-ssi?’ She asked carefully when it seemed that he won't speak.

‘No, I’m not okay.’ His simple answer broke her and she felt like crying when she heard him sniffing.

‘Where’re you? You’re not happened to be drunk, are you?’ She asked when that thought suddenly crossed her mind.

‘Shinhye-ya, open this door.’

‘What?!’

 

Without waiting for any answer, the worried lady hurriedly ran downstairs and opened her front door. To her surprise, there’s him all soaked wet, still holding his phone onto his ear. No wonder she could hear weird dripping sound from the line before, he’s talking to her in the cold rain!

‘Yonghwa-ssi…’ Surprised, she couldn’t finish her words when he quickly walked towards her and hugged the precious girl tight.

‘I’m not okay. I'm so not okay because I missed you so much.’

It’s like everything that she held inside her was instantly burst out when she saw his face, heard his voice and felt his warm touch. Precious tears went rolling down her cheeks as she returned his hug. She couldn’t deny that she also missed him so much.

 

‘I’m sorry I came to your house like this. Congratulations, I heard about you’re getting engaged with that rich businessman. I just want to say that I still hold these feelings that I’ve kept for you since the past few years. I know I’m not suitable for you, I have nothing at all, but my love is all that I could give to you.’ His sincere words sent more tears to Shinhye’s eyes. She could only look at his sad eyes, afraid if she spoke, she would burst out crying like a child.

‘I love you, Shinhye. Goodbye, I’ll be leaving. Leaving this country for good. I’ll be a better person and I’ll try to forget about you. Be happy and take care of yourself.’ He uttered with a cracking voice.

Without hesitation, he kissed her cheek and turned away but Shinhye, she couldn’t move, shocked by his decision. Seeing him walking into the rain, the lady started to grasp of what he just said earlier, that he won’t going to see her ever again.

Seeing him walking away for the second time, she couldn’t hold herself anymore.

 

‘Yonghwa-ssi!’

He turned to her call just to see Shinhye, running into the rain with him and pulled his body into her embrace.

‘I won’t let you go again. Don’t leave me. I still love you.’

 

Screw other people, screw their words. She won’t ever leave him again, not anymore.

 

 

 


Okay, I think it's bad T.T Maybe I've tried too much. I didn't expect this much subscribers before I posted this oneshot. Forgive me if it's not up to your expecctations >.< Thanks for your time reading this short fic~ Consider this as a little  farewell gift from me. No2x, I'm not quitting my fic but I'm going for a short break, gathering my Yongshin feels because I'm going to concentrate on the other couple that I adore. This month is actually their month, so I'm going to focus on writing a short fanfic about them^^ Again, thank you and sorry if this oneshot bored you TT Have a nice day, readers <3 I hope you enjoy reading and the beautiful song up there :) This oneshot's actually inspired from that song^^