LIVING IN THE FEAR

The House

 

All the whispering didn’t scare Adrianna. She was more interested in knowing those stories. She wanted to feel their pain; she didn’t want them to stop telling her the stories. It was hypnotizing. It was unreal. The whispering suddenly started to become vague. It felt like the voices were going so far away, somewhere so far that she wouldn’t be able to follow them even if she wanted to. ‘No… do not go…..come back’, softly she said to herself. But she couldn’t stop them from leaving. And with all those voices, her body began to get weak. It was like the voices were taking her soul out of her body with them. She wasn’t able to stand there anymore; she fainted and fell on the floor. And everything became dark and quiet again; just the way it was before.

After a couple of hours Adrianna woke up. She felt really strange and weak. At first she couldn’t call up anything at all, but after some time she remembered it all very clearly. And after remembering what had happened, she wasn’t interested to hear their stories anymore. But she was scared and confused. ’God! What happened in here….was….was it really true or I was just dreaming?’, she asked herself and shook her head, puzzled.

It was maybe around ten o’clock; she was getting ready to go to bed, and was prepared to forget everything that happened. But to forget something like this in such a short time was not easy. She couldn’t sleep. She was lying there wide awake when it felt like something cold and wet was lying beside her under the sheet. She was so scared to even take a look but she had to. She slowly pulled the sheet up and to her surprise it was nothing there. She wasn’t seeing anything but feeling something. She jumped out of her bed and ran down-stairs. Her heart pounding so loudly that any one could hear it from a mile away. She stood beside the stairs. And she suddenly heard a gibberish coming from out side but still from somewhere really close. She was staring at the door and was trying to hear it. When she felt like someone was right behind her. She slowly turned around and she saw a girl with long, black hair covering her face, hanging from the stair-railing, with her head downwards. And that girl slowly turned her head in a circle. Adrianna didn’t have a clue what to do. She was scared as hell. She was so scared that her heart was about to stop. She ran towards the front door and tried to open it. But it wasn’t opening. She started to knock the door again and again and cried for help. But deep down she knew that no one is going to come to her rescue. And whatever is going to happen it will only happen to her. She will be the one suffer. She turned around and saw that girl was staring at her, and coming towards Adrianna. That girl’s eyes were bursting with anger and filled with a desire of revenge. Adrianna ran to the kitchen and locked the door. And all of a sudden the kitchen door started to act in a real strange manner. It felt like that door was going to break in pieces anytime. Adrianna ran to the kitchen- window and jumped out from there. And ran to the car and tried to open the door just when she realized that she does not have the car keys. It was dark and she had no idea where to go. She scattered to the woods and ran and ran as long as she could.

Adrianna didn’t know where she was. But she wasn’t able to run anymore even though she wanted to. And she would if she could. She sank upon the ground. She never ran so fast and so far ever before. She was panting desperately, she closed her eyes. Maybe it wasn’t safe out there because any kind of night creature could be around , just waiting in the dark ,starved, watching for food and she knew that too but she felt like it was way safer than it was in the house. She didn’t  know what to do. And she just wanted to go to her real home but it was really hard for her because she had no clue where she was in the woods. The only thing she knew was that she was lost. After a while she felt a bit sober. And she started to think about what happened. But what happened was un-explicable. And the thing she could think of was to get out from there as soon as it is morning.

Adrianna had no idea when she fell asleep. She woke up when a sun ray hit her face. She woke up and started to walk but she had no idea in which direction she should walk  in order to get out from the woods. She started to calling for help. But no one was there to help her. When suddenly she had a weird feeling. It felt like she knew all the ways out. She started to walk without any idea but still it felt like she was going to the right direction. Like she had a vision of this place. After a while of walking she found herself standing in front of that house. She didn’t want to go inside but she had to. Because as everyone knows it takes one hour to get to Boulder by car. So she somehow gathered all her strength and went to the house. She stood in front of the door and it opened by itself making a annoying noise and she was really amazed to hear it because all these days that she lived there it never made any sound. She slowly walked in and what she saw, it made her really surprised. On the floor, on the walls, everywhere she looked ,she saw bunch of old photos and letters and papers were everywhere. But she wasn’t ready to go and look for an explanation yet. She took her car keys and went out side. She started the car and it wasn’t starting at first but after some tries it finally started.

She was driving the car and thinking about going back to New Jersy because she had enough loneliness and silence. And she can use a little noise now and also a therapist. Suddenly her cell phone rang and she was surprised to see that it was in the car. ’Oh…How it got here?’, she said to herself and received the call.

-‘Hello!’

-‘Hello!  Ma’am. I’m calling from the’ PETA’. We’re having a little seminar to raise money to save the animals. We would like you to have there with us if you’re interested? And also…’

-‘Okay. I’ll think about that and call you later. Bye.’

‘Oh! God ! Thank you that I have left my cell in here. OK. Let’s see …..Yeah!  Madison …. Maybe I should call her…’(Madison Frank was Adrianna’s publisher and the only friend.)

Adrianna dialed her number when suddenly a big car came towards her from the same side of road and almost had an accident. But she somehow managed to dodge it and looked back but the car wasn’t  anywhere near. It was like it vanished itself in the air. And when she picked up the phone to call Madison she saw that instead of her phone she had a little, ugly, brown doll in her hand.