Happy Birthday, Leader-nim

Happy Birthday, Leader-nim

 

Turning twenty-eight (twenty-seven in western years) is a milestone for Jung Yunho. Granted when he was younger he didn't exactly think he would spend his twenty-eighth birthday the way he did.

 

Part of him is content, happy with the amount of congratulations and gifts and birthday wishes he received from his friends and and co-workers and fans. But, another part of him can't help but be disappointed. When he was younger, he never thought he would have become this popular, so he'd imagined his twenty-eighth birthday differently.

 

 

Yunho figured that he would probably be married by then, maybe even have children. That he would probably still live in Gwangju, close to his family, and that he would probably be a law official like other members of his family. He would be a known prosecutor, with a pretty wife, who was perfect for him and everyone was jealous of him for. And, he might even have children, a few perhaps. Sons and a daughter, all of who were the spitting image of their parents.

 

On his birthday he would probably spend a few hours in the day in the office, catching up on paper work, reviewing a case, and maybe meeting a client. Then later he would head home early a demand made by his wife, that he would happily comply to.

He would return to his well sized family home, where his children would rush into the foyer to greet him as he removed his shoes. They would drag him by the sleeve into the dining room where the rest of his family would be dutifully waiting for him. His mother would greet him with a kiss on the cheek, his father with a pat on the back, and his sister by teasing him about getting old. They would all laugh and his wife would round the corner carrying food and joke that if he was getting old then so was she.

They would have a wonderful home-cooked mean, all made by his charming wife, and follow with an elegant cake that his wife, mother, and sister all baked and decorated together. And, that would be all that he needed. Presents wouldn't be important, because he would already have all the important things.

 

 

Instead, Yunho finds himself strutting sluggishly into the elevator of his fancy high-rise condo building.

He presses the button to his floor and leans back against the wall with a sigh.

 

It was a great day, but in comparison to his fantasy, it was kind of sad. As an idol, getting a girl friend is much harder than it seems. Especially as a well known Hallyu idol. Half women pursue him for his fame or his money and the other half want nothing to do with him romantically because of his inane saesaeng 'fans'.

 

When the elevator tings and the doors open, Yunho decides he wants nothing more than a mouth-full of delicious food and a nice, long nap. Nodding, he steps out of the elevator shaft and into the hallway of the fourteenth floor.

 

He just wants food, and tv, and a nice long rest. He'd spent most of his day off from schedules seeing friends and doing some celebrating, but what he really wanted for his birthday was some rest. Peace, and quiet, and rest.

 

The peace and quiet was ruined of course, with the fan girls crowding and practically crushing him, all of the screaming his name and their undying love for him, as well as a mix of birthday wishes.

 

He was thankful for his fans, and their love, and support, but there are days where he just wants to be human.

Where there's no U-know and just Jung Yunho. Where he can go out in public and not get mobbed, and have dates, and be seen with women, and have fun without having to worry about the backlash that the poor lady will get from his fans. But, that doesn't mean anything to anyone.

 

The rest was pushed back because of his friends dragging him out to celebrate— but this part didn't bother him. Because at least those close to him cared enough to wish him happy birthday.

 

All he wanted now was to go home, eat, and sleep.

 

But, it seemed he wouldn't be getting that either, as he finally made it to his door.

At first he thought it was fan who found out his personal address and made it past the security entrance, but at second glance he realized it was his neighbor. The pretty, twenty-four year old stylist was knocking on his door and ringing his door bell persistently.

 

As he walks up to her, Yunho observes the young woman. Song Yoobin has been his next door neighbor of the apartment across from his, since he moved in. They talk quite a bit whenever they meet each other, but don't really socialize much aside from that. He'd been to her apartment once before, for a small 'welcome to the building' party that the other tenants on their floor also attended, but never for anything personal. And, never before— aside from coming over to ask him if it was okay to throw the party— has she ever knocked on his door.

 

Yoobin is a sweet young lady. She is the fashion director of Korea's top ten fashion magazine, High-cut. She's a very busy, very talented, and very efficient woman. But, in person— outside of work— Yoobin seems to be quiet and soft spoken. She minds her own business and doesn't bother anyone, but is eager to help anyone.

Despite working for a fashion magazine, she isn't nosy, doesn't gossip, and doesn't over-do herself style-wise.

Even at that moment, most women would have shown up dressed up showily— trying to get his attention; but Yoobin wore only a pair of denim skinny jeans and a long sleeved white top that laced up across the bust. She was definitely pretty, in an alluring 'girl-next-door' kind of way.

 

My kind of girl. He thinks absently, as he stops beside her. “Do you need me for something, Yoobin-ssi?”

 

Song Yoobin jumps in alarm, turning to Yunho with wide eyes and surprised face, but then she realizes who it is and smiles at him. “Yunho-ssi, how are you?” she questions, bowing politely.

 

I'm well.” He replies, bowing in return.

 

I hear that today is your birthday.” She says with a smile. Yunho nods, seeing the way that her smile grows, her pretty brown eyes disappearing into two slits.

 

I was wondering if you had plans for dinner. Perhaps I could interest you in a home-cooked birthday meal?”

 

For a moment, Yunho is surprised. This is rather bold of her, inviting him over on a personal level. And, there's no way that he could skip out on a such a rarity.

 

Sure.” And, he follows her into her apartment.

 

 

Jung Yunho finds that Yoobin has prepared a delicious looking meal made all of Gwangju native foods, and he learns that she too came to Seoul from his hometown. She tells him that she wondered as she was making dinner if he missed Gwangju foods on a day like his birthday. And, in all honesty, he did. This girl was definitely a mind reader.

 

After they ate, he helped her crack open a bottle of wine, and she toasted his birthday, congratulating him.

 

Now the only thing left that would top this perfect night would be a birthday cake.” Yunho chuckles, sipping his white wine.

 

I think I can cover that.” Yoobin replies with a giggle, disappearing into the kitchen and reappearing with a white cake with slices of strawberry and kiwi on top, with a white chocolate bar that has a birthday greeting on it in chocolate syrup.

 

She starts singing him happy birthday as she lights the candles and Yunho can't help but smile. Yoobin is exactly the kind of girl that he's been looking for. It must be fate that they both came to Seoul and found each other. He wonders briefly that if he hadn't won that dance competition when he was thirteen and joined SM, and if she hadn't went into fashion school and moved to the big city; would they still have met in Gwangju?

 

When the song ends and he blows out his candles, Jung Yunho makes a wish that maybe, just maybe he could get lucky once more and Yoobin could want to be with someone as popular as him. That she would take a risk and maybe they could be happy together.

 

He watches her cut the cake into slices, with a huge smile on her face, and for a second he can see a flash of the dream he'd had as a young teenager. Back when he wanted to be a prosecutor and imagined having a wife and family by the time he was this age. And, for a brief second he could see Yoobin in the place of the wife he once dreamed of.

 

Yoobin-ssi.” he calls her quietly, leaning over to her.

 

Mmm?” She questions, looking up and suddenly realizing how close he is.

 

Yunho presses his lips against hers, gently brushing her hair away from her face and cupping her cheeks. Yoobin shuts her surprised-wide eyes and let's him kiss her. I guess that this can be his birthday present.

 

 

When he pulls away he presses his nose against hers in an eskimo kiss, “Thank you.”

 

Happy birthday, Jung Yunho.”

 

 

 


I made the dead line by one minute!!!

Today is our Jung Leader, Yunho's birthday!! ♥ This man is my forever ultimate bias and he deserves all the love and respect in the world. For all his hard work, and dedication, and all the difficulties and contoversy that he overcame; he deserves all the love and respect that we can give. And, after ten years of being the best that he could be for the Cassies, and dedicating all his time to his career, to building the legend that is DBSK. 
Sometimes people forget that when their idols signed those contracts they left their entire lives behind, and even if they quit, or retire, or move on; things will never go back to the way that they were before they were famous.
So, appreciate them as much as you physically can and give them all the love that they deserve.

Thank you for reading, don't forget to comment, subscribe, and wish Yunho a happy birthday.