Chapter 12

First Heartbreak

You woke up groggily the next morning as the sunlight hit your eyes. You turned your gaze to your clock and saw that you had woken up early.

15 minutes. I still have time.. you thought as you snuggled into your pillow drifting back to sleep.

"EUNNIE~!! WAKE UPP!!!" Kikwang yelled playfully

You rolled around, facing the other direction.

"Don't make me tickle youu~.. He warned

"I'M UP!" You said automatically sitting up.

"If you hurry up we'll go to your favorite cafe"

You smiled. "Ya. This time I'm paying."

"Okay honeyy~!!" he called as he left your room

You chuckled as you walked over to your closet getting ready for school.

--------------------

"Omygoshh!! So cold!!" You exclaimed rubbing your bare arms

"Why'd you wear that then? You should've worn something thicker." Kikwang scolded pointing at your button up.

You sighed. "I am never going to watch the news EVER again."

Just as you completed your sentence a strong gust of wind blew.

"Kikwang-ah it's so cold." You complained.

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"Oh nothing.. just let me catch a cold.. Possibly pneumonia...”

"Aish.. here!" Kikwang grumbled as he takes off his jacket and puts it on your shoulders.

"Thank you Kikwangie~!! You're so considerate." You beamed.

"Yeah yeah."

.. *silence*

"Kikwangie."

"mm.."

"Are you cold?"

"Yep."

"Do you want your jacket back?"

"..no."

You looked up at him before snuggling against his arm.

"Are you still cold?"

A playful grin appeared on his face. "Well.. my other arm is pretty cold too.."

"Don't push it." You warned as you leaned your head on his shoulder.

------------------------

"Okay class before you leave I have an announcement to make. As you all know our class is going on a camping trip this coming weekend along with other classes and I expect everyone to be on their best behavior."

RING!!

"Park Eunso please stay behind I have to speak to you about something."

Shoot. What I do this time?...I don't think I did anything..

"Yes, Miss Kim?" you said approaching her

"There is a talent show that is going to take place during the camping trip and I was wondering if you were interested."

"It sounds fun, but I don't know what I should do."

"Sing."

"I don't-"

"Yes she does!!" Kikwang interrupted poking his head in the room

"Don't worry Miss Kim, I'll make sure she participates." He says as he grabs your shoulders and steers you out the classroom

After leaving the classroom you wiggled out of his grasp and turn to look at him

"Ya!! Why'd you tell her that?! I'm not even sure if I'm going on the trip!!"

"I am not going to let you pass up an opportunity to perform in front of an audience. You are going."

Ever since you were little you always had a passion for singing. You would sing along with idols on T.V and everywhere in the house. You remembered this one time when you and Kikwang had built a stage in your living room and performed in front of your parents, you as the singer and Kikwang as the dancer.

"I'll drag you there if I have to."

"You wouldn't"

" Are you sure about that?"

"I'll run away"

"I'll capture you." Kikwang smiles cheesily as he wraps his arms around you from behind resting his chin on your shoulder.  You wiggle yourself out of his embrace popping  his flirtatious bubble.

"I-i better go to class! Don't want to be late hehe.." You laugh half-heartedly

"No running away!!" He called as he watched your figure disappear into the crowd

You were making your way towards the gym lockers when you heard a familiar voice calling you from a distance.

"Eunso-ahh!!!"

You turned your head to see Yoseob running towards you.

"Yeoja chingu~!!!" He called approaching you.

"Ya. That was a one day favor."

"Hehe~ I know, I just like teasing you." He said pinching your cheek

"Hmph. I'm leaving." You pouted stomping away.

"Wait for me!! Let's go together!!"

-----------------------

"Oh Eunso are you going on the camping trip?"

"I don't know. I'm still thinking about it."

You two were walking the track because the coach had nothing planned out.

"It's going to be so much fun!! I heard there was going to be a talent show and Beast is planning to perform."

"Really?! I want to see...”

"I heard from Kikwangie that you can sing."

ughh.. Kikwang. This guy will go to any lengths to get me to go huh.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to sing... with me."

"You sing? No wonder you sang so well in the van."

"I'm curious about YOUR singing. Kikwang has been ranting on and on about how good your voice is."

"I've always had a passion for singing but I'm not THAT good.."

"So you're going to do it?"

"Maybe."

"Pleeeeaassee~!!!"

After a moment of silence you slowly found yourself nodding. "..fine."

-----------------

For the rest of the week you spent your lunchtime and afterschool practicing the song with Yoseob. His voice was soothing and with every word you can feel the emotions flow through the lyrics.

"Wahh~!! Yoseobie your voice is so good!!" You applaud

"Your voice is good too!! I can see why Kikwang said all those things about you."

"WHY IS HE TALKING ABOUT ME? WHAT DID HE SAY?"

"Don't worry it's nothing bad, He just doesn't want a good opportunity like this to slip away." Yoseob shrugs

-FLASHBACK-

"Waahh! Eunnie, you sing really well! You should definitely participate in the school musical!" an 11 year old Kikwang applauded.

You laugh at the idea of taking part in the musical "I'd probably faint before stepping on the stage."

"I'll be there to support you!"

"Nahhh tell you what, we'll go watch it instead." you suggest

"Fiine..."

-At the musical-

When the curtains opened revealing the cast members you felt regret flow through but you decided to push it aside and enjoy the show.

As they perfomed you silently watched with a heavy heart. 

They look like they're having alot of fun..

While you were watching the show Kikwang was watching you and saw regret in your eyes.

Don't worry Eunnie when the next opportunity comes you won't miss it. I'll make sure of it. Kikwang thought to himself.