Chapter 9

First Heartbreak

"Yeoja chingu (Girlfriend)!!" Yoseob announces loudly.

Who is he calling?

You turn your attention towards him just in time to be attacked by his bear hug.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

As he crashes into you, you stubble back wondering what was going through your head when you agreed to this favor.

"Hey, this isn't going to work if you don't pretend to be my girlfriend. Just act like you always do because I'm so lovable." he whispers while hugging you.

You roll your eyes dramatically and hug him back tightly.

"Let's stay like this until she comes over" Yoseob suggests.

"But I need to go to class."

"Aww.. let me walk you to class then." Not waiting for a response Yoseob grins as he grabbed your hand pulling you towards the classroom.

[Kikwang's POV]

As I was patiently waiting for Eunso to come to class, I heard some whispers echoing through the room.

"What a slut!! First it was Kikwang and now it's Yoseob." I hear a girl whisper.

At the sound of my name I looked up to see Eunso and Yoseob entering the room holding hands.

Since when did Eunso and Yoseob get close? I knew they were friends but not THAT close.

Something in the pit of my stomach felt uneasy when I saw them together, but I figured it was just my empty stomach. I observed Eunso as she giggled at something Yoseob said. She looks really happy and I can't help but feel a little jealous of Yoseob when he pinched her cheek and hug her goodbye. I quickly looked back down and occupy myself with the hem of my shirt before I get caught staring, but Eunso already saw me.

"Oh Kikwangie you're here today!! How are you feeling? Hana told me you had the stomach flu." Eunso said as she approached my table.

"Eunnie!! Aishh.. Hana told you? Her and her big mouth, I feel fine though. A mere stomach flu can't stop me from coming to school. Why? Did you miss me?"

"You dumbdumb how can you leave me here alone!!" Eunso laughed in a joking matter.

"Mianhae, I'm such a terrible friend.." I sniffled.

"Yeah you are. But because I'm such a nice person I'll forgive you. Besides I made some new friends yesterday."

"Whatt?! You're not going to ditch me right?"

"Of course not!! I'll never leave you, even though you are sometimes a pain in the butt. Sometimes a bit full of yourself too. Also-"

"Anywayyyss.. speaking of new friends what's going on between you and Yoseob?" I asked trying to change the subject. Even though it was rude to poke into other peoples buisness the curiosity was slowly killing me.

"Me and Yoseob? Ohh.. we're-"

"PARK EUNSO GET BACK TO YOUR SEAT. CLASS IS ABOUT TO START!!" the teacher's voice boomed.

"I'll tell you at lunchtime." Eunso said as she quickly escapes to her seat.

 

---------------------------

 

After boring lectures it was finally lunchtime and I was waiting for Eunso at our table. I noticed girls giggling and pointing in my direction but I choose to ignore them because my mind was set on Yoseob and Eunso. As I looked around the cafeteria I finally spotted her with Yoseob. I watched as they walked into the cafeteria linking arms, Eunso's head was lightly resting on his shoulder. A rush of disappointment flowed though my body. I couldn't help it everytime I see them together I feel my body tense.

Seriously. What is wrong with me?

I tried to get her attention by waving my hands but it seemed like she didn't see me. She was heading towards the opposite side of the cafeteria. When I saw her sit at the table full of boys I felt my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

When did Eunso get close with Beast? Aishh.. I'm gone for only one day and so many things happened.

Seeing that Eunsook wasn't eating with us, I got up from the table and headed towards Beast. As I approached their table I see Dongwoon pouting and looking at Yoseob disapprovingly.

"Aww hyung!! You said pretty noona wasn't your girlfriend!! Great. I lost my opportunity." Dongwoon finished resting his head on Junhyung's shoulder.

Junhyung quickly pushed the maknae's head off and leaned it on Hyunseung. The older male shot a cold stare at Junhyung but he didn't seem intiminated or affected in any way. Hyunseung sighed and awkwardly patted Dongwoon's back attempting to comfort him. Eunso automatically noticed me when I approached the table.

"Kikwangie~!! Come sit with us!!" Eunso beamed as she made room and patted the seat beside her.

"Sup guys!! I see you've met Eunso. She didn't cause you trouble did she?" I accused eyeing Eunso

Doojoon chuckled. "Not at all!! She's such a pretty girl! We can always have one at this table you know." He winks at you.

"THESE are the friends you made yesterday?" I look at her with disbelief.

"HEY WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??!!!" Hyunseung asks slightly offended.

"Exactly what I said"

"EUNSO I LOVE YOU SO MUCHH!!" Yoseob shouts practically for the entire cafeteria to hear. Pulling her into a bone-crushing hug.

I look at them with a questioning gaze.

"Okay, she's gone" Yoseob whispers to Eunso as he loosens the hug

"Are you two going out?" I blurt.

"NO. Of course not!" Eunso waves her hands denying it. "It's for Yoseob to get back with his girlfriend. We are definitely not really going out."

The stress that has been building up slowly left me. I feel my body loosen up and I let out a sigh of relief.

 

---------------------------

 

 

After lunch, Yoseob and I were making our way through the crowded halls to our next class.

"So what's up with you and Eunso?" Yoseob raises his eyebrow in suspicion.

"What are you talking about? She's a close friend that's all." I say plainly. But a part of me feels like there are better words to describe our relationship.

"Really-"

"HYUNG! CAN I HAVE HER THEN?" Dongwoon asks popping out of nowhere.

"Dongwoon! Where did you come from?" Yoseob asks putting his hand over his chest trying to calm his heart.

"That doesn't matter." Dongwoon turns his head back to me "So can I?" he asks with hopeful eyes.

"I-uh-I don't think it's up to me to decide." I unwillingly studdered secretly hoping no one noticed.

I take a glance at Yoseob who had a knowing gaze.

What does he know......