#2

Suicide would be the best option, right?

      Credits to ilovejinri for the poster! I love her edits :3

Sorry for not updating in such a long time. Enjoy reading, my fellow subscribers!

----

         Jinri woke up, thinking her nightmare had ended. But it was the truth, her family is no longer there. It's been days after the funeral and she finally decided to be strong and move forward. No matter how hard she pinched her cheeks, she is still alone. Her head throbbed, most probably because of her energy drained for crying a lot yesterday after remembering . She gathered all her energy left, got up and slipped her feet into bunny flip flops. It was dawn, she looked outside her window and then to her clock. 5:30 am, still too early to be doing anything. Despite her little rest, Jinri figured she should have proper breakfast the least.

          Made some of her favourite breakfast meal, french toast and hot cocoa to brighten her day, but she still felt a pang of sorrow in her heart, loneliness. Jinri walked outside the house, breathing the fresh air in the morning, and though the cool air sent shivers down her spine, she was glad to be alive. After a long, warm bath she had, it was about time to go to school. She want her dead parents to be proud looking her from the sky. 

        But right after she put on her school uniform, she heard an unexpected knock on the front door. There were strangers, and turned out to be policemen who were trying to give Jinri help. She refused after hearing their explanation but gave in eventually. She was taken to a single-storey terrace house, and given a brief description of who will be taking care of her. Jinri was glad to know that at least she won't be alone from now on.

        With a small glimmer of hope, Jinri stepped into the house after knocking on the door when no one answered it. Jinri was nervous to be meeting her new family as the policemen just left her there because they were busy with other cases to solve. And they thought they were handling the easy one by handing over Jinri to her family. They didn't know how wrong they were until it was too late.

       Jinri was already inside the house and scanning her new home's interior, completely oblivious to someone had been staring at her the whole time at corner of her eyes. Jinri turned around and surprised to see a woman in her thirties, standing and leaning at the wall, smirking at her. "Choi Jinri, huh? So, you're all grown up" the woman said, with a cold tone in her husky voice. Her breath smells of alcohol with a mix of cigarrette smoke which Jinri didn't find pleasant at all but hide it with curving an insincere smile.

       Jinri only knew that the woman's name was Choi Sooyoung. And the woman was a relative of her own birth mother. Her past records were terrible as she was involved in drug possesions and that she was the only relative she had. Jinri nodded, looking down at the creaking floor as if it was welcoming her to hell. The woman took a seat on scratched leather couch, and continue talking. "Don't be too polite with your own mother now, Jinri"

      Jinri was surprised at the very statement coming from the woman's mouth. She didn't believe it at all. How can she be a daughter of such person? "Well, you were bringing much trouble as I was carrying you on your age now before, and so I left you at the orphanage" Saying it so easy and simple like that, Jinri was boiling inside. She was raged,  How can someone leave their own child at the orphanage? Before Jinri could open , "Now that you're bringing trouble back into my life, you should get a job on your own and pay for your tuition fees. Either this or just live at the streets." 

       It was absurd. Jinri could only let out a small, pathetic laugh at her situation.

---

       It's been 3 months Jinri living her horrible life, trying her best keeping her dark secrets from everyone. Graduation was nearing and she could care less. Her friends avoided her as she isolated herself from everyone and no one dared talking to her. Pretty much everyone assumed she went mental after the death of her parents. The rumors spread around saying she was the daughter of a murderer wasn't helping too.

       Jinri remained passive and cold, even struggling in her academics but she managed to get decent to get through graduation day. She went to her workplace straight after that to earn money because her mother wouldn't like it if she go to other place instead. And the situation gets pretty ugly for Jinri when her mother was pissed off. There was a scar of cigarette burn on her right, milky skin leg after she ignored her mother's state of drunkness. She learned her lesson and turned to be a slave.

       Jinri greeted Ms Yang, the owner of the grocery store. She works as her assistant, counting the sales and do everything she needs. Ms Yang is an old lady with no descendant of her own. That's why she always treat Jinri as her own grandchild and fond of her. Jinri too treat Ms Yang dearly and work hard never to dissappoint anyone. "How was your graduation day, Ssul?" Ms Yang asked followed by coughing for a few times. "You should worry of your own health instead, halmeoni" Jinri said while patting her back with a concerned look on her face.

---

       Myungsoo was walking home after picking up his little sister at the playground. "Oppa, oppa! I want ice cream please?" Lee Hi said enthusiastically while jumping up and down boasting her aegyo. "Only if you behave" Myungsoo said smiling while ruffling her hair. Myungsoo was known as the cold prince in high school but he was never cold especially to his only sister. 

       Since the blazing sun was beating down on them, they stopped by a mini grocery store nearby for shelter and to fulfill his sister's wish. Lee Hi was busy choosing her popsicles right next to Myungsoo and that's when he heard familiar voice. He looked up to seeing genuine laugh comes from a beautiful girl with long black silky hair, and an old lady beside her chuckling.

---

       "I got the beauty from halmeoni? Please" Jinri joked and laughed after Ms Yang said she shares the same age with Jinri which explains the equal beauty and youthful health. Jinri tilts her head to sideways after sensing the presence of customers from the corner of her eyes. The shop never gets any customer from her schoolmates, and Jinri was thankful for anyone would've never seen her fragile state. But she was surprised to see one of the most popular guys in high school stand before her. 

----

       Sorry for the short chapter I have short creativity span with the size of a spoon T___T