Part 1

The Boy Who Played With Fire.

 

{Author’s Note; Yeah so I really don’t wanna know when this was last updated, any of my fics for that matter. Too long that’s what, but seriously I mean…between the baby chick that is living in my bedroom, screwed up parents, school, serious bouts of depression and illness….I kinda haven’t really had the choice. OTL. But I’ll see what I can get out now yeah? My writing style is completely off to if I may add, no guarantees on the quality of this at all.}

 

Focused seemed to evade Mi Young for the next day or so, and after the vision of a boy from her past, she couldn’t sleep either, flashbacks echoing throughout her mind whenever she closed her eyes. She was distracted at rehearsal the next day, her act off and not even her lathers of makeup hiding the dead look in her eyes. Mi Young’s performances were always perfect, from the perfectly straight eyeliner that ringed her eyes to her timing and flexibility, there was never a mistake…but today was different. Her puppeted limbs were jerky, her stare lifeless and not befitting the act. Her timing was off, her choreography was wrong and in the end the coordinator called her off and told her to take a nap instead. That was when a very worried dongsaeng had approached her, wanting to get to the bottom of the mystery.

“Hey Unnie” Seohyun cooed quietly as she approached the wreck of a redhead, smiling sweetly and taking a seat beside her, Sungmin watching on from a distance; leaning against a doorframe.
“Oh, Hey Seo” Mi Young was awakened from her current day dream by the sound of Seohyun’s voice and she smiled weakly up at the younger as she willed the images of a redheaded boy to go away.
“Are you okay? You seem unwell….” A pout took over Seohyun’s lips as she sat beside the redhead, the red flaps of her tail coat hanging over the edge of the seat.
“I’m fine Seo don’t worry, just a little tired that’s all”.
“You’re thinking about him”
“Wha-!?” Mi Young began to protest but was cut off by Seohyun’s voice again, it shocked her how the younger could practically read minds, it wasn’t her demonic skill…but it should have been.
“You know him from somewhere….you called out his name last night, when he walked past” the younger’s eyes were bright and yet firm, she knew that she was right and she knew Mi Young didn’t want to admit it. But she hadn’t really left the elder more choice.

“It was a lucky guess”
“Oh come on Mimi be serious, he’s the reason your distracted right?” Mi Young refused to meet her eyes and Seohyun sighed.
“Look, I’m on in five. But I’ll be back to interrogate you later okay? You’re not getting out of this one, I need to know why it’s upsetting you so much. Chances are I can help okay Unnie? Just….look after yourself until I get back” finishing by hugging the elder girl quickly Seohyun smiled sympathetically before running over to Sungmin, the two disappearing back stage just as Eunhyuk began to announce their entrance.

She left Mi Young in a fluster. Thoughts rushed through her head, images of her past flashed behind her closed eyelids and a fear of what she was going to tell Seohyun slowly began to rise in the pit of her stomach. She couldn’t explain it, it was impossible to describe and she couldn’t even watch the flashes without wanting to curl up in a ball and cry, to hide in the darkness and never be found again. Hell! That was what she was doing here, hiding in a circus full of demons in hope he would never find her, but here she was……and there he was, right outside in the training ring of the ringmaster.

Mi Young’s eyes flicked to attention as she gazed up to tent door, the flap being pushes aside and a deep whimper ringing out to her trained ears. A crumpled boy stumbled through the doorway, his arms decorated with deep lashing burns, the black slices beginning to weap and he clutched across his burnt chest tightly. He barely made it two steps into the tent before he collapsed in a trembling mess, sitting on his knees as he let out a whimper again, flaming red hair that seemed as it was fire itself falling down to cover his face. Mi Young knew she wasn’t ready to see him, but with the boy kneeling on the ground in the injured state he was her protective instincts took over and all it took was a hacking cough to come out of the boy before she was kneeling at his side, eyeing over his wounds.
“Hyunseung!” she called harshly, eyes widened with worry as she whispered comfortingly  to the redhead, telling him that help was coming, that they’d fix him up. But all he could do was chuckle darkly, almost psychotically and her worry only grew, the ring master drove so many mad before they could even perform, she bit her lip as she realised he could have be one of them.

“HYUNGSEUNG!” seriously that guy needed to get his out here, he was the only one who could help Channie and she sighed deeply as she heard the thud of someone seating themselves beside her, a mop of raven black hair beginning to examine over the boy.
“Did I make it in” Chanyeol broke off his chuckling to ask his question, his voice a lot deeper than Mi Young had remembered it.
“Am I..i-in the circus now” he could barely piece his words together before another cough rattled through him and Hyunseung bt his lip before pulling Chanyeol’s arm over his shoulder and helping him up, planning to get him out of here so he could work his magic. 
“Yeah…yeah you did, but you gotta hang on for me or you won’t be hear very long” Mi Young watched in silence as CHanyeol stumbled out, using Hyunseug as crutch as they left the tent. She was unable to move, frozen to the spot by the fact that her hand had rested on his shoulder. That he wasthere he was alive and yet even still….she didn’t have the courage to go after him.

Slowly the other performers trickled out from backstage, Mi Young’s eyes lowering away from the slathered make up and sparkly costumes. There was only one reason you would call for Hyunseung like that, and that was if someone was injured…badly, and now everyone was curious and most likely waiting for Mi Young explanation. She took a deep breath before talking.
“Our newest arrival has been released. Possibly mental but I’m not 100% sure” whispers began to scatter throughout the crowd before they were all silenced by Eunhyuk, the leader of their little ring of freaks.
“Position?” he asked quietly, seeing the discomfort that was surging through Mi Young. She thought for a moment, considering over his injuries as she tried to judge what role he would play in their little show.
“Inflammist….”