Take care (I like you?)

School 2013 Season 2

The next afternoon, Nam Sun woke up feeling like crap. He had the worst headache ever and his throat felt dry. Nam Sun woke up to notice himself asleep on his bed still in his clothes from the previous night and he reeked of alcohol. The sunlight shone from the lonely window in his room that just seemed to worsen the headache he had at the moment.

Nam Sun got off the bed and went to close the shades to avoid the blazing sunlight from entering his bedroom. Just then, he heard the sound of someone pounding on his front door.

“Who is it?” Nam Sun called out hoarsely as he walked over to the door.

“It’s me.” A familiar voice said from behind the door.

Nam Sun opened the door and felt the sunlight blaring in his face. Nam Sun brought his arm to his face and acted it as a shade from the sun. Nam Sun moved away from the door and walked over to the kitchen sink.

“Yah, are you feeling better?” Heung Soo asked as he placed down a plastic bag on the low dining table.

“I feel like s***!” Nam Sun cursed as he got himself a glass of water.

“Here, I got you some hang over soup.” Heung Soo said tapping the container in the bag.

“I’m gonna go shower first.” Nam Sun said placing down the glass of water.

“Okay, I’ll make some rice for you.” Heung Soo as he started to get busy around the kitchen.

After Nam Sun’s shower, he quickly ate up the food that Heung Soo had brought over for him. He was hungry since it was probably about 2 in the afternoon.

“Yah, how did you know I would be awake around this time?” Nam Sun asked as he sipped on his soup.

“Anyone who was wasted the night before, I bet wouldn’t be awake at 8 in the morning will they?” Heung Soo answered sarcastically as he drank down his glass of water.

Nam Sun just chuckled and continued to eat up his food.

“I don’t think I can stay any longer, I need to get going.” Heung Soo said glancing at his phone before he got off the floor.

“Why? Where are you going?” Nam Sun asked.

“I need to get to my part time job.” Heung Soo said as he sighed.

“You have a part time job?”Nam Sun asked oddly.

“I do. I can’t let noona pay for all my college fees if I were to go to college am I?” Heung Soo said.

Hearing Heung Soo talk about college saddened Nam Sun a little but Nam Sun decided to put on a smile and just nodded his head in agreement.

“Alright then, see you later.” Heung Soo said as he headed for the door.

“Owh, and here. Just in case you have a headache.” Heung Soo said tossing small bag of medicine next to Nam Sun before he put on his shoes and left Nam Sun’s place.

Nam Sun picked up the bag and noticed that there were a few pills of aspirins. Nam Sun smirked as he placed them on the table. Nam Sun picked up the dishes and left them in the sink before he went into his room and picked up his phone that was lying on the floor. It had probably fallen of the bed that morning or the night before he wasn’t sure himself. He noticed there were several miss calls and text messages.

“Are you awake?” –Song Ha Kyung

“Are you dealing well with your hangover?”- Song Ha Kyung

There were several other messages that sounded just about the same. It made Nam Sun smile seeing how concerned she seemed. Nam Sun tapped the screen several times thinking of what he should reply to her.

“Let’s meet up.” –Ko Nam Sun

Nam Sun finally sent the text message and went to lie down on his bed. He waited for her reply and just barely a minute went by, he successfully received a message from Ha Kyung.

“Okay. What time?”-Song Ha Kyung

Nam Sun glanced at the clock on his wall that said 3P.M.

“4P.M. I’ll pick you up at your place.”-Ko Nam Sun

With a smile on his face, Nam Sun got off the bed and quickly got dressed. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do that day but he just thought he wanted to have some time with her since they had barely a week left before all of them enters college and himself enlisting into the army. Oddly, Nam Sun tried to dress himself in the best clothes he had. When he was done, he left his room and headed to the shelf in his living room. He opened the tin placed on the top of the shelf.

He opened it up to see cash that he had been saving. There wasn’t much. Ever since he had to scrape every single cent he had to pay back Jung Ho’s debt, he had to start saving again by working. Nam Sun sighed seeing the bills he had in there. He hesitated whether he should take the money or not. After hesitating for a little while, Nam Sun ended up picking up a few bills and closed the lid. He slipped the money into his pocket and left his house.

* * * *

Ha Kyung got out from her house and saw Nam Sun standing by the gate like he had done the night before except that in his hand there was no bouquet of flowers. Ha Kyung tapped his shoulder when she saw that he had probably not noticed her.

“Owh, you’re here. Sorry I hadn’t brought anything for you.” Nam Sun said embarrassedly.

“It’s okay. It doesn’t matter to me.” She said smiling at him.

“Are you feeling better now?” She asked looking at his face.

“I’m fine.” Nam Sun answered as he smiled seeing Ha Kyung’s smiling face.

“So, where are we going?” She asked.

“Do you have anything you want to do?” He asked her.

“I dunno. I’ve never really spend time like this before.” She said.

“Okay. Then, let me bring you somewhere fun.” Nam Sun said as he led the way.

The both of them walked till they reached to an amusement park. Ha Kyung just stared at the large compound containing all sorts of entertainment rides and games. Slowly, a smile formed on her face.

“So, which one should we ride first?” He asked her.

“That one!” Ha Kyung said as she pointed towards a roller coaster like a little kid.

“That… one?” Nam Sun stuttered as he looked at the roller coaster.

“Come on! I’ve always wanted to try that one!” Ha Kyung said as she pulled Nam Sun’s arm.

Nam Sun reluctantly followed after her. He wished she didn’t have to choose the scarier rides to start with.

“Why don’t you go on it alone? I’ll just wait for you down here.” Nam Sun said as he looked up at the roller coaster ride nervously.

“Yah! If you’re not going to ride it then why’d you even brought me here in the first place! So, let’s go!” Ha Kyung scolded as she pulled Nam Sun towards the roller coaster ticket booth.

Nam Sun hated roller coaster rides but seeing how happy Ha Kyung looked wanting to ride it somehow made him smile a little though how horrified he was. Nam Sun fidgeted as they waited in line to get on the roller coaster. Ha Kyung noticed the uneasiness in Nam Sun and it made her chuckle as she smiled. The Ko Nam Sun she knew was scared of roller coaster rides? It seemed a bit funny to her at the moment.

“Don’t worry.” Ha Kyung said as she held Nam Sun’s hand reassuringly.

Nam Sun stopped fidgeting as he looked down at his hand that Ha Kyung was holding on to. Ha Kyung didn’t notice Nam Sun gazing at her since she was too fascinated by the roller coaster ride.

When they were done with the ride, Nam Sun quickly got off as soon as their belts were released. He had a zombified look on his face that made Ha Kyung laugh.

“Yah! Ko Nam Sun! Was it that terrifying?” Ha Kyung asked laughing at him.

“Was it not? I thought I could’ve died up there!” Nam Sun exclaimed as he quickly took a seat at the nearest bench.

“Yah… What is this? You’re not scared to go against a gang of gangsters but you’re scared of a roller coaster ride?! Unbelievable!” Ha Kyung said still laughing.

“It’s not funny! I could’ve potentially had a heart attack up there.” Nam Sun grumbled as he tried to calm himself.

“Okay, okay. I’ll go get us drinks alright?” Ha Kyung said trying to stifle a laugh.

Nam Sun watched as Ha Kyung went to get them drinks. From where he was seated, he could still see Ha Kyung trying hard not to laugh but at a certain time she still did manage to actually laugh. He didn’t really care that she was making fun of him. He was just glad that she was able to smile and laugh.

“So what do you want to ride next?” Nam Sun asked as he sipped on his drink.

“Hurm…” Ha Kyung looked around at the rides available.

“That one!” She finally said pointing at the giant ship that swings from left to right.

“Yah! Why do you keep choosing the dangerous ones?!” Nam Sun said choking on his drink.

“I bet it isn’t as scary as the roller coaster ride anyway. Let’s finish this up and go!” Ha Kyung said all smiles as she drank down her drink.

Nam Sun sighed and continued to finish his. The next few hours, they went on rides by rides. Ha Kyung constantly kept choosing rides that don’t seem to be to Nam Sun’s liking. It was either had to do with heights or to him seem dangerous and unsafe. The both of them played till it was closing time at around 8 p.m.

“That was fun!” Ha Kyung exclaimed happily as she smiled.

“It was huh?” Nam Sun said smirking.

“It must’ve been tough getting on all those rides because of me.” Ha Kyung said as she giggled.

“Now only you’re realizing it?” Nam Sun teased.

“It was fun anyways.” She said smiling.

The both of them walked hand in hand as Nam Sun sent Ha Kyung back home. Their walk home, Nam Sun was quiet as he listened to Ha Kyung babbling about how fun and exhilarating the rides were to her. It made Nam Sun smile how much fun she seemed to have.

“Thanks for spending the day with me.” Nam Sun said when they had finally reached her front gate.

“No, I should be thanking you. I hadn’t had this much fun in years.” Ha Kyung said smiling.

They stood there still holding onto each other’s hand like they didn’t want to let go. Ha Kyung waited for Nam Sun to say something to her. Nam Sun stood in front of her for a little while hesitating about what he should actually really say to her.

“You should go in. Tonight seem pretty chilly.” Nam Sun said as he let go of her hand.

Ha Kyung nodded her head disappointedly but still tried to smile. Ha Kyung turned around slowly towards her gate but before she could open it, Ha Kyung felt Nam Sun’s arm around her shoulder that caused Ha Kyung to stiffen.

“Ha Kyung ah.” Nam Sun called her name quietly.

“Oh?” Ha Kyung answered quietly.

For a while, Nam Sun hadn’t said anything. The both of them just stood there with Nam Sun arm still wrapped around her shoulder.

“Take care while I’m away alright?” Nam Sun said finally.

Ha Kyung nodded her head waiting for Nam Sun to say something else but to her disappointment, Nam Sun’s arm slowly slipped away from her shoulders.

“Good night.” Nam Sun said and walked away.

Ha Kyung still had her back facing him. She felt tears in her eyes. Honestly, she had waited for Nam Sun to tell her those words she had waited for all this while. Ha Kyung just blinked away those tears sighing as she walked into her house. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates won't take long for now I hope... Already gotten to write a few chapters but I'm not gonna reveal all of them at one shot so, only 1 chapter 1 day alright? Hehehe... Keeping it like a suspense... XD

Just a little spoiler, there's going to be a new character starting from one of the chapters later so, I'll just introduce that character later on... Please, anticipate!! Thank you!! ♥