She's..... Blind?

Loving an Angel

She’s there again, playing with her guitar. I’ve decided to talk to her.

I want to know her. I want to listen to her songs closely.

I walked close to her.

Slowly.

 

 

“Hi.” I said.

She didn’t look up.

“Uh. H-hi. You’re a transferee right?” I asked. Still, she didn’t look up. “If you don’t want to talk I’ll go. I’m sorry.”

Giving up, I was about to walk away when she spoke.

 

“Wait! Ah, a-are y-you talking to me?” she asked. I looked back but was disappointed because she’s not looking at my direction.

Silence. And then.

 

“Hah. How am I supposed to think that someone will be interested talking to me? Haha.”  She was saying it to herself.

“Miss.. I’m here.” I walked closer towards her.

 

“ Ya! If you have nothing to do but make fun of me, then just go home!! “she gripped her guitar.

“Hey, I’m not making fun of you. I- I was just asking. Ah. If, if you want to talk.”  I’ve said it.

“You- you want to talk? To me? “

“Uhm. Yes. Can’t you see it? I’m here to talk. ”

 

“Ah. I- I can’t. I can’t see. I can’t see you.”

“What? You can’t see me? I’m here. Hey I’m not invisible?”

I waved my hands in front of her face. She didn’t react. “Can’t you see my hands?”

 

 

No answer.

 

“A-are you blind?”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

“I’m... I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“Lucas. I’m Lucas. And you are?”

 

“Athena.”