Chapter Two

Heartquake

Sungmin let out a loud moan against his handsome stranger's lips, moving his own with lust and desire. He wrapped his arms around the other's neck, pulling him close against his body. The latter released a low growl when Sungmin on his tongue with avidity. He shamelessly grinded his lower parts against the taller brunette's who gasped and chuckled breathily against his lips. Obscene sounds could be heard coming from their sloppy kiss. Soon, it turned into an opened-mouth one, the both of them continuously with each and of their pink and wet muscle. Sungmin squealed before he sighed in pleasure when the stranger suddenly d his with a dark grunt filled with lust. Nothing seemed to be able to stop the wildness of their need and they were both already anticipating the moment they would finally go to the higher level. The strawberry blonde knew he might have sounded like a , but all he wanted right now was to have this alluring man pounding his deep down his - or the contrary, at this stage he wasn't going to be picky. It seemed like he asked his name into a mumble - everything was sort of cloudy, really - but the man replied Kyuhyun. Sungmin gave his own name and then released another loud mean when their hard southward organs rubbed against each other through their pants. The both of them were barely aware of the fact they were still in the middle of the club's dance floor and that people stole them envious glances. The music was still booming loudly in their ears and the place seemed to become more and more crowded.

Sungmin vaguely remembered he was supposed to go back to work in less that five minutes, but he really didn't want to let go of this dazzling Kyuhyun. The mere thought of the latter ing someone else than himself made jealousy boil in his veins. The latter then traveled down to his jaw and finally his neck where he nibbled on the delicious milky skin. Sungmin whimpered as Kyuhyun let a deep mark on the side of his neck. Shuddering with pleasure, he bit the taller's ear and on it like a would. He wasn't even ashamed of it, he just knew he wanted Kyuhyun badly. His eyes were clouded with lust and sheer desire. He turned his head slightly, giving more access to the man while his eyes scanned the crowd, vaguely noticing the friend Kyuhyun had came with, and then he spotted Donghae behind the bar just in front of the said friend. He was about to go for him, forcing Kyuhyun to follow him so he could tell his best friend what his plans of the night were, when his sight caught another familiar figure. He tried to focus as much as he could, even though Kyuhyun's hands his lower back weren't helping as he released another breathy groan.

Choi Siwon...?

 

 

 

Boyfriend? Hyukjae repeated inwardly. I surely wasn't expecting this. He stared dumbfounded at the barman, someone he barely knew, too shocked to realize the furry into the latter's eyes. A part of him wanted to deny and stop all this masquerade because he truthfully didn't know anything about that man except his name and where he worked. He tried to meet his eyes, at least to know how he was supposed to react in this kind of situation. But Donghae only had eyes for the eldest of them, a furious and blaming gleam burning in his eyes. And when Hyukjae eventually glanced at Choi Siwon, all his prior conflicted wonders faded to the back of his mind. The horrified and shocked expression his step-father had on his face was just too priceless to let his logic and reason put an end to it.

Donghae glanced at Hyukjae discreetly, wondering if the latter would get the hint and play along his random declaration. He didn't really think, his mouth talking before his brain could understand what was happening. But the way Siwon's face had lost all his colors was completely worth it ; he didn't care if the young brunette would be mad at him and whatnot. It felt painfully good to see such chaos painted on Siwon's face and in his terrified eyes, and the need to make him hurt even more itched his senses. But he was mad also, on top of being sickly happy. He was mad because, why did Siwon look so hurt and confused, as if Donghae had just stabbed him in the back? Why did he look as if he was begging him to take his words back? His hands turned into tight fists as he clenched his jaw with deep annoyance and hatred. Choi Siwon didn't have the right to give him this sort of look, as if he was the one who had been betrayed and not the contrary.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw Hyukjae quickly hiding his previous shock and he sent him a meaningful look. Donghae then smirked and leaned forward. Siwon stared at him with wide, shocked eyes, obviously wanting to hear an explanation but not knowing how to voice it out. Donghae put his annoyance aside, only focusing on the delectable feeling he got every time the tall man flinched under his gaze. He was screwed, completely screwed ; he couldn't reveal to Hyukjae that they knew each other, which meant Donghae had full control of this situation since Hyukjae had implicitly agreed to play along.

"What, Sir?" He asked in fake innocence. "Something bothers you?"

 

Siwon couldn't say anything, but Hyukjae leaned against the bar with a vicious smirk on his lips. "Don't we make a great couple?" He said.

Donghae almost chuckled at how sassy and provocative the other sounded.

 

"T - This isn't possible," Siwon stated with a shaky voice. "You don't know each other, and -"

 

"Oh, trust me, Sir. We do." He said. From the corner of his eyes, he briefly noticed that Sungmin had finally detached himself from his stranger and was worriedly coming toward them, a worried expression on his face. He probably saw Siwon, he thought absent-mindedly.

 

"T - Then prove it," Siwon demanded. "If you guys are really dating, then prove it. Right now."

 

Donghae faced the latter and cocked an eyebrow in disbelief. Siwon should know better than anyone that he wasn't someone who fled away from challenges. He rested his elbow on the counter and propped his chin with his hand. The oldest of the three was still throwing them panicked looks, while Hyukjae slightly raised his eyebrows at the latter's inquire. Then, the both of them shared a short glance ; Hyukjae was quite handsome, to be honest. If the man had caught his attention as soon as he had stepped a foot into the club, it wasn't for no reasons. He wasn't going to lie ; if he could get back at Siwon only by having a hot make-out session with that yummy boy, who was he to refuse such a great opportunity? It was like killing two birds with one stone. An amused grin spread on his lips as he straightened up, and turned slightly to face Hyukjae who was looking at him with questioning eyes. Was he even gay to start with? Donghae quickly shrugged it off and gestured him to come closer, and the other complied with slight hesitation, but thankfully Siwon didn't notice it.

"Babe?" He called him. "Apparently your step-daddy wants us to make-out."

 

"I guess he's into that kind of things, isn't he?" Hyukjae snickered and Donghae smirked back. Oh yes, he is.

Sungmin and the taller brunette were coming closer and closer, but before they could reach them, Donghae had already grabbed the front of Hyukjae's shirt and pulled him into a searing kiss. He vaguely heard Siwon's shocked gasp, but before he could find the time to let the sweet taste of vengeance spread in his system, Hyukjae was already parting his lips. Immediately, Donghae slipped his tongue inside. They both fought for dominance, their pink muscle entwining and twirling together. At some point, Hyukjae released a small moan and Donghae growled lowly, grabbing the other's face. He tilted his head and pushed his tongue deeper inside, eliciting another choke groan as they continued to kiss intensely. The boy tasted like strawberry, Donghae noticed, even though he had drank over three glasses of alcohol. He decided he liked it, and tried to pull Hyukjae closer despite the counter bar separating the both of them.

On his part, Hyukjae was completely lost into their sloppy kiss, the presence of Siwon completely forgotten as Donghae's hot and sweet tongue roamed aggressively within his mouth, discovering each part of it, as if he already knew it by heart. Unconsciously, his hands reached for the barman's hair, against the latter's lips as it became harder and harder to breath normally. He didn't even know this guy, but damn, he was a great kisser. He knew that things were escalating too fast, that his head wasn't dizzy only because of the lack of oxygen. He knew he had to stop, because the tingling sensation and the overwhelming lust he felt all over his body wasn't normal. He couldn't hear the booming music anymore, neither Siwon's orders to let go. He only knew Donghae's lips on his, and the low moans he released because of himself. This simple fact made him kiss the barman harder. They didn't stop kissing, releasing moans and groans that became louder and louder with each seconds.

They only parted when it became urgent to breath, but their foreheads were still stuck together as heavy pants left their swollen red lips. His eyes clouded with something he couldn't quite defined, Donghae turned his gaze on Siwon, an evil smirk spreading on his lips.

Happy? He almost wanted to ask, but before he could say anything, Siwon was already out of sight, running out of the crowded and noisy club. His hands were still holding Hyukaje's cheeks while the other had his fingers entangled in his brown locks. The counter bar was still between the two boys, but neither of them really cared about it at this moment, still lost in their bliss and trying to gain back a normal breathing. Donghae slowly realized how milky and flawless Hyukaje's skin was, as he gazed at the boy. He almost wanted to the latter's cheeks, only to know if it was as smooth as it looked like. But he didn't move, because he knew he shouldn't. He also knew he should let go now, but Hyukjae didn't seem like he wanted to part yet and therefore he decided to stay still, only focusing on the other's hot breath hitting his face.

"Okay." Hyukjae's voice sounded more hoarse than earlier. "Thank you." He awkwardly said as he straightened up and let go of his hold on Donghae's hair. He blinked slowly and sat down on the stool in front of the barman.

The latter raised an eyebrow, ignoring the way his heart was beating too fast in his chest.

 

" 'Thank you'?" He repeated with an amused tone.

 

Hyukjae threw him a small glare through his eyelashes. "Yeah," He mumbled. "The dude's not here anymore, and that was a great make-out session. So... Thank you, I guess."

 

"Oh, my pleasure." Donghae chuckled slightly. "I guess."

 

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes at him, ready to spat some colorful insults, but before he could say anything, their friends finally reached them.

Sungmin's face was flushed and his hair were all disheveled, as he released small pants. The man behind him wasn't in a better state, the first buttons of his shirt already opened as he was tightly holding the strawberry blonde's hand. Donghae glanced at them before he picked up a rag and wiped the counter bar. He almost let out a mocking laugh, because it was incredibly obvious Sungmin wanted that man in his bed.

"Well, hi." He said nonchalantly. "What's up Ming?"

 

"I - I - I thought you were in trouble, and -" The latter stammered while a light shade of pink remained on his cheeks. "A - Are you alright, or -"

 

"Oh no, I'm fine." Donghae denied and threw at his best friend a meaningful look that clearly implied he didn't want to talk about it there. "And you, anything wrong?"

 

"I think not," Hyukjae slyly replied with a snigger and poked his own best friend's arm "Right, Kyuhyun?"

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." The latter mumbled and slightly bowed at the barman when their eyes met. "I think we should - I don't know, I -" He threw a hesitant look at Sungmin, who shot him a heated gaze.

 

Donghae shook his head in disbelief, before he pointed a door next to the bar that lead to a backroom with a finger.

"Heechul hyung told me there's a couch in the backroom," Donghae commented. "Perfect to read a book. Or something else, if you guys get what I mean."

 

He easily dodged the dirty napkin Sungmin tried to throw at his face, while Hyukjae burst out laughing. He allowed himself to smirk slyly and wiggled his eyebrows at his best friend, before the latter dragged the taller brunette behind him. One minute later, Kyuhyun and Sungmin weren't in sight anymore.

Hyukjae was still chuckling when Donghae handed him a strawberry milk. He looked up surprised at Donghae who only shrugged. "It's supposed to be Sungmin's, I found it in the fridge. But it's not like he'll need it right now."

 

"True," Hyukjae smirked and opened it thankfully, then took a long gulp. "I love strawberries."

 

"I can see that," Donghae snorted. "You even taste like strawberries."

 

"Way to make the situation less awkward, dude." Hyukjae sarcastically said, before he let out a tired sigh. "I guess I can't go home tonight. That horse-like man is going to tell Mom, I know it. And she's going to freak out, because she wants grand-children and everything."

 

Donghae glanced at the other with slightly raised eyebrows. "Is it a way to ask me if you can crash over mine?"

 

"No." Hyukjae glared at him as he put the empty pack of milk on the counter. "...But that'd be nice, because it's still your fault if I'm homeless tonight."

 

"What?" Donghae exclaimed. "I only tried to help you!"

 

"I believe there are other ways to help me, other than claiming to be my boyfriend, Mister!"

 

Donghae grumbled incoherently, throwing displeased looks at the young heir who only chuckled. He stretched his back with a small yawn and gazed lazingly at the barman who was busy reorganizing the bottles of alcohol.

"Fine," Donghae said then as he turned around to face him. "Fine, you can crash over mine - which is technically Sungmin's house, but what's his is mine, so whatever. And I guess your Kyuhyun friend is also going to sleep over, judging by the way those two are stuck together. But I tell you, no . I live my sister."

 

"Poor me, no tonight. And it's not like I've clearly said I wanted to , you know? I guess you can always prepare me a bath though."

 

"And a , too, maybe?" Donghae sarcastically asked.

 

"Oh, sure, that'd be great." Hyukjae smiled innocently. Donghae threw him a dark glare, before he walked away to take care of other customers.

 

He didn't really know why he was being so easy-going with the poor kid whom he basically knew nothing of. He just happened to be related to Siwon, and this was the only legit reason that lead him to befriend with him. Or maybe not, a small voice inside his head whispered him. Maybe because he intrigues you. This was still partially true, after all ; Donghae had wanted to know more about this young man no sooner than the very first second he had came into his sight. He was charismatic and handsome, on top of being a good kisser. He quickly glanced back at Hyukjae, who was nodding his head along the rhythm of the music, not noticing Donghae's attention on him. The latter focused back on his current customer, faking a bright smile before his mind wandered freely again.

As attractive as Hyukjae could be, another part of Donghae's brain, the stronger and bigger one, didn't let place to the new barman to think about those childish thoughts any further. Good kisser or not, y and attractive or not ; it didn't matter. Hyukjae and Siwon were related, and that was all he needed to know as for now. It probably would be mean and cruel, but Donghae didn't regret it one bit when the thought crossed his mind ; I could use him, he realized inwardly. Indeed, he could hurt as much as he wanted the man who had took away everything he had. He still remembered the distraught, almost hurt look Siwon had gave him when he had claimed to be Hyukjae's boyfriend. He needed, craved to see this sort of pain on the latter's face. The seek of revenge was almost burning his senses, too painfully for him to possibly think that it was the right way to go. He knew he shouldn't let his anger lead him, that he should try to calm down and forget about everything that had happened merely half a hour ago. But screw logic and reason ; he had suffered too much those last years, even letting his sister down, to even try thinking about forgiving the filthy man.

A small part of him felt guilty when he looked back at the peaceful young heir who was simply humming along the music still, and then he gave him a gummy smile. Donghae didn't have the heart to smile back, only going back to his current task. He probably was going to hurt Hyukjae, the latter would hate him for the rest of his life. Despite the fact he felt incredibly sorry, because Donghae still was a good human being, he couldn't find the strength in him to back away. He was already too much into it, although he had only imagined it so far. The mere thought of getting back at Siwon erased all the questions he was wondering about whether he should use Hyukjae or not.

Moreover, the young heir also wanted to get rid of his step-father. He had clearly stated it, even accepting to make-out with Donghae just to prove his point in front of Siwon. It wasn't as if he was only doing evil, was he?

I am... He thought, I am, but why do I not care?

 

When the club closed two hours later, Heechul decided to let the kids go first and to take care of the closing in few hours later himself ; Donghae wasn't used to the customs of the place yet, and Sungmin was too drunk as hell to even stammer his own name coherently. Kyuhyun wasn't in a better state either, although he could still walk approximately straight on his own. Hyukjae still decided to support him somehow, while Donghae had to carry his best friend to the car parked at the backyard of the club. He didn't even asked to the young heir if the latter had came with a car, assuming on his own that they would all head to Sungmin's apartment together in the same vehicle. Hyukjae didn't complain though, because he felt too lazy and tired to drive. After they had successfully managed to settle down the two drunk men at the backseat of the car, Hyukjae scrunched up his nose at the fishy smell that emanated from the two guys ; it was a mix between alcohol and . Deciding not to think further about those horrible images, he sat down on the passenger seat with a heavy sigh. Donghae glanced at him but didn't say anything, putting the ignition on.

Neither of them talked during the short trip to Sungmin's apartment. Hyukjae was simply zoning out the window, watching the bright lights of the shops of the crowded streets despite the late hour. Himself didn't know how he had ended up in such a situation, accepting a random invitation of a stranger to crash over his house. He honestly didn't see anything bad in Donghae, but they had met for only few hours. For all he knew, he could be a murderer or a psycho.

Something in the latter's attitude showed distance and coldness. Hyukjae gazed at the man, noticing the way Donghae only gave him a short emotionless look before he focused his attention back on the road. Then, as the lights turned green, he realized that he hadn't seen any genuine smile from the other during their time together at the counter bar. Of course, there were smirks and small grins, but none showed true happiness, as if they were somewhat forced. A frown appeared on his face as he let his head fall on the headrest ; he wanted to know what Donghae looked like when he was smiling for real. But before his mouth could voice out that silly thought, Donghae parked the car and shut the ignition off.

Hyukjae looked around him, and spotted an old building squeezed between a closed Chinese restaurant and a bookshop. The building's walls were a deep brick-red which was kind of charming, but the numerous breaks running here and there in addition of some broken windows ruined its charm.

"It looks better inside," Donghae told him as if he had read his thoughts. "Come on, get your friend and let's go."

 

Hyukaje nodded silently and followed Donghae out of the car, before they struggled to drag their drunk friends out of the vehicle. Careful not to make too much noises, they managed to walk in the building's entrance. Hyukjae released a resigned sigh when he noticed that the elevator was out of order. Donghae merely smirked and Hyukjae had to fight back the urge to strangle him when the latter simply said Last floor, buddy.

Twenty minutes later, and after Hyukjae cursed his best friend for being such a big drinker several times, the four of them finally reached the last floor. Donghae struggled a little bit to take out the key from his back pocket and then he opened the door silently, probably not to wake his younger sister. Taking the hint, Hyukjae did his best as well to be silent as possible while going in. On the couch of the living-room, a young girl was sleeping cuddled up into a colorful blanket, as if she had been waiting for Donghae and Sungmin to come back.

 

"I had told her to sleep early though," Donghae grumbled unhappily and gestured to Hyukjae to follow him. He opened Sungmin's bedroom door and threw the latter on the mattress unceremoniously. Sungmin shifted in his sleep, releasing a quiet whine before he rolled on his other side. As soon as Hyukjae laid his best friend on the bed, the strawberry blond wrapped his arms possessively around the brunette's chest. Donghae only rolled his eyes before he went out of the room followed by the young heir, and closed the door behind them.

"Make yourself comfortable," He said to Hyukjae as he carried his sister in another room. "Just wait, I'm going to find you some clothes."

 

"Okay." Hyukjae softly replied before he slumped down on the couch. He groaned with tiredness and took off his shoes then threw them away. As he took off his vest and his necktie, he watched his surroundings lazingly. Donghae had been telling the truth ; it truly looked better inside than outside. Sungmin, he guessed, had put an extra effort to decorate the apartment so it would look cozy and comfortable enough for a teenage girl.

 

"Here." Donghae's voice suddenly reached his ears. He turned his head and met the latter's brown eyes. Donghae was handing him pajamas and he took them with a small thank you. "You can change in the bathroom if you want. Take the shower tomorrow though, I'm sorry but I don't want to wake Yoona."

 

Hyukjae nodded. "Okay, I'll be quick."

He didn't wait for the other's reply before he hurried himself to hide in the bathroom. Another heavy, tired sigh escaped his lips as he sat down on the edge of the bath tube. He felt exhausted, as much as mentally as physically. He ruffled his hair with frustration, annoyed to realize he didn't feel the need to escape this place in the slightest. He knew that the most rational reaction he should have pulled up was to refuse the implicit invitation to sleep of Donghae's back then in the counter bar, but the latter was interesting and their kiss might have messed up his mind just a little. He glared at the folded clothes Donghae had handed him, cursing him under his breath and then began to change his outfit.

 

Donghae checked out on his sleeping sister a last time before he closed the door of her bedroom and went back to the living-room. The electronic clock of the oven in the kitchen flashed 3:38AM, and Donghae was just glad Yoona hadn't forced herself to stay awake just to see him. He yawned lowly as he let himself fall down on the couch, freshly dressed into his own pajamas. He turned the TV on and lowered the volume until he could barely hear it himself, despite the late hour and his wish to just fall asleep already. He felt too lazy to prepare the sofa-bed therefore he didn't move at all, staring absent-mindedly at the TV while waiting for Hyukjae to finally come out the bathroom.

When the boy did, wearing Donghae's clothes which were too big for him, Donghae glanced quickly at him before he turned the TV off. Hyukjae slumped down next to him and released an exhausted groan. At first, neither of them talked before Hyukjae yawned.

"We should sleep," Donghae finally said. "I have to prepare the sofa-bed."

 

"I can't believe I accepted to come here." Hyukjae mumbled as he let the other pick him up and settle him on a nearby chair. "And why do I feel so comfortable around you, hmm?"

 

"Because you already fell for me?" Donghae joked.

 

Hyukjae scrunched up his nose and crawled under the welcoming duvets after Donghae finished preparing the sofa-bed. "I hope not," He said as he closed his eyes. "That'd be awfully sad."

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Donghae gritted through his teeth as he laid down next to the other.

Hyukjae merely grinned playfully before he was already asleep. Donghae could hear his faint snoring as he stared at the ceiling, the other's warmth just next to him. He wanted to fall asleep as well, but too many thoughts were still invading his mind and didn't let him rest peacefully as he wished. He crossed his hands under his head and gazed at the boy sleeping at his right.

Another pang of guilt hit him painfully when Hyukjae released a small sigh in his sleep and cuddled against Donghae's arm, seeking for any kind of warmth.

Sorry...

 

 

 

The blinding rays of the sun forced Donghae to squeeze his eyes even tighter in an attempt to block the light. He released a soft annoyed groan, putting his forearm over his eyes. He was about to roll on his stomach and hide his face in his pillow, when an unfamiliar body which was certainly not Yoona's shifted next to him. He froze, suddenly wide awake. The alertness he had learned to develop during his past years in jail told him not to move and hold his breath. He didn't remember bringing someone home the prior night, and he was practically sure he wouldn't have done it, not with Yoona sleeping in the room next to the living-room. The stranger let out a contented sigh and snuggled up against Donghae's chest, finally finding the warmth he had been looking for the entire night. Donghae blinked in confusion and decided to finally glance at the person. It was Hyukjae, of course, still sleeping peacefully like he had been yesterday, except he was currently hugging Donghae in his sleep. The latter stared at him dumbfounded for few seconds, wondering why the hell this man was in his bed with him, when everything that had happened the prior night came back to him. The club, the booming music and all the customers dancing on the dance floor, the alcohol, the Mojito, the kiss, the strawberry milk, Choi Siwon... ; everything. He stayed still, gulping down an uneasy feeling forming in the pit of his stomach as he continued to stare at Hyukjae's serene face and closed eyes. One of his arm had been holding his waist the entire night without him knowing, probably to pull him against his body. The man seemed fragile and harmless in this position, his face buried into Donghae's shirt. He glanced at the electronic clock of the kitchen and released a relieved sigh when he noticed Yoona wasn't late for school yet. Carefully, he unwrapped Hyukjae's arm around his chest and slowly sat up in his bed. The other rolled on his other side with a whine, mumbling incoherently in his sleep before he was snoring lightly again. Donghae snorted, thinking Hyukjae was sort of cute, before he definitely got up and went to wash up a little. A quick glance into Yoona's room confirmed his previous thought since she was still asleep, and he silently opened the door to wake his sister up. After some grumbles and curses which he decided to ignore because he believed Yoona didn't really know what she was saying, he managed to make her go hide in the bathroom to prepare for school.

Donghae went to try preparing coffee in the kitchen, while Hyukjae remained asleep on the sofa-bed. As the former let out a triumphant chortle and that coffee finally poured in a cup, Sungmin shuffled out of his bedroom. He was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday, and his eyes were barely opened when he bumped against Donghae when entering the kitchen. He stole the cup of coffee out of Donghae's hands despite his unhappy grunt, and drank a first gulp with relief evident on his face.

"Okay," He said with a hoarse voice because of tiredness as he sat down at the other side of the table. "Why the hell are there some strange dudes in my bed and in the living-room, and why do my lower back hurt like ?"

 

"The guy in the living-room is Hyukjae. It's complicated, I'll explain later when they're not here. But I think you don't really need me to remember who the dude in your bed is, and why you have a sore back, do you?" Donghae said with a raised eyebrow.

 

Sungmin blinked before a sly smirk appeared on his face. "Hmmm... I believe I don't, actually." He snorted. "His name's Kyuhyun... He's great."

 

"Is that an overall constatation, or are you just talking about his prowesses in bed?"

 

"Both, I guess." Sungmin chuckled and took another sip of his hot drink while Donghae prepared something that looked like breakfast. "Where's Yoona?"

 

"In the bathroom," The other replied as he glanced at the close door. "She's in there for twenty minutes now, should I go see if everything's okay?"

 

"Oh no," Sungmin stopped him with a flick of the hand. "It's normal, she's a girl after all. Sometimes she even spends about forty minutes in there, I don't know what she finds to do to waste so much time."

 

Donghae nodded thoughtfully as he took a bite of a burned toast. Then, the bathroom door opened and Yoona came out, fully prepared to go to school. She was about to cheerfully greet her brother, when she spotted the unfamiliar man sleeping on the sofa-bed. Blinking innocently, she pointed a curious finger at the man with questioning eyes, but Donghae merely gestured her to let the man alone. Ignoring her brother's annoyed calls, she tip-toed to the stranger, scrutinizing his handsome features. A small pout appeared on her face when she noticed that the man's skin was flawless and fair. She raised her finger to poke his cheek with genuine curiosity, when Hyukjae suddenly opened his eyes. Yoona squealed in fear and took a step back, falling hurtfully on her .

Waking up all of a sudden, Hyukjae straightened up and sat up on the bed with confusion. Slight panic gained him as he watched his surroundings and recognized strictly nothing. A girl was staring at him with shock and surprise while he glanced at her and gulped. He didn't know her, who was she? Not a random girl he had brought home to , right? Right?! He yelled mentally as he was beginning to freak out.

"Hey, chill out, dude." A familiar voice called him.

 

He whipped around and stared at the barman of the prior man, while clenching the duvets around him. "D - Donghae?"

 

"Yep," The latter nodded with a small smirk. "It's just my sister. Who is going to be late for school, by the way. Come here, Yoona, and have breakfast, would you?"

 

The girl nodded shakily and got up, before she ran into her brother's arms. Donghae immediately wrapped his arms around her and pecked her cheek, before he ruffled her hair lightly. Yoona made a protesting noise, stating he was messing with her hair, before she glanced back at Hyukjae.

"Who is he, Oppa?" She whispered.

 

"A friend." Donghae shrugged. "Don't worry about that, just eat."

Yoona pouted slightly but didn't complained and sat down. She picked up a fork and stared at her plate.

 

"Be carefuly though," Sungmin piped up as she was frowning at a piece of burned toast. "I'm not sure that's even edible."

 

"Screw you, ." Donghae glared at the other, while Hyukjae struggled to get up.

 

As the young heir closed his eyes and tried to gather his thoughts, Sungmin's bedroom door opened and revealed a pissed-off looking Kyuhyun who practically dragged himself to the kitchen where he slumped down on a chair without saying anything. Sungmin handed him a mug of fuming coffee without a word.

Kyuhyun glanced at him thankfully, and then let out a long sigh. He rubbed his temples painfully, trying to soothe away the pain of his harsh hangover. He didn't remember anything of yesterday, except the bunny-like man who was sitting right next to him. A rush of lust coursed through his body as he exactly remembered Sungmin under him, screaming out his name in pleasure. But then, his headache increased and he groaned with pain, slumping down even more.

 

"Because the was good, I won't freak out as to why I just woke up in a stranger's house," He grumbled and drank a gulp. "Where's Hyukjae anyway?"

 

"Right here," The latter replied in a mumble, standing at the door frame. He let out a tired yawn and went in tiredly. "What time is it?"

 

Donghae looked at the electronic clock behind him. "It's eight o'clock in the morning right now." He replied.

 

"What?!" Hyukjae shouted out, horrified. "Eight o'clock already? Oh ! We're screwed. Kyuhyun, get your up and hurry, we're already late for the first meeting!"

 

"What first meeting?" Kyuhyun mumbled and Sungmin chuckled at him.

Donghae watched the young heir panicking in the middle of his - Sungmin's - kitchen. He was running around the room, looking for his clothes in the living-room, and then rushing to the bathroom as if life depended on it. The other merely took a gulp of coffee, glancing at his sister happily finishing what was actually edible in her plate, before Hyukjae was already out of the bathroom.

"Calm down, dude," He sighed. "I'll drive you. Your car still is at the club, so I'll just drive you to your working place or something, deal?"

 

Hyukjae stopped in his track, staring at Donghae with conflicted eyes. It wasn't as if he could be more late than he already was, but it made him uncomfortable to just wait for the other to finish his breakfast and finally drive him to the company offices ; for one, he felt as if he wasn't trying to be on time, and second he didn't like the fact Donghae was doing him too much favors.

Thankfully enough though, they all departed quickly. Hyukjae was glancing at his watch every seconds while Kyuhyun was only whistling comfortably. They first drove Yoona to her high school then Sungmin at the club, before Hyukjae gave the directions to get to Leesan Corporation. It was already eight o'clock and half, but hopefully their colleagues would have been waiting for them. The drive seemed to take like an eternity for Hyukjae who kept mumbling under his breath with nervousness. Donghae didn't utter a word, wondering whether he was going to meet Siwon or not. A part of him was apprehending it, but the other was disturbingly delighted. And he perfectly knew it wasn't because he would be happy to see him. As he turned at the crossroads, Kyuhyun wordlessly pointed a high building where the big logo Leesan Corp. was shining under the sunlight. Donghae slightly raised his eyebrows as he parked in front of the wide main entrance.

 

"This is where you guys work...?" He asked with slight disbelief. 

 

"Yes," Kyuhyun replied as he hurriedly opened the door with a last glance. "And we're late, so... Um... Thank you, and good bye. Hyukjae, I'll try to stop the negotiators from starting without us, but you really have to hurry your , okay?"

 

Before Hyukjae could reply, Kyuhyun was already running inside the building, almost colliding against Siwon and another lady. He quickly apologized with a deep bow and disappeared inside.

Donghae narrowed his eyes when he spotted Siwon at the entrance, staring straight at him. His hold on the steering wheel tightened as he gave him a dark glare. Another woman was standing next to him, looking obviously older although still charming and beautiful. She probably was ten years older than Siwon, and Donghae immediately understood that she was the latter's wife. His jaw clenched hurtfully as his glare darkened menacingly. For a short moment, he wondered if it was jealousy he was currently feeling as his sight landed on their hooked arms and on the woman's loving gaze on Siwon. He wondered if he was feeling betrayed only because of what Siwon stole him, or because the latter basically cheated on him. Too many thoughts were twirling in his head as he kept staring silently, almost forgetting Hyukaje's presence next to him.

The latter didn't dare budging, staying securely in that car as his eyes met his mother's. The latter didn't seem angry or disappointed ; she just stared, trying to figure out the whole situation. Of course, he thought bitterly, of course that bastard told her. From the corners of his eyes, he glanced at Donghae who wasn't moving, his mysterious dark orbs looking at the odd couple that were forming Hyukaje's mother and Choi Siwon. He interpreted the glint in those eyes as surprise, maybe shock, because that was exactly what Hyukjae had felt the first time he had seen them together. He liked to believe he wasn't the only one thinking his mother shouldn't have married someone like Choi Siwon.

But Hyukjae also knew that this wasn't his first priority ; his first priority was to take care of the meeting he should have started half a hour ago. He gulped nervously as he realized he still had to go fetch his folders and papers in his office. He hoped Kyuhyun had already took care of it, and without a word he took Donghae's hand and wrote his phone number on it. "Call me," He mumbled, before he was already out of the car, rushing toward his mother.

 

"Mother," He immediately apologized. "I'm so sorry I'm late, I -"

 

"Don't talk, son," She said while her face stayed emotionless. Next to her, Siwon shuffled uncomfortably. "The meeting had been pushed back to this afternoon anyway. Mr. Wong's flight to Seoul from Beijing had been canceled."

 

Hyukjae blinked, before he released a relieved sigh. "Oh God, I - I didn't know -" He stammered. "Okay, thank you Mother, I -"

 

"Although, I would like to know why you are so late anyway, Hyukjae." She said with what seemed like genuine curiosity and worry. "Is it because of this man, in the car? Siwon told me you two have a -... A special relationship...?"

 

Hyukjae turned around and realized Donghae's car was still there, and that the latter was watching them silently. "I -... I don't -"

 

"I would like to meet him." She declared as a small reassuring smile appeared on her face, before she turned toward Siwon. "What do you think, Darling?"

 

The latter didn't reply, too busy staring at Donghae who was nonchalantly watching them talking from the car. "I don't know," He finally replied. "I don't think he's a good influence on Hyukjae."

 

"The hell?" Hyukjae furiously snapped, ignoring his mother's disapproving glare. "Whether he is a good influence on me or not, it's not your business at all. I can date whoever the hell I want!"

 

"Hyukjae, I -..."

 

"Fine. Fine, let's eat breakfast all together, if it's the case. Wait here, I'm going to tell him." Without waiting for a reply, he stomped toward the car with obvious anger. He couldn't believe Siwon was also trying to meddle in his love life with Donghae, despite the fact the two of them were actually nothing at all. Nonetheless, he found it utterly annoying and all he wanted right now was to punch the hell out of him. Instead, he leaned over the window of the car after Donghae rolled it down. The latter raised a questioning eyebrow at him and Hyukjae only grimaced. He slightly wondered why the barman still hadn't drove away just after Hyukjae had left the car, but the intensity of Siwon's and his mother's gaze on them put an end to his questions.

 

"My mother and Siwon want to meet you. As my boyfriend." He added afterwards. "Can you come? Or are you busy?"

Hyukjae didn't know if he wanted Donghae to refuse, or to actually stay and play along. He half wished for the other to accept acting as his boyfriend for a little longer, because he knew Donghae would be perfect at annoying Siwon while feigning being his lover. He didn't know why, but he just got the feeling Donghae wouldn't face any difficulties at it. But on the other hand, he also hoped that he would say no and say that he had a lot of work at the club or something. Hyukjae was a little bit scared that things might turn out worse and more complicated than they already kind of were. He wasn't expecting this morning to be so hard at such hour ; first, he had woke up into an unfamiliar flat, before he had realized he was late for an important meeting - which had been reported at the last minute -, and now he had to present his fake boyfriend whom he had met the very prior night in a club, just to get back at his step-father. His brain and his body still were too tired to react properly, so he decided to let Donghae chose between his two options. He straightened up a little because his back hurt slightly, but kept looking at Donghae in the eyes.

The latter surely hadn't expected his morning to turn out this way. He even wondered why he wasn't already heading to the club, and he was pretty sure he was already horribly late although it was still early. He was feeling conflicted, torn between the terrified look Siwon had shot him as soon as he had realized it was Donghae who had drove Hyukjae, and the pleading look the latter was giving him ; was it for asking him to accept or to refuse, he didn't know. He also didn't know if this was a good idea to follow them inside the building and act as if he was Hyukjae's boyfriend. When he had left the prison, which was merely two days ago, he had wanted to live a peaceful life with his sister and Sungmin, hopefully find a sweet and caring boyfriend and never think about the past again. But things got harder as soon as he had met Siwon again. Of course it's still because of Siwon, he thought bitterly as their eyes met briefly. He wanted to refuse, at first, and something told him that it might have been the most wise choice ; maybe he would have been able to build up a new life, away from any kind of problems. Because that was what Siwon represented to him ; problems, sorrow and anger. He couldn't stand him at all, not anymore. Despite the fact they were so in love in the past, now nothing remained in his heart except hatred. He hated him so much that as he kept silent, thinking about his options, the mere fact of thinking he could give up and just go away from him seemed suddenly stupid and cowardly. There were absolutely no ways he would let this opportunity slip through his hands ; he was going to do everything in his power to pull Siwon down the ladder he had climbed up thanks to him.

Choi Siwon was at the very top now, and this was even better for him. Hyukjae had told him that in addition of trying to steal his late father's company, he was now well-known in the industry and that loads of influent people appreciated him. To put it in simple words, he was where he had always wanted to be : at the very top of the social ladder, and he was even trying to get higher. Donghae knew this would be even more hurtful to fall down when you were so high. Therefore he was going to bring this filthy piece of at the bottom of the bottom with him, and never spare him a moment of rest. After all, wasn't it what he had decided the prior night? Wasn't it why he had decided to keep Hyukjae close to him? A harsh pang of guilt hit him again, and he stared straight into the latter's single-lidded eyes.

Hyukjae watched Donghae deliberating silently about what he should do, until they gaze met unexpectedly. The young heir blinked with confusion, suddenly feeling vulnerable and exposed under the other's strong and intense look. Against his will, he felt his cheeks heat up a little, turning into a light shade of pink as he cleared his throat embarrassingly and looked away. Donghae simply smirked, before he shut off the ignition after he rolled up the window and Hyukjae had to step back, then got out of the car without a word. He follow the barman's moves with his eyes, unconsciously admiring the obvious muscles under the latter's sleeves until he was standing next to him. Donghae shot him a small amused look and Hyukjae glared at him, before they walked to Siwon and Mrs. Lee in an awkward silence. At least, it was awkward for Hyukjae, because he had never suspected he would one day ask a random guy he barely knew to act as his boyfriend. In a way, he still found this situation exciting, and he couldn't deny how attractive Donghae was. He probably was more manlier than Hyukjae would ever be, despite he was a flaming gay - the kiss they had shared the last night was an undeniable proof.

"Sorry about all this," He mumbled finally as they were getting closer. "Just... Act yourself."

 

Donghae shot him a sideways glance. "You sure about that? Because my past isn't all flowers and rainbows. In fact, it's the complete opposite."

 

Hyukjae let out a heavy sigh as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm doing this to annoy my step-father, so let's do it without holding ourselves back, shall we?"

 

"Okay," Donghae gave him a small grin, and Hyukjae decided to forcefully ignore the way his stomach fluttered. "I guess this will be fun."

Instead, he made a face and hit an innocent stone on the ground, and they eventually reached Mrs. Lee and her way-too-young husband. The latter immediately avoided Donghae's eyes, preferring looking at his wife. Hyukjae assumed it was because he felt embarrassed to meet someone who had so shamelessly made-out with another guy in the middle of the club, and he faintly heard Donghae snort. He authorized himself to smirk discreetly, before they stopped in front of the married couple.

Mrs. Lee scrutinizing gaze landed on Donghae, staring at him almost rudely without a word, until the latter spoke up,

 

"Good morning, Mrs. Lee," He said with a charming smile. "It's nice to meet you, Hyukaje told me a lot about you."

 

The latter had to restrain himself from laughing ; it was indeed kind of true, but the whole situation was becoming hilarious - or was it only because he was nervous? Either ways, Mrs. Lee gave him a polite smile in return, stating she was glad to meet her son's boyfriend as well. After Hyukjae had properly introduced them to each other, his mother lead the way inside, and he guessed they were heading to a private room reserved for the family in the building's restaurant. Siwon glanced at them worriedly before he hurried himself to walk next to his wife.

As they went through the lobby, Kyuhyun came out of the elevator looking exhausted as tons of folders were falling out of his hands. He opened his mouth when he saw Hyukjae, but then noticed Donghae next to him. He frowned instead, giving to his best friend a questioning look. Later, Hyukjae mouthed. When he turned around to look in front of him, he realized Donghae had been watching him the whole time, still with those mysterious and intense eyes. Another embarrassing blush appeared on his face and he ducked his head down in an attempt to hide it.

 

"I'm sorry if I'm rude," He heard him softly say so his mother and Siwon who were walking in front of them wouldn't hear. "But they are completely disgusting."

 

"I know," Hyukjae replied. "I don't even have the heart to yell at you since you partly insulted my mother, because this is so true."

 

"I wonder if we are in a better case though," Donghae laughed humorlessly. "I mean, we're apparently two gay guys who only met up yesterday, and now I'm supposed to be your long-time boyfriend. By the way, if they ever ask I'm on top."

 

"What?" Hyukjae raised his eyebrows in confusion at first, until the meaning of Donghae's lopsided smirk hit him. "What?" He repeated a little bit too loudly. "I'm not bottoming!"

 

Donghae opened his mouth to give out a snarky comment, but then they realized they had reached their destination. They came in a rather wide private room, enough for about ten persons to fit in, with a wide window on the farthest wall which opened to a small, charming Japanese garden. The light color of the walls, in addition of the sophisticated furniture, gave the feeling of upper-class. Immediately, Donghae knew it wasn't his world. Although he would have liked to grasp this opportunity few years ago, all he wanted at this precise moment was to go back to the club, while driving the rusty car Sungmin had nicely let him borrow. He scrunched up his nose but sat down next to Hyukjae nonetheless, still wordlessly. A waitress came in, wearing a strict uniform composed of a black skirt and a white shirt while her hair were styled into a tight bun, and took the orders with a polite smile. Since Donghae wasn't used to this place at all, he let Hyukjae chose for him despite the fact he wasn't sure of what he would have to eat later on. He only let his eyes wander around the room, ignoring Hyukjae's mother and Siwon who were making their own orders. He drifted his sight on Hyukjae sitting next to him, the latter nibbling on his lower lip nervously. He found himself staring unconsciously, recalling the sweet taste those same lips had the prior night. A part of him suddenly wanted to leaned forward, grab Hyukjae's chin and run a finger along his sharp jaw line, before they would kiss hungrily once again. It almost felt as if he craved for it to happen, although they basically still didn't know each other. But it had been seven years Donghae didn't have any proper -session - not to say none, because he still had enough pride not to go ing around in jail. He believed in was only his frustrated hormones talking when a rush of blood ran to his lower parts as Hyukjae's eyes met his. Well it's not as if I would refuse having with him...

As his mind continued to wander carelessly, he felt Hyukjae visibly tense next to him. He threw him a questioning glance, before Mrs. Lee spoke up,

"So, Donghae-ssi... I heard you and my son are -... Are in a special relationship?" She said calmly. "Is it true, then?"

 

Donghae didn't reply at first, wondering how he should reply to this kind of straight-forward questions. He had never any of his past lovers' parents, since they weren't serious relationships, and Siwon's parents had died before he had met him. "Yes," He lied easily though. "Yes, it's true."

 

"I see..." She nodded her head thoughtfully. Her face still didn't show any signs of disgust, disappointment or whatsoever. She seemed to be only genuinely curious, but Hyukjae knew better ; as Donghae continued talking, she was making her own impression of the man, trying to gather all the information she could get on the way. Mrs. Lee was a smart woman, everybody knew it ; she was just too naive in love, especially with Siwon. "How did you two meet?" She continued.

 

"At his work!" Hyukjae was quick to answer, seeing that Donghae was taking too much time to think about a credible answer. "It's - I -... I met him something like... Three weeks ago...? And - And one week later we decided to -... I mean -"

 

"We decided to give it a try," Donghae concluded. "To see how things would evolve between the both of us."

 

"Oh, pleasant..." Mrs. Lee said, as Siwon remained quiet, avoiding Donghae's eyes every time the later would send a glare at him. "You seem like a good man, Donghae-ssi, although I'm not quite sure if I'm pleased that my son decided to date a man. I guess I'll have to be open-minded, is that right? But tell me more about yourself."

 

At this, Hyukjae lifted his head and looked at Donghae curiously, because he didn't know anything about the latter as well, although his mother didn't need to know about that. The barman stayed silent at first, envisaging his options as him and Mrs. Lee looked at each other, as if judging whether the other was worth it or not. Siwon, on his part, took a nervous gulp of wine, shifting uncomfortably on his chair as he could feel Donghae's hostility toward him. He glanced at him, and immediately regretted it, because suddenly Donghae was talking, but he wasn't looking at Mrs. Lee or at Hyukjae ; he was glaring, a look full of hatred and contempt, at Siwon, as if to prove the point that everything was the latter's fault.

"Well, I was born in Mokpo," He began to talk as picked up his glass of wine. "I have a younger sister, named Yoona. She's almost 18, now. Our parents died in a car accident years ago. It was stupid, they were driving on the highway and a drunk driver hit them with a truck. I did my best to raise my sister and earn a scholarship to move to Seoul ; I've majored in Literature and Philosophy. I was quite good, honestly, without trying to be arrogant or anything. I always had good grades. I even had a boyfriend back then, and I loved him so much." His voice seemed to become lower and lower, as an almost inaudible tone made Hyukjae shivered slightly. But Mrs. Lee seemed to be pleased by what Donghae was saying, not grasping the way his attitude was becoming more and more hostile, looking at the younger man with gentle eyes until he talked again. "And then, during my second year at the university, I was arrested for murder."

 

At those words, Mrs. Lee suddenly lost all of its colors while Siwon was shaking with nervousness, clenching his hands together under the table so tightly he began to blood. Hyukjae stared at the other, stunned and speechless. Donghae merely remained calm and expressionless. It seemed like nobody was breathing anymore, trying to register what Donghae had just confessed so nonchalantly, as if only talking about the weather. No one moved or talked, only staring at him, horrified expressions painted on their shocked face.

Hyukjae almost felt his soul leave his body. He widened his eyes, scrutinizing the other's features, trying to detect any signs of lies. But Donghae's eyes seemed so honest it almost hurt, as he saw so much pain and sorrow in those dark, mysterious brown orbs. An uncomfortable sensation gained him as he gulped down hardly.

Murder...?


OH MY GOD. FINALLY DONE. HUGE MENTAL BREAKDOWN.

COMMENTS. NOW. PLEASE.

 

I feel like this chapter was incredibly boring ._. Sorry, I promise things will get more interesting in next chapter. If I ever have the energy to write it.

 

Thank you for reading, as always ~ Comments, subcribe, upvote? <3 ^^