Chapter 13: Confusion

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 13

 

As the weekend approaches, SungYoon noticed how close L and YeoRum were becoming and she was happy for her brother. It was the first time he showed interest for someone in years. The last girl he wooed was about 150 years ago by the name of Nina, Nina Belikov. When she found out what he really was, she turned away, scared for her life and they had no choice but to make her forget. It saddened L but it was the reality he had to face.

 

SungYoon was sitting in her homeroom class, flipping through her books that she didn’t really mind at all. Sunggyu wasn’t in school yet but it wasn’t like she was looking for him. Though, it is pretty hard for her to stay away from him.

 

“Hey SungYoon~” Ricky’s cheerful voice said, as he sat down the empty seat beside her. “I… um, I felt something a few days ago.” He said. “I’m sorry I should have told you earlier but L.Joe was busy sending me on errands.” He said apologetically. “You are okay, right?” he asked, touching her arm. SungYoon nodded with a smile. Ricky smiled in return, “I’m glad you are. I’ll talk to you later at lunch, L.Joe and I have been making progress.” He told her then stood up and went to his own classroom.

 

SungYoon nodded with a smile then glanced at Hoya who heard their conversation. “What progress was he talking about?” he asked her curiously.

 

“I will tell you later.” SungYoon replied and was surprised when someone sat down next to her. She thought it was Sunggyu but it was Chunji. “Hello ChanHee.” She greeted him with a smile on her tone.

 

Chunji pouted which she thought was adorable. “Noona, I told you to call me Chunji right?” he said then smiled. “We’re friends now, so you don’t need to be formal with me.” He said, then looked for something in his bag. “Where is that thing?” he thought, almost about to shake contents of his bag to the floor. “AH! Here it is.” He said, taking out a lunch box. He looked at her then inched closer, “I know you don’t have to but, I made lunch specially for you.” He said, his eyes smiling.

 

She took the lunch box from him and smiled back, “Thank you Chan—Chunji. It is very thoughtful of you. I greatly appreciate it.” She told him. “Does L.Joe and Ricky know about this?” she asked, lifting the lunch box a bit. Chunji waved his head and signaled for SungYoon to be quiet about it. “Ah, okay. It will be our little secret then.” She said with a smile.

 

Chunji returned the smile. He knew what she was and he knew what she could do. But he could also see that she was good. If he didn’t know what she really was, and found out that she’s a vampire then he would never believe it. She had too much human-like qualities, not like L.Joe and Ricky. He liked looking at her, her beauty is breathtaking and timeless.

 

Sunggyu just entered the room and saw Chunji talking with SungYoon animatedly. He also spotted the lunch box that was on her table. He sighed as he walked closer to his desk. “Noona…” Chunji started. Noona? But they were in the same year and class. “You know, when you’re near, I can smell the scent of the ocean where I used to play when I was young.” He told her in an excited tone.

 

“Thank you, Chunji.” She told him. “It has been fun talking to you but I think Sunggyu would like to be seated now.” She said, glancing up at Sunggyu who gave her a weak smile back. “Am I right, Sunggyu?” she asked then turned to him fully. Sunggyu just nodded in reply. “We can talk again later at lunch.” She told Chunji.

 

Chunji just nodded and waved his goodbye to her and sat down to his assigned seat beside Hoya. He glanced back at SungYoon and smiled at her again. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and sat down in his chair, setting his bag down and laying his head on the desk. He didn’t even have to ask, he knew the lunch box was from Chunji.

 

Just a few days ago, he was singing to her in the music room and now he wasn’t speaking to her. Because of what? Jealousy? He didn’t understand any of it. Her closeness to Hoya, her friendship with L.Joe, Ricky and Chunji, and their relationship. Sometimes, they seem so close, like he actually knows her but most of the time, he doesn’t really know.

 

Throughout the day, he couldn’t take off his mind what Chunji told SungYoon. “You know, when you’re near, I can smell the scent of the ocean where I used to play when I was young.” But, every time they had to sit together, he could strongly smell strawberries and cinnamon. How is it that he smells differently from what Chunji can smell?

 

In their English class, their teacher had chosen to give them a lecture. SungYoon sat with Hoya and they were talking in hushed tones. L was sitting beside YeoRum and the two were passing notes to each other. After class, the four of them went off to the cafeteria.

 

Sunggyu sat down with his friends with a gloomy expression. SungYeol suddenly smiled, “Are you and SungYoon not speaking to each other again?” he asked. Sunggyu replied with a glare. “Ah, you are not on speaking terms.” He said, crossing his arms. “What did you do again?” he said.

 

“I didn’t do anything!” Sunggyu replied, almost shouting, attracting the attention of the tables near them. He glanced over at their table, they were joined by YeoRum, L.Joe, Ricky and Chunji. He looked at SungYoon and found her talking again with Chunji and she laughed. He heaved a sigh, “Know what, I just don’t care anymore.” He said then noticed that SungJong and DongWoo weren’t there. “Where’s your brother? And DongWoo?” he asked.

 

SungYeol shrugged, “DongWoo’s dad said he’s coming down with a fever and he can’t come to school for a few days.” He said, rubbing his stomach. “SungJong’s busy with theatre stuff.” He said. “I think they’re gonna come up with a play for the school’s anniversary.” He explained. “Come on! Let’s get food I’m starving.” He said, pulling Sunggyu up.

 

As they were walking towards the lunch ladies, the two of them passed by their table. “Hey!” Hoya called out to Sunggyu. He wanted to ignore them but SungYeol pulled him to a halt. “We’re going to the carnival this Saturday, but L.Joe, Ricky and Chunji can’t come, do you guys want to join us?”

 

Sunggyu was about to decline when SungYeol spoke up. “We’d be glad to! Right Sunggyu?” he asked turning to his friend who was giving him a glare. “Oh, can I bring my brother along? And DongWoo if he’s feeling better?” he asked.

 

“Sure! The more the merrier!” Hoya replied and the others nodded in agreement. “It’s settled then. We can all meet up in front of our house.” He said, glancing at everyone.

 

“I thought I told you I don’t care anymore.” Sunggyu snarled at SungYeol as they lined up for food.

“Well, you can stop caring while we’re in carnival, having fun with friends.” SungYeol replied.


yes, I updated again. <3 because like I said from the previous chapter, I will be away for about 2 days. I'm sorry guys >.< but after this, it's gonna be more exciting chapters. CAP, Niel and Chanjo are appearing real soon. 8DDD hohohoho~ 

be back in a few days~ <3 please leave comments of love and support. LOL. XD