Chapter 10: Something Odd

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 10

 

Sunggyu found himself staring at SungYoon as they watched Pride and Prejudice in his living room. He was thankful that his mom and dad went out for the day or he would not hear the end of it. He couldn’t help but look at SungYoon who just watched the movie, getting popcorn out of the bowl between them.

 

She looked so much healthier for him. There was a slight pink tone on her cheeks and there was a lingering strawberry and cinnamon scent around her that got him so intoxicated. “You know,” he started to which SungYoon turned to her. “You smell strongly of Strawberries and Cinnamon.” He said with a smile. “Two of my favorite things.”

 

“Thank you.” She replied curtly then directed her gaze back to the screen.

 

Sunggyu heaved a breath then turned his gaze to the screen as well. He reached out for some popcorn when his hand suddenly bumped into hers. She immediately pulled back and glanced at him. “Your hand’s so cold.” He said. “Are you sick or something?” he asked her.

 

SungYoon waved her head and smiled. “I am fine Sunggyu.” She replied simply then gazed into his eyes. “Forget about my hands being cold.” She said, trying to compel him to forget. But for some reason, it was not working. She broke the gaze and furrowed her eyebrows. Why can’t she compel him?

 

After the movie, Sunggyu looked at her. “Are you hungry?” He asked her. “Wanna help me make a sandwich?” he asked. SungYoon smiled and nodded then they headed to the kitchen. “I’m a really excellent cook you know.” He told her, taking lettuce, bread, mayonnaise, ham, cheese and a tomato from the fridge then laid them all out on the kitchen counter while SungYoon sat across Sunggyu.

 

He started putting things together starting with the bread and putting mayo, cheese, ham and lettuce on top. He then pulled out a knife and picked up the tomato and started slicing it. “See? I have a future in the kitchen.” He said proudly glancing at SungYoon who smiled in return. And as he made the next slice, he accidentally pierced his finger. “.” He called out.

 

“Wha—“ SungYoon started, then the metallic scent filled her. Blood. And she’d had plenty last night but that was the bad thing. Her instincts were kicking in and she couldn’t help it. She wanted a taste. Unconsciously her lips were opening and her fangs clicked. She knew her eyes were slowly turning to a crimson color. She closed her eyes shut fully turning away from him, wanting the bloodlust to go away. She could hear Sunggyu talking, ensuring her that he was okay. She then heard the doorbell ringing. “Let me open that for you.” She said, having a feeling of who it is.

 

She walked briskly to the door and opened it. Howon was there, feeling impatient. “Stephanie!” he said in an alarmed tone. She looked up at him and he was surprised to see her eyes a bright red, it been decades since he last saw her eyes a bright red color. “Your eyes.” He whispered to her then looked at Sunggyu who appeared behind her. “Stephanie isn’t feeling well so I’m going to take her home.” He said, grabbing SungYoon and walked to the street.

 

He suddenly felt sad then looked at his feet. He didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye. And he was meaning to ask her out for some ice cream. He sighed and returned inside to eat his sandwich. He picked up his phone and dialed SungYeol’s number. “Hey, where are you guys? At your house? Okay, I’m coming over.” He said then hanged up.

 

In a matter of minutes, he was at SungYeol’s house. SungJong and DongWoo were sitting on the floor laughing at the show they were watching. “I thought you’re gonna be busy studying with SungYoon?” SungYeol asked as he sat down with the others.

 

Sunggyu sighed as he sat down on a spot beside DongWoo. “I was. But she wasn’t feeling well.” He told them. “Her hands were ice cold and when I was making a sandwich, she turned her back for like a few seconds then, after a minute Hoya was at our front door taking her home.” He told them. SungJong gave him a weird look. “It’s just… weird. How did he find out so fast?” he explained.

 

“Maybe she texted him or something?” DongWoo suggested without taking his eyes away from the television.

 

“Maybe.” Sunggyu replied, but he didn’t see her taking out a phone the whole time she was there. But maybe DongWoo was right, maybe he wasn’t either. He just brushed it off and watched with the rest of his friends.

 

After watching, DongWoo and SungJong played on the PS3 as SungYeol dragged Sunggyu to the kitchen. “Sunggyu…” SungYeol started as he took a bottle of juice out of the fridge. “I… I actually found something odd about SungYoon too.” He said then stared at the glasses he took out. He looked at Sunggyu who now had a confused expression on his face. “Remember last night when I came over? Well, SungYoon came out of the house with L.Joe beside her, standing outside their front porch. They looked at each other and nodded then… then all of a sudden…” he said “I know it’s impossible but they… disappeared.” He said.

 

“What do you mean by disappear SungYeol?” Sunggyu asked.

 

SungYeol’s eyebrows were furrowing. “Like, they were standing there one second and as soon as I blinked, they were gone.” He said.

 

“But…” Sunggyu started. “That… doesn’t make sense SungYeol.”