The Midnight Snack

Everything started with a Midnight snack

I was laying in my bed reading a book. Soon I put it aside, unable to concentrated on what I was reading. My mind was just a mess. I couldn't stop thinking about how my life was going recently, my job, the problems at my apartment, etc. My recent break up wasn't helping my mood.

Suddenly I hear a knock at my door. I look down my watch; it was almost midnight. Who could it be at this hour? I walk to my door and without looking who it was I just open it to a smiling Yoochun carrying two big plastic bags.

"Hello, beautiful!"

"Yoochun...?"

"You always call me Yoochun when you're serious or in a bad mood..." he says, frowning.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, surprised.

Without waiting for an invitation he walks into my apartment.

"I came with munitions for our movie party!"

"Our 'movie party'?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and closing the door.

He points out the bags in his arms. "We have snacks, candy, chocolate, ramyun, soju and..." he search in his bag and pull out 3 DVD's "...the trilogy of the Lord of the Rings."

"Extended version?"

"Extended version!!!"

I laugh. "And what is the special occasion?

He put the bags on my coffee table and looks at me sadly.

I let out a long sigh, losing my smile. "Who told you?"

"I have magic powers..."

"Who?" I ask again.

"Errr..." he grins "Eunhyuk told Junsu who accidentally told me."

"Great!" I said, annoyed. "Now everyone knows I'm single!"

"Not everyone... just all SM!"

I raise my eyes to the sky.

"I would have known it sooner or later wouldn't I? It's not like you keep any secrets from me!"

I smirk. "Keep telling yourself that."

"Yah! And how come Eunhyuk knew it before I did?"

"Jealous much?" I smile. "He was there when I was dumped."

"Huh?"

"That guy sent me a text."

"He broke up by text?! What an..."

"Forget it!" I said, cutting him of. "What's done is done."

"Well anyway, it's a good thing that I discovered it so I could prepare an 'after break up girls night'!"

"After break up? What happened to our "movie party"?"

He walks toward me an puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I know that you don't have many girl friends here in Seoul. So I assumed that you needed it. So I'm here for some girls talk!!!!"

It was impossible for me to stay mad at his cuteness. I let out a laugh. "Micky, since when are you a girl?!"

He smiles wildly.

" You called me Micky... I guess you're feeling better... Well for tonight call me Yoochun euni!!!!"

"Well euni..." I said trying to breath trough my laugh. "... girls night, it's usually with a pot of ice-cream watching The Notebook or a romantic comedy!"

"I don't like doing the usual stuffs! I know you prefer chocolate over ice-cream and I figure that you needed some bloody scenes rather than a romantic story ridiculously tragic!"

I pull him in to a hug, burying my face in his chest.

"You know me too well... It's perfect"

"I'm not letting you be depressed tonight!" he said, gently caressing my hair.

"Thank you very much, Micky!"

"You're welcome very much, beautiful!" He pulls out of our embrace. "Well if you don't mind, I'm going to cook the ramyun, because I'm starving!"

He goes to my kitchen, starting to cook. He was so used to coming here that he behaved like it was his apartment. I sit down by my bar, opening a bottle of soju and watching him prepare our meal.

"You know it's almost midnight?" I point out.

"Yeah, so? Midnight snacks are the best!"

"Depends on who you're having it with..." I tease.

He sticks out his tongue to me playfully.

"So, tell me... What happened?" he asks after a few minutes.

"The usual stuff..." I sigh "... I wasn't giving him attention and he thought my feelings for him weren't strong enough... It's like they can't stand that a woman can have a busy schedule too!"

"I'm sure it's not like that... Anyway, I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I guess he was right. I'm too busy with my work to be in a relationship right now."

He stopped to look into my eyes.

"Is that all?" he asks.

"I'm starting to think that you really have magic powers" I smile.

"Tell me."

"What if it's not because of my work? What if it's me who's dysfunctional? He is like my third boyfriend in 1 year and I can't seem to be able to stay a relationship!"

Slowly he puts his hand on mine and gives me a warm smile.

"It's not you. They are the 'pabos' who can't appreciate the chance they have to be with you!"

My heart skips a beat and I feel my cheeks turning red.

The first time I saw Park Yoochun, during a rehearsal for a show, I thought that he was intriguing.  He wasn't the most beautiful of the five boys, nor the best singer, nor the best dancer, but he had such a strong charisma that I couldn't take my eyes off him. At first he was timid, but as the time goes by, we became closer and before I knew it, he was one of my best friends. I never had the time to stop to think about the nature of our relationship. It just turned out that way and neither of us did anything to try to change that. Lately though, some strange things had happened... Every time that he smiled my heart was jumping in my chest, when he touched me I sometimes stopped breathing, and being with him was so comfortable... but I was too stubborn. I would never give in to these feelings whatever they were!

The meal was ready at last and we sat in the couch to watch "The Fellowship of the Ring", eating ramen. As time passes by, I get comfortable laying down, my head in Yoochun's lap. We put on the second movie while he caresses my hair absentmindedly, all thoughts of my break up gone in the warmth of his body. Soon, I find myself falling asleep, something that never happens to me while watching the Lord of the Rings!!!

 Fighting the tiredness, I whisper to Yoochun. "Micky?"

"Hum?" he replies with a small voice.

"Don't you have to go back to the dorms? You have schedules tomorrow..."

"Hummmm..." he moans. "I'll just sleep on your couch!"

"You can't!" I stand up, gently shaking him. "Yuhno oppa will be mad if you stay out all night! Not to mention Jaejoong oppa..."

He pulls me near him, making me fall into his arms. He hugs me like I'm his personal teddy bear. "He won't be!"

"Anyway, you can't stay here!" I said, having trouble breathing while his scent intoxicated me.

"Why not?" he asks. "It's not like we've never slept together!"

I suddenly jump far away from him. "Yoochun!!!!"

"What?! It's true!"

"Don't say things like that! It could be misunderstood."

"By who? There's only you and me here?"

My face was burning from embarrassment. I kept my eyes down on my hands as I feel him getting closer.

"Why are you reacting like this?" he asks.

I don't answer and he lifts my head up. His face was two itches from mine. I could feel his warm breath on my cheeks. Something is burning into his eyes but I can't tell exactly what. Or I am too scared to know what it is. In slow motion, he leans his head to kiss me. All I can do is close my eyes, waiting to feel his lips on mine. What is going on? I was going to kiss my best friend! Before he can do anything, I push him, leaving my hands on his shoulder to keep him far away.

"____, what's wrong?" he asks surprise.

"You... should... really... go home!" I said, out of breath.

I keep my head down, not having the courage to face him right now.

"Fine." he says, getting up.

He puts his coat on and I follow him to the door. Before he goes out, he leans to kiss my forehead.  "Sleep tight, ____."

Then he was gone. I close the door and lean on it tryingto put myself together. My skin is burning from where he kissed me. I let myself slide down the door sitting on the floor. Damn... I was totally in love with Park Yoochun!

 

A few weeks later Eunhyuk invites me to dinner with the other boys at the Super Junior dorm. Since the incident, I haven't talked to Micky or any of the DBSK boys because I was too busy with work. It was my day off so I decided to accept the invitation. Arriving at the dorm, I didn't knock knowing the pass code and enter the dorm.

"Anyone home?!" I yelled from the lobby.

Two little dogs came running to me while one of their masters ran after them.

"It's ____!!!!" he yells jumping to hug me.

"I'm happy to see you too, Hyukkie!" I say patting his back. "But... can you please let me breath again?"

"Oh sorry!" he says, stepping back.

Once free from his arms, I turn my attention to the two cute dogs who are waving their tails at me. "Helloooooo my babys!!!! I kiss the brown one. "You two missed mommy, right?! Yeah, I love you too!!!" I said to the other one, who was my hand and demanding attention.

"It's like she loves them more than us!" a blond guy says, coming to greet me.

"Don't worry. I love you as much, my Bunny!" I say, kissing him on the cheek.

He grins. "Don't call me that..."

"Sorry can't help it!" I smile.

"Kkoming! Oh, hey ___!" a red haired guy says.

"Hey, Yesung!"

"Why aren't you coming in?" he asks.

"Right."

I  get out of my shoes, pick up Choco and go to the living room followed by the three boys. The first thing I see is Kyuhyun and Shindong sitting on the floor and playing video games.

"Hello, noona!" Kyuhyun greets me without taking his eyes from the tv.

"Annyoung!" Shindongs says.

"Evening, boys! What are you playing?"

"Special mission in Call of Duty, " Kyuhyun answers.

"Really?! Is it the last one?" I say, suddenly interested.

"Oh no! Now she's going to play all night with Kyuhyun and won't even care about us!" says a boy coming out of Eunhyuk's room.

"Ohhhh poor Fishy!" I hug Donghae, being careful with Choco who's still in my arms.

"Is everyone here?" I ask.

"I'm here!!!" someone yells from the kitchen.

I follow the voice to find Ryeowook cooking. He happily kisses me before turning his attention to the meal again.

"Smells good! What are we eating?"

"You'll see! Now shoo; go wait in the leaving room!" he says, pushing me out of the kitchen.

Seeing me coming back, Yesung smiles at me.

"You know how he loves having the kitchen  for himself, when he cooks!"

"I know..." I hug Choco one more time before putting her down. "Is everyone coming to dinner?"

"Kangin hyung and Siwon can't make it and Leeteuk hyung should be down here in minutes, he's showering," Sungmin tells me.

I turn to Shindong. "And you! Why aren't you with Nari?!"

"She's out with her friends tonight."

"And she didn't invite me?!" I tease.

"I told her you were ours tonight!" he smiles.

I laugh. Eunhyuk takes my arm, hugging me again. "Yep! Tonight you are only mine!"

DongHae takes my other arm and hugs it too. "He said ours!"

"Fighting again to know who's going to have ____?" a voice says, entering the room.

"Leader!!!!" I run from the boys to hug Leeteuk.

He winks at the two younger guys. "What can I say? Leader's charm always win!"

Everyone laughs. I go sit down on the couch as the others sit down around me.

"Come on!" I pout "I wanna play too! Give me a joystik!"

Shindong complies to my request, giving me his.

Kyuhyun smirks at me. "Are you ready to see who's the World's Master?!"

"Shut up and play, Gamekyu!"

"This is going to be interesting...!" Sungmin smiles.

When I win the first round I jump to my feet, dancing and singing my victory. "Isn't she bad ? Isn't she wonderful? Isn't she stunning? Isn't she the Queen of all?" I sing happily.

"Did you seriously just make a song for yourself?" Eunhyuk asks, laughing.

"Yah! That's my song!" Kyuhyun complains.

"Is it? I thought it was Stevie Wonder's. Sorry, my little maknae, but I totally rock at this game!"

"Talk less and play more, noona. I'm getting my revenge!" he smirks.

 We play for half an hour before Ryeowook calls us to eat. By then all the boys where sitting around the table, starving.

"How come you won all the games ____?" Donghae asks while putting a full spoon of rice in his mouth.

"I'm maybe not the World's Master but I'm Call of Duty's Master!" I smile.

"Yeah, yeah.... I want to see you win against me in Starcraft!" Kyuhyun says sulking.

"I certainly be destroyed in a matter of seconds!" I laugh, making the boy smile proudly. "So... What's up, boys? Tell me everything!"

They start telling me about their upcoming work and what happened those few weeks where I didn't see them. After dessert they all gather around the tv to watch a movie. Before I can join them, Eunhyuk whispers into my ear. "Want to talk a bit? Just you and I?"

"Sure."

I wish goodnight to the others, following Eunhyuk to his room. I sit down on his bed, letting out a yawn.

"You tired?" he asks sitting next to me.

"A bit. I haven't been sleeping well these past few days."

"Does that have something to do with Yoochun?"

"What?" I jump surprised. "Why would it have anything to do with Micky?"

"Maybe because you haven't talked to him for a whole month, when you used to speak with him almost every week."

I open my mouth to try to deny it but I can't bring myself to do it. He is right. I used to talk often to Yoochun. But it was already a month?

"So?" he asks impatiently.

"What do you want me to say? I didn't have time!"

"Or, you are avoiding him!"

"Ok. Get to the point! What exactly did Junsu tell you?"

"He didn't say anything..."

"Then..."

"Jaejoong hyung told me!" he interrupts me "He said that it's been a month since he heard from you and that ever since Yoochun went to your house, he is a mess!"

"What do you mean a mess?" I ask, suddenly worried.

"He is heedless, not caring for anything much. He often locks himself up in his bedroom and every time the others ask about you, he mumbles that he messed things up and that you're angry at him."  

"But I'm not!" I exclaim.

"Mind telling me what happened then?"

I sigh, gathering the courage to say out loud what I couldn't even confess to myself.

"I'm in love with Yoochun..." I say in a small voice.

"Tell me something I don't know!" he smiles.

"What?!" I open my eyes wide, caught off guard. "How can you know that? I just figured it out last month!"

"Well, you're slow! Everyone knows it but you two!"

I am too stunned to say anything.

"And what? You confessed and he..."

"No, no!" I say abruptly not wanting to imagine that possibility. "We almost kissed..."

Eunhyuk jumps to his feet, happy as a child before Christmas.

"I knew it!" he shouts. "I knew my plan would work! Hahaha, I'm a genius!"

"What are you talking about? What plan?"

"Junsu told Yoochun about your break up on purpose so he could go to your apartment and... cheer you up!" he says proud of himself.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. They planned it all along?! I don't know if I should be happy that they did it or mad for them meddling in my business. But something was bothering me more than that. If they knew I liked Yoochun before I did than what about him? Had he already figured it out?

"Wait..." Eunhyuk's voice wakes me up from my thoughts. "What did you mean by 'you almost kissed'?"

"We didn't kiss..."

"Why?!" he pouts. "What was the problem? It was a perfect occasion!"

"Because he is one my best friends!"

"Your point being?"

I sigh.

"Ok, ok... I'm sorry," he apologizes. "But now you know how you feel about him. So what are you going to do?"

"Run as far away as I can?!" I grin.

"No you're not!" he scolds "Stop being a coward and go for it, girl!"

I can help but smile. "You sound like my mom," I sigh. "What should I do?"

"Well, you could start gathering your nurse stuffs and go to their dorm!"

"Nurse stuffs? What do you mean?"

"I invited Yoochun to our little dinner tonight but he couldn't come because he is sick."

"What?! How bad is he?" I ask, worried.

"Nothing that love can't cure!" he says with a stupid smile on his face.

"You're ridiculous!"

"Maybe, but you love me!"

"Still trying to understand why that is!" I tease.

We tease each other for a little longer before he sends me home because it was late. In the morning I had panda eyes, because of the lack of sleep. I kept thinking about Eunhyuk's words. Since it was my day off, I decided to call Jaejoong to ask about Yoochun.

He answered with a serious voice. "Yobousayo?"

"Hi, oppa." I say timidly.

"Oh, so you're alive after all."

"Sorry I haven't called... Are you really angry at me?"

He sighs. "How can I be angry at you? I just missed you!"

"I missed you too!"

"Is it ____?" I hear someone asking on the other side of the phone.

"Tell her that she owes me a lot of meals for disappearing like that!" another voice yells.

"I want to talk to her!" another one says and before Jaejoong could say anything someone else grabs the phone. "When are you coming here?"

"Hello to you too, Junsu-ah," I say.

"Hello!" he says with a child's voice. "Now seriously, we are leaving for our schedule and Yoochun is too sick to come with us. So you have to come here and take care of him!"

"You and Eunhyuk should seriously stop making 'plans' for my love life!"

"You'll thank me later! He's waiting for you."

And without giving me the chance to answer he hung up. I didn't have a choice, now, did I? Almost an hour later I was standing in front of DBSK's door. I knew the code, but I didn't want to barge in like this so I knock. No answer... I ring the bell. Still no answer. Finally after a few minutes I decided to go in.

"Is someone home?"

Silence. I go to the living room where a note is waiting for me on the table.

"We left! Yoochun's fever didn't come down this night

and he hasn't eaten since yesterday.

We leave him in your care! Fighting!

Junsu

PS: Noona, if you could leave something to eat for when we get back..."

 

The rest of the note was semi erased. I couldn't help but smile picturing Changmin fighting with Junsu to write it down. I sigh. What does "We leave him in your care" even mean? Do they know that I'm not a doctor?! I put down the note and went to Yoochun's room. When I open the door, he is lying in his bed, peacefully sleeping. I go to his bed and put my hand on his forehead to take his temperature. The boys were right, he's burning up. I go to the bathroom, take a towel and put cold water on it. Then I go back to the bedroom and start washing Micky's face. Once it's done I leave the towel on his forehead. Without waking up, he starts shaking a bit while cold sweat runs down his face. At this point he needs to warm up so the fever can come down. Picking up the other boys’ blankets, I put it on Yoochun but he doesn't stop shivering. What can I do to warm him up? Not really thinking in what I am doing, I climb on the bed and laid as close as I could, putting my arm around him. A few minutes later he stops trembling and his face goes back to a peaceful look. I am happy I came. I missed him so much. I understand now why I can’t be with other guys, because none of them made me feel the way he did. Watching him sleep, I feel myself sliding into sleep, finally able to recover from my night.
I open my eyes not knowing how long I slept. The first thing I notice is that what I'm taking for my pillow is in fact Yoochun's chest. The second thing is that he is shirtless. I try moving but he tightens his grip around me. Then I meet his eyes.

"Am I dreaming or is the fever that's making me hallucinate?" he asks in a husky voice.

"Micky, how are you feeling?" I ask, smiling at his silliness.

"A lot better. I take it it's because you're here."

I shook my head.

"Errr... I'm really glad you're here but how did you end up in my bed?"

"And how did you end up shirtless?"

"I was hot," he answers with a naughty smile.

"I can help you with that," I say, trying to get out of his arms.

He pulls me closer, laughing. "Arasso, arasso! I won't tease you anymore. Can we just stay like this for a bit?"

I nod and lean against his chest, smelling his sweet scent.

"You're not angry anymore?"

"Why should I be angry?"

"Because of what I did..."

"You didn't do anything!" I cut him off. "I should be the one apologizing, for the way I treated you. I have been a bad friend."

"I tried kissing my best friend when she just broke up with her boyfriend, if that's not being a bad friend...!" he laughs.

"You are a wonderful friend! And I am really lucky to have you."

"Likewise, aein!" he says, planting a kiss on top of my head.   

"Yoochun...?" I start.

"You're calling me by my name... Am I in trouble?"

"No." I laugh. "I just want to ask you something..."

"I'm listening."

I don't know why but I feel a sudden burst of courage. Being in his arms makes me feel safe and so with my heart pounding like crazy I dare to ask. "What do you think of me?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" he says, surprised by my question.

"I mean..." I'm having trouble speaking... "What do you feel about me?"

"I love you of course."

"What?!" I choke.

"Well of course! Otherwise I wouldn't be friends with you."

"Oh..." I say, a little disappointed.

I sit up on the bed and this time he lets me go. Turning my back to him, I feel tears stinging my eyes.

"_____?" he calls, worried.

"I'm sorry," I manage to say. "I'm just being a pabo right now."

He tries to turn me around but I resist, not wanting him to see me crying. He doesn't insist, and wrapping his arms around me and kissing my shoulder, sending shivers down my spine.

"I love you in so many different ways, _____," he whispers. "I love your sleepy face in the morning. I love the fact that you can't stop talking during a movie, commenting everything that's happening. I love the way you call me Micky when you are in a good mood and you change it to Yoochun when you're getting serious. I love the way you eat ramyun like is the best thing in the world." He pauses and puts my hair aside. "I love your smell..."

He plants a kiss on my bare neck. Then he gently turns my face to his.

"I love your eyes..." He kisses my eyes. "I love your cheeks..." He kisses my cheek, caressing me with his breath.  "And I most love your lips."

His words are barely a whisper when he puts his lips on mine, kissing me softly. I feel a shock pulse through my body when he tangles his fingers in my hair. I turn to face him completely as I melt into his kiss. With one hand gripping his shirt, my other hand finds its way to the back of his neck, pulling him down so his lips press harder against mine. The minute his lips touched mine, my mind went completely blank. If someone asked me right now what my name was, I wouldn't even know. Slowly, he pulls away from the kiss and looks into my eyes. With a smile, he rests his forehead against mine.

"I think it's definitely not a hallucination," He smiles.

"Yoochun..." I whisper.

"I'm glad you're being serious right now. Because I've never been more serious in my whole life!"

Then he kisses me again, pressing his lips hard against mine. As his tongue glides along my bottom lip, I  feel my heart racing in my chest. Soon his tongue explores my mouth. My breathing quickens as his kiss gets more passionate. I wrap my arm around his neck, pulling him closer, trying to fill any gap that exists between the two of us. Eventually I pull out the kiss to catch my breath and hug him.

"I love you, Micky Yoochun!" I say. He laughs.

"Now how about I make a delicious meal for my brand new boyfriend/best friend/most handsome man in the world?"

"Sounds deliciously tempting," he smiles.

---------

It's my first one shot so please be indulgent!!!

 English is not my first language so sorry for the mistakes.

Hope you like it!^^

Many kisses K-Pop lovers!

(Thanks for ke_xin's editing)