The bride's ending

│ T H E │ B R I D E │

 

--

 

Her words feel like a stab in my heart. Among the glare from Woobin and a supportive look from Baekhyun, I run. I run for her. I need some explanation and some forgiveness if she will give me. Nothing matter for me. I brushed against a woman at the door but she is not the one I should be looking for. I am searching for her.

I am searching for something I didn’t know what to expect. A thousand of questions running my coward brain with every step I take. My legs gave out when I found her. My Eunji, so pretty yet she looked so broken in her blood’s stained dress.

“SOMEONE!!!!! HELPP!!” I scream. My hand shaking as I tried not to move her.

I pull her glove to check for her pulse but my heart wrenched when I saw purplish bruise that looked like a man’s grip. It definitely did not belong to just earlier event.

Her heartbeats were still there but she is becoming so cold.

“SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

I didn’t remember what really happen after that but I knew Baekhyun tried his best to pull me back together though I could feel his hand trembling as he pull me into his car and drive us to the hospital.

“Channie-ah, that girl you met at the entrance… she kill him, shot him dead and killed herself after that. God grief, she is carrying a gun when she walked passed you.” Baekhyun’s small hand squeezing my frozen shoulder in a comforting way while I just stare at the pristine white wall.

“….”

“They told that the possibilities that she tried to take her own life is high. There were no witnesses when it happened. The doctor thought that she probably couldn’t survived, she lost too much blood and even if she survived this time. She probably won’t wake up. You have to accept whatever happens, Channie.”

I want to trust you one this time and wake up so I can tell you that I love you.

“She love you just like the way you love her. She was hoping till the last second that you would stop her.”

“AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME. YOU KNEW THAT I AM STUPID THAT I COULDN’T MAKE EVERYTHINGS RIGHT BY MYSELF.” I lash out at him.

Tears were streaming down my face in front of Baekhyun.

“I COULDN’T SMILE. I COULDN’T LAUGH LIKE I ALWAYS DID. I AM SAD ALL THIS TIME. DON’T YOU SEE THAT??!! YOU COULDN’T SEE THAT I WAS TOO COWARD TO ASK HER WHATS WRONG WHEN SHE LOOKED SO UNHAPPY.”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have promised her that I won’t tell anything to you and I did promise you that I won’t tell anything on you to her.” He winced.

“YOU ARE OUR FRIEND. YOU ARE THE WISEST AMONG US. TELL US WHAT TO DO.” I slumped to the ground.

‘Tell me what to do because I don’t know what to do. I don’t know.’

Baekhyun hugged me. I know he is crying too. Eunji is like his own little sister while I am just a big ed up fool.

 

--

 

When I woke up, I’m glad that I am not in that bloody wedding dress. I’m in Chanyeol white shirt that I always borrowed from him and a denim skirt that I love so much. I can almost smell his scent from the fabric but I knew something wrong. I woke up in a funeral, in Woobin’s funeral. His suave smile was looking at me from his picture while I chuckle mockingly at him, so irony that I always wish I could attend his funeral than attending my own wedding.

That snake killed him on his own wedding’s altar, shoot him right at his heart with a gun he bought for her. Then she killed herself after that. Well, there’s goes her own bloody wedding with that devil. How the media splash of details of it on every newspaper they can lay their hand on.

Well, he won’t refuse this kind of publicity for his business if he is not dead.

I can almost accept the state of myself, I’m glad I am freed from Woobin. I feel nothing, looking at my parents crying non-stop. They should have seen me crying silently in night to sleep, on my white dress.

I should be dead right now but why.

My body looked pitiful, lying on the bed so pale and so thin. The machines are breathing for me. Chanyeol sitting by my bed without moving anywhere but I already lose any hope for living.

Why am I still not dead?

I still have to linger around, even though I couldn’t feel anything but I couldn’t move on.

 

--

 

I sighed as I walked into the room. Chanyeol was sitting on the seat. I didn’t know how long he has been sitting there like an empty shell. He is still hoping for miracle while Eunji looked as if she had giving up everything. I still couldn’t process properly seeing the two Eunji in front of me. Eunji who is lying on the bed, looking so sick, she had a concussion that could almost takes her life but a miracle that she is still not dead even though the machine have to support her.

The Eunji standing by Chanyeol look so homely, she is barefooted wearing a white shirt I recognized as Chanyeol’s and her denim skirt. Her palm is place on Chanyeol shoulder while her face wearing a confused expression and she is looking straight at me.

Let me go. Tell him to let me go.

I shook my head gently. I couldn’t tell Channie to let her move on and I couldn’t let our Eunji move on. I take some steps forward. My palm placed on the spot on her palm.

“We still need you, Eunji. Wake up please, chingu.”

Chanyeol turn his face at me and I know he is going to start to cry any moment.

“Baekkie, she won’t wake up. She is probably so disappointed with me.” He said between sobs.

“You love her and you trust her right.” I pat his back.

“I am stupid, if only I told her how I feel about her.” Chanyeol were holding her cold hand gently.

Pabo.’ She cursed as she sat by the bed.

She almost fading but I can make out her glassed eyes, looking mixed with emotion as she smiled at me.

“Told you that he is a fool…” I almost whisper.

“Pabo..” I widened my eyes when I hear her voice sound so solid.

I laughed.

 

--

 

“Pabo..” I couldn’t move when I heard her voice.

I couldn’t process anything when her soft delicate fingers move on my palm. Baekhyun was laughing behind me like it was some sort of funny prank.

Her eyes open and tears burst out from my eyes. I just cried, telling her over and over that I loved her and that I am sorry.

“You foolish, Happy virus.” She said almost gasping for breath when I hug her.

“Careful..ughhh..” She moaned in pain when I hugged her too tight.

“Yah, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun patted my back.

I pull back to see her pretty face. Her pale face had color in them already. Baekhyun peck her cheek and pat her hand gently before he left the room. I knew he probably want to give us some privacy.

“I love you too.” She mumbled weakly.

My face flushed as I stare right into her eyes.

I kiss her. I couldn’t talk and I just need to kiss her. It’s a simple kiss. Our lips just mold around each other.

“Thank you… for trusting me.” She murmured, her fingers grasping my fingers and weave it together.

“Be mine.” I mumbled to her.

“Yours.” Her voice was whispering to me.

Her warm gaze makes me a complete man. I swear to myself I won’t let go of her no matter what happen. I won’t let go this chance. I almost thought that I lose her already.

“Chanyeol-ah…” She murmured.

“Yeah, yeobo.” I smiled as she rested on my chest.

“I don’t want to get marry anymore after this. I had enough for a lifetime.” She said lazily.

My jaw dropped as I watch her serious face.

“What??!!..You got to be kidding me.. Iwasplanningonproposingtoyouwittharomanticandeverysingle

cheesythingthatIcando..” I was stopped with her finger pressing against my lips.

My eyes are looking pleadingly at her with my best puppy eyes.

“Just joking. I was waiting all my life to be yours.” She smiled gently.

I sigh in relief.

“You just wake up and you already start to toy me around.” I sobbed.

“Chanyeol-ah.”

“Yeah..”

“I don’t want to lose you. I can’t live without you.” My heart was beating so fast looking at her face, so innocent and so honest for the first time. My ribcage are going to explode at this rate.

I lifted her wrist, looking at the bruise he gave her.

“I’m so sorry for being a fool, for not able to protect you. Forgive me, will you?”

“It’s okay. You just have to spend your life protecting me.”

“I will..” my eyes closed, my lips brushing her wrist and her pair of chappy lips brushing my heated cheek.

Let me be happy with her for this lifetime because I wouldn’t trade it for anything else.

 

 

T H E     E N D