Chen/Lay

Exo 30 Days Challenge

 

one. new year's eve
1100+ words

Jongdae is siting sideways on the stool, that’s really more uncomfortable than it looks like, already feeling the buzzing of the alcohol as it does its work through his veins all the way over to his brain. The sound of the bass coming from the speakers is giving him a headache, but truthfully that’s a state of mind that has become the more common the more he gets swamped in work. He doesn’t know why he agreed to even go out. He doesn’t like clubs and he really could care less about New Year’s. One more year, twelve more months of work over coffee mugs full of dying dreams and stack of papers that don’t go away by themselves. He can already hear his brain cells crying, or maybe they’re crying over the pounding music that is stabbing his ears, it’s not relevant.

Then he looks to his side and he remembers why. Why he actually gives a flying about decibels that rip out his eardrums and why he agrees to leave the house on work nights choosing head aching outings over the comfort of his bed and why, right now, he actually cares for New Year’s eve. The reason he does he hates. Because of him. All because of that walking, dimpled, miracle that illuminates his dull life.

“Yixing you’re drunk. Maybe you should go home.” He tells the man beside him looking a little too tipsy for comfort.  His eyes don’t even focus on Jongdae as he speaks to him.

“Argh.” He groans. Jongdae swallows because his brain is trying to make that sound be a lot more inappropriately ual than it was meant to or actually is. “You sound like Kris.” He continues to whine. Jongdae scrunches his nose at the mention of Yixing’s boyfriend trying not let it affect him as much as it does. “I invited you because you’re supposed to be fun. Be fun for me Jongdae-ah.” Jongdae feels his cheeks burn. He likes drunken Yixing because drunken Yixing drops all formalities and drunken Yixing is a whole more friendly and touchy and free spirited. Not that Jongdae was thinking of taking advantage of that, of course.

“I don’t know where you got the idea that I was fun.” He says almost shy. Yixing frowns cutely at him before smiling cheekily wearing, Jongdae’s favorite feature on him, his dimple.

“You make me laugh.” The boy gets down his stool and gets close and Jongdae’s heart shoots up to the stars as the other starts to fumble with the front of his shirt. “You’re cute.” He smiles wider and Jongdae’s breath catches. Is Yixing flirting? He’s definitely looking at him weirdly but Jongdae can’t even count his dating experience with fingers to understand if that’s flirting or not. It’s the booze most definitely, he reminds himself, Yixing is most definitely just acting up according to his inebriated brain cells.

“Huh…you’re cute too.” He would shoot himself in the head, if he could, for being so stupid and just plainly verbally incompetent. Freaking Chinese. Learning it for so long to end up not even being able to employ coherent words on better constructed sentences to come up with a better reply. A smart one at least.

Yixing smiles nonetheless and Jongdae forgets the embarrassment of a person he is for a couple seconds.

“Let’s go dance.” Yixing’s eyes lit up at the brand new song that fills the overcrowded room and he grabs one of Jongdae’s wrists to pull him down to the dance floor. Jongdae practically stumbled off the stool almost tripping over himself as Yixing made no regards to slow down for his sake.

Once they reach the dance floor the first thing Jongdae feels is a hot body pressing on him and moving languidly to the sound of the music. He starts to feel his cheeks burn again, and he really doesn’t like how much it’s becoming recurrent, and his heart is pounding and the only thing he can think of is Kris. He slaps himself mentally. His values always get the best of him. It’s not like Kris will know anyway but still he feels guilt build up on him.

Jongdae isn’t really the exquisite type of dancer. Maybe not even a good dancer. Probably not even a dancer. He just moves and sometimes it happens, just then, that god takes pity on him and the thing comes out right. With that set in mind he prays and starts moving against Yixing who isn’t even a bit fazed by his stiffness. Not for long anyway. Until the boy wraps his hands around Jongdae’s neck and tingles their legs to come closer. Impossibly closer. Jongdae thinks he might just faint from the pressure. Yixing smells nicely of soap and a slight scent of perfume. He has half a mind to just push Yixing and tell him that whatever he’s doing it’s wrong. Only. Only he can’t. Because Yixing turns to him and faces him being merely a couple inches away and Jongdae can feel Yixing’s breath on his lips and he can feel Yixing on him and Yixing eyes are glowing and it’s Yixing and Jongdae can’t say no to Yixing no matter what his brain yells in the distance.

“You’re a nice apprentice Jongdae-ah” Yixing says breathy and Jongdae really, really wants to close the gap between them. Oh so much even despite the annoying mental block his brain so much tries to set on him to keep him from doing something wrong.

Yixing smiles at him and they hear people around them getting frantic and the music stopping and suddenly there’s a voice speaking slowly, counting down numbers for midnight.

Yixing hasn’t let go of him and is looking earnestly into Jongdae’s eyes and Jongdae isn’t rushed to push him either as he feeds on it. This is the most and the closer he will ever be able to have Yixing in his life. And it feels nice. The heat overtaking them and their bodies fitting nicely against each other and Jongdae, foolishly, believes Yixing’s arms belong around his neck.

Three,

Two,

One.

And, before he could scream his happiness for the new year, soft lips press agaisnt his. So simple and so chaste and so beautiful Jongdae thinks he could be daydreaming again, but then Yixing pulls away after merely a few seconds and Jongdae’s dream gets interrupted only to realize he wasn’t dreaming after all. Yixing untangles himself from him and he looks puzzled with himself and Jongdae wants to comfort him and say that it doesn’t mean anything, that Yixing is drunk anyway, that none of it has to be taken into consideration. That it was simply an act out of carelessness but he doesn’t think Yixing will even believe it himself.

The boy ends up leaving without saying a word and lets Jongdae behind with a tingling feeling lingering on his lips that he’ll sweetly cherish forever.

 


I hope the plot is understandable. oh well. it's just a small nothing. my brain doesn't come up with brilliant anyway so..hum..yeah. Hopefully it'll get better throughout. ^^ Hope you like it. :)