Part 7 - Kyung, don't be angry!

Ice Princess

Jaehyo bowed as he reached for the back door. He had his backpack hanging on his left shoulder, he went out and closed the door behind him. He walked down the mini staircases and went for faster steps until he reached his car. He leaned his back on the door and sighed.

“That was close.”

“What was close?”

Jaehyo practically jumped backwards in surprise to the sudden voice that replied him which came out of nowhere. His face was slightly frightened.

“My God. YAH PARK KYUNG! You should stop popping out of everywhere so suddenly! What if your best friend here caught a heart attack? What would you do, HUH?”

Jaehyo panted lightly while touching his chest, he felt his heart beat rapidly. Kyung just scratched his head.

“Oh. Sorry I was here all the time, I thought you saw me already.”

Kyung’s straightforward and blank face made Jaehyo get rid of his urge to be angry.

“Never mind. You were here all the time? Why?”

“To wait for you. I want a ride home.”

Jaehyo chuckled. “You could have waited at the lobby so I could just pick you up.”

Kyung merely shrugged. “By the way, what did you mean with ‘that was close’?”

Jaehyo froze. Explain or not? Will Kyung get mad with it?

“Ah it’s late already let me just drive us home,” Jaehyo changed the topic on purpose.

“Promise me you’ll tell me when we get home!” pushed Kyung.

Jaehyo opened the driver’s door. “Why do you always make me promise?”

Kyung tapped his own chin. “Because you always keep them.”

~~~~~

Kyung entered the room after Jaehyo and locked the door. Jaehyo carelessly threw the car keys on the sofa and threw himself on the lounge chair. Kyung was always tidy, he picked up the thrown stuff from Jaehyo and put them organized on the table. We quickly went to his room to change and back to the living room where Jaehyo was still lounging. He looked tired.

“Aren’t you gonna change? Or sleep?” asked Kyung.

Jaehyo yawned. “Just a minute.”

Kyung simply nodded. He was sure he wanted to ask something. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Kyung snapped his fingers.

“Ah right! What happened earlier? What made you kinda panicked?”

Jaehyo who already had his eyes closed, opened them widely again.

Kyung scooted closer. His face was somehow excited as if he knew there was an interesting story behind. “What happened?”

Jaehyo finally sat up comfortably. Kyung looked excited.

“Promise me you won’t freak out.”

Kyung tilted is head in confusion.

“And promise me you won’t get angry or upset.”

Kyung waved his hand up and down. “Ah whatever just tell me what happened.”

Jaehyo took a deep breath. “I don’t know where to start.”

“Start wherever!” Kyung became impatient.

Jaehyo ruffled his own hair. “Okay okay. Look. I’ve met Jina more than twice. Remember when she spilled my drink on my camera? And at the park? I keep meeting her after that. It was always a coincidence. Last time we saw her game, when I disappeared for a long time, I was mistaken as a journalist. A reporter actually.. this boss dude told me to interview Jina. I don’t know why but I just agreed. So I met her again. Surprisingly she felt sorry for my camera so she treated me coffee to make it up. Then when I was working, she visited the restaurant again...”

Jaehyo paused to catch breath. Kyung’s face was priceless. He blinked several times.

“She visited... again? That means she dined in the restaurant before?”

Jaehyo gulped and nodded. Kyung stared at him in disbelief.

“Oh, Kyung please don’t get mad at me, okay? I know you are a huge fanboy of her, you’re probably pissed or jealous that I keep meeting her but this was all out of my control okay we just happen to bump into each other, she even accused me of stalking her which absolutely not what I was doing!”

There was no reply. Jaehyo sighed hopelessly. He then saw Kyung’s mouth shaping into a smile.

“YOU. ARE. SO. AWESOOOOOME~!!!!”

Kyung said the last word while standing up, and shaking Jaehyo back and forth.

“Tell me the details! She should be like hella pretty up close right? RIGHT?”

Jaehyo was stunned. Kyung looked like an excited puppy with its tail waggling behind.

“Kyung I thought you’d be pissed...”

“Why would I? My best friend met my idol, I couldn’t even imagine anything happier! Unless it was myself meeting her,” Kyung’s shoulder dropped down and he sat back on the sofa.

“Sorry for not telling you earlier,” said Jaehyo. He sincerely felt sorry. Even though Kyung’s hyper and bubbly acts often piss him off, he could never hurt Kyung’s feelings. They were such besties.

Kyung shrugged, he looked a bit disappointed but managed to put on a smile. “Ah it’s okay, you told me just now!”

Jaehyo smiled in relief.

“Are you going to meet her again?”

“What?” Jaehyo was slightly surprised.

“Well if yes you should bring me along. Hehe. Or I could make a fanletter and hand it to you so you can give it to her!”

Kyung’s sincere face made Jaehyo couldn’t bear to refuse. “I will call you immediately if I see her again.”

Kyung’s face lightened up. He jumped and pounced Jaehyo, hugged him while endlessly saying thank you. He made Jaehyo promise once again.

~~~~~

Jina buried her head inside the thick novel she was reading. It was too interesting that she spent more than 3 hours in Starbucks, with two empty glasses in front of her, plus one glass half full. She had no upcoming competitions, no college assignments to do, and no one asking her out.

The bell from the entrance door made a noise. Jina didn’t even bother to look at it. It took around 10 seconds for her to realize that someone was blocking the sunlight from outside the window. The shadow made her hard to read so she finally looked up. Her eyes widen a bit and she blinked twice.

“Ahn Jaehyo-sshi?”

Jaehyo smiled. “You remember me?”

Jina slipped in her bookmark and gently tossed her novel inside her bag. “I remember people’s faces and names easily. Especially if I met them quite often.”

Jaehyo nodded. “Leaving so soon?” he asked as he saw Jina packing her stuff and acted like she was going to leave.

Jina paused for a few seconds. “I should find a place where there is enough light for me to continue my novel.”

She stood up. Jaehyo took one step backwards.

“Or a place where nobody would bother me,” said Jina with a cold smile as she excused herself.

Jaehyo had his eyes following Jina’s movements. Just when Jina was out of the café, Jaehyo rushed outside to catch her.

I wonder what else did I do wrong...

“Song Jina-sshi!”

Jina was already walking in a fast pace. Jaehyo basically ran to catch up to her.

“Jina-sshi, wait a minute,” he said half panting.

Jina stopped and looked away. “May I help you?” she said in an annoyed voice.

“Look, I don’t know what else I did wrong to you, but I made a promise, okay..” Jaehyo looked at Jina who was looking at somewhere else.

Jaehyo expected Jina to ask curiously. It turned out that she simply stared into his eyes with a look that demands an explanation.

“I have a friend, his name is Park Kyung. I told him that I met you several times and he made me promise that if I meet you again, I should bring him along or at least give his letter to you. I didn’t expect to meet you this soon so I have nothing prepared. That’s why I figured I should just tell you about him,” explained Jaehyo.

Jina sighed. “So he is a fan?”

Jaehyo nodded vigorously. “A huge fan! Do you think it is okay if I make some sort of appointment to meet with you again or...”

“What am I, a big boss of a huge company? What appointment, I have no doubt that you’ll bump into me at a random time later,” said Jina, raising her fingers and made that quotation mark when she said the word ‘bump’.

Jaehyo was speechless. Jina turned around and walked away. Dumbfounded, Jaehyo randomly shouted thank you to her. Jina secretly smirked and continued walking on.

~~~~~

“I’m home.”

“Welcome home~! Geez, you’re right. We sound like a newly wed couple or something. We should stop this,” Kyung let Jaehyo step inside as he closed the door.

Jaehyo simply ignored and just lay down on the sofa. He looked tired as usual. Kyung didn’t bother to ask. He grabbed his half eaten bag of Lays, nommed on it as he raised the TV’s volume.

Jaehyo tried to ignore. Kyung’s endless laughter began to be annoying. The TV volume was loud enough for Jaehyo. Plus the annoying commercials during the break.

Jaehyo suddenly sat up. Kyung who was biting on a chip spontaneously had his mouth open and the piece of chip fell off from his mouth.

“Could you watch anything else, somewhere else, with a headset?! I’m trying to chill here!!!”

Jaehyo’s explosion didn’t surprise Kyung. It wasn’t his first time, Jaehyo often gets pissed easily.

“Easy, boss,” Kyung lifted both his hands in surrender. He grabbed the huge headsets with the cable that was 6 meters long. He plugged it into the TV and walked back to the sofa and sat back, continued to watch.

Jaehyo rolled his eyes and scratched his head vigorously. He was somehow frustrated, he even didn’t know why.  Kyung was already back into the show, he laughed several times while trying to hold it in at sometimes.

A few minutes went by and Jaehyo was strangely bothered about why Kyung hadn’t asked him anything. Usually Kyung would be all curious but today he seemed inattentive. Jaehyo gave up and stood up. He walked towards the TV and unplugged the headset.

“Hey!” Kyung stood up, about to guff.

“I met Jina again today.”

Kyung stayed silent for a second. “REALLY?”

Jaehyo nodded. “And she was ten times colder than usual. She kinda pissed me off but I didn’t even have the time to get angry!”

Kyung made an O with his mouth. “No wonder, your behavior.”

They stayed silent. Both standing up. “Aren’t you gonna ask what happened?” asked Jaehyo.

Kyung chuckled. “AHA! You miss me being so curious, aren’t ya! Sit down will you, I don’t really like talking while standing up. This isn’t a toilet convo or something.”

Jaehyo couldn’t help but smile at Kyung’s last sentence. He sat on the sofa, leaned back and picked a comfy position. He then told the whole story, while imitating Jina’s voice at certain parts which made Kyung crack up. Kyung, as usual, was excited to hear Jaehyo’s stories. He always finds Jaehyo’s lifestory very interesting.

When Jaehyo stopped talking, Kyung nodded, somehow looking satisfied.

“Thanks for telling her about me! Although she didn’t seem excited. You sure you didn’t do something wrong?” asked Kyung.

Jaehyo gave a thinking look for a second, then he nodded. “I’m sure.”

Kyung shrugged. “Maybe she’s naturally like that. I once read a mini interview about her. She said she’s really close only to a few friends. On a funfact homepage about her, I read that she got the nickname Ice Princess not only because of her skating appearance but because her personality is really cold.”

Jaehyo nodded to Kyung’s brief explanation.

“I like her,” said Kyung.

Jaehyo scoffed. “You’re falling head over heels over her! I wonder why we don’t switch places, so you can meet her instead.”

Kyung chuckled. “AHAHAH exactly! That wouldn’t happen. Hey she still thinks you’re a reporter, right? Go contact her to set up another interview. Or whatelse, I don’t care. I’m going to prepare a fan letter so you better give it to her! And how do you always end up meeting her, do you know her usual hang out place or what?”

“She just happens to be at the place I hang out the most,” said Jaehyo.

“Starbucks?” asked Kyung. Jaehyo nodded. “The park?” asked Kyung. Jaehyo nodded again.

“Wow I will try to hang out there then some time,” said Kyung, slightly amazed.

Jaehyo replied with a small smile.

“Aish stop being all grumpy okay. Jina is cool like that. Deal with it!”

Kyung walked away towards his room and disappeared. Jaehyo inhaled and stretched his back.

“Jina is cool like that?” mumbled Jaehyo, repeating Kyung’s words. He scoffed and went into his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when was the last time i updated? THIS TIME IT'S A LONG CHAPTER!

i hope you are all satistfied :3 if you like this story you might as well promote it to your friends hehehehehe XD

thankyou so much for commenting, subscribing and reading this all,

i wouldn't have continued it if it wasn't for your support <3

hope you will keep up, this story still has a long way to go.... :)