Leave Me Alone!/You're All I've Got

Insecure

It has been about a week since the first major face off with my ex-best friends. Kai and I walk through the hallway. We are faced with a lot of stares and I start to get nervous.

“Don’t worry about them”, he leans down and whispers to me.

Haha, easier said than done I’m afraid. Since last week, everyone  has had something to say about me. It all resulted in rumours, exclusion, and much more open hate. Those girls practically owned the school so it wasn’t like I stood much of a chance anyhow.

The previous day was a prime example. Every single person had some lame-brained excuse as to why I couldn’t sit at their table at lunch. For me, there were two options left: the empty table in the corner, surrounded by them, or the girls’  bathroom. I picked the table, though the bathroom was tempting...Okay so more like Kai nearly wrestled me down and dragged me over to the table.

I shake my head. Today it was a new rumor. I‘m now the girl who lets guys feel her up. The girl who’ll a guy off behind the school. That’s right, they officially branded me the “”. Whatever was left of my self esteem, it was gone. Unfortunately, this new name and “reputation” of mine began bringing Kai down, though he seemed to take everything with a smile.

“Ah, I don’t mind. Eventually, they are going to realize that they are stupid”, he said to me when I mentioned it to him.

I really wish he was right. My next class is a class Kai and I don’t have together. I am left alone with vicious attackers and standers by. I really fear that I will die of shame, humiliation and from the pressure of making my next move.

I walk to class as proudly as I could to try and maintain an image of self worth. I am always being told that it stops when you realize your worth. The bravado falters. The group of guys I walk past smell the fear radiating off of me.

“Hey, babygirl.” Youngjae, the one who stands tall before me now, reaches out and pulls me close by my waist. Let me get one thing cleared up, I love hugs but honestly overt touching and closeness can truly bug me if I’m uncomfortable in the slightest way. And I do mean the slightest.

“Get your hands off of me, Youngjae!”

He lets go, only for me to be grabbed even lower on my waist by Jongup.

“Aw, c’mon, I’m sure you’re used to way more than someone’s hands on your hips”, he looks me up and down, “And what fine hips they are.”

He his lips and slowly begins raising the hem of my shirt. I jerk backward, back into Youngjae as the others watch with smirks and smug looks.

Youngjae cups my bum and I yank away from his touch.

“Stop!” I tell him. “Quit it!”

“And what if I don’t want to?”

I feel another hand on my waist pulling me away from him.

“I believe she said stop!”

It’s Kai, his voice firm and in control. I could definitely learn more from him. It’s a stare down between the two and Youngjae backs up and walks away, the rest of the guys following behind him.

“Thanks for that.”

“Your welcome.”

“I still feel like I’m dragging you down.”

“If me standing up for you and doing what’s right is being dragged down then I don’t have any desire to be pulled back up.”

His words are final. Kai hugs me close and kisses my cheek so softly that I can barely feel his lips. I feel tingly and warm inside. He and I part ways and I finally get to class, though about thirty seconds before the bell. Class is the usual overly gossip filled mess that it always is. Nothing remarkable or different.

Next is the awful and dreaded lunch. I don’t want to go, but Kai forces me. He says that the only way they’ll stop is for them to think their attacks are futile. I finally give in and let him drag me through the lunch line and over to the table.

“Okay, now what we have to do is get everything straight and fill out an incident report and get your mom involved. The key to solving this big mess”, he says while playing around on his phone.

“What? My mom? She can’t get involved. She’ll make me transfer and I’ll probably never see you again. Then what?”

“Well, you’ll be out of this situation wouldn’t you?” He an eyebrow at me and I look away.

“Exactly. And besides, I know where you live, I can visit you. After school, on weekends. It isn’t impossible.”

“I suppose not.”

He smiles at me and I give a small smile back. It feels good to have an expression of happiness through the dark days. I take a bite of my food and pull out my own phone and a pair of earbuds. Beautiful by Christina Aguilera blares through them. An even bigger smile spreads on my face.

Even though he isn’t looking, it’s geared at Kai, because whether I acknowledge the fact or now, he’s bright, he’s kind, he makes good points, and he’s all I’ve got.


A/N: Sorry about making BAP so...icky....Yeah, rumours are awful things, huh? I myself never truly liked them, though it’s a bit obvious why. Yeah, school can be the roughest part for some and for others it’s home. My wish for everyone, is that their storm clouds pass and they have a good life. Be the best you that you can be. The next chapter comes next weekend and It should be the final. The A/N on that part will probably be rather special one. I feel it will be an important one. Much love to you all.