Present 4

Mysterious Past (Re-Constructing)

 

KIM TAEYEON’S POV

 

After Jessica talked to Siwon Oppa (Since he’s older), I bid goodbye since they have to practice. I went to the library to search for some ballad songs. I don’t really like ballad songs, but today I was in the mood to look for some.

 

I am the type of person who will listen to a song that I can relate to. If I’m sad, I’ll listen to a sad song. If I’m angry, I’ll listen to heavy metal like music. I don’t know why, but I like doing those stuff.

 

I arrived at the library, which was big. It is full of album disks that the students from this division made. Jessica and Hyoyeon said that students tend to make their own songs for fun and sometimes it is a requirement in our vocal class.

 

“Excuse me, but where is the ballad section?” I asked the person at the front desk

 

“There is it” She smiled at me while she pointed at the left corner

 

“Thank you” I said then bowed.

 

There were a lot of songs. Sooyoung said, mostly all of the students make ballad songs because they were so much easier than pop music. The ballad section was not only filled with ballad songs, it also have the slow songs that are pop music, but they considered since pop music was those songs that have fast beat.

 

I searched the shelves, the album disks have the song title and the one who made it. I saw ‘Trap’ by Henry Lau. I suddenly remembered Henry, my cousin, but isn’t it just a coincidence? His name is Henry Lau too. I took it from the shelf.

 

I searched again and there were two songs that caught my eye. It was ‘If’ by Kim Taeyeon, and ‘By Myself’ by Unknown. My head suddenly hurt, but it wasn’t too much to make me go to the clinic eventually.

 

I downloaded the songs without listening to it, and went straight to Girls’ Generations’ practice room. When I arrived they suddenly asked me.

 

“So, what songs did you found?” Jessica asked, trying to catch her breath as they just finished practicing.

 

“Firstly, I got three songs downloaded. One was ‘Trap’ by Henry Lau, second it’s ‘If’ by Kim Taeyeon and lastly ‘By Myself’ although it says unknown. They were silent as if they saw ghosts.

 

“Yah! Why are you all silent?” I asked, they were suddenly back to earth, these guys!

 

“Uhh- You know, you picked good songs” Hyoyeon smiled

 

“I want to know who sang By Myself though, it sounds good” I said

 

“You’ll know sooner or later” Jessica said then they went to change their clothes,

 

END OF POV

 

 

HWANG TIFFANY’S POV

 

I was on my way back to our practice room. I was from the library, I saw Taeyeon there earlier there. She was searching ballad songs, that Taeyeon reminds me of someone who I don’t want to remember. I can’t explain, but I felt she’s not that bad.

 

She was just a transferee that knows nothing about us, she’s just someone who’s getting in between us, she’s just someone who reminds me of her.

 

“You’re back!” Yuri said as soon as I enter our practice room.

 

“Where have you been?” Sunny asked me

 

“I went to the bathroom” I replied. I didn’t know why I lied, but it just feels that I have to hide the fact that I went to the Library. It’s not that I went to search songs in the Library, I came there for something else.

 

“Let’s practice” Sunny said then we started practicing.

 

After minutes of practicing, we took a quick shower then changed our clothes. We went to our next class were Yuri and I have the same class, our next class is Singing Class, but this time we have boy classmates.

 

We then arrived at our classroom, I saw Taeyeon and Jessica seating on the second row, so I sat on the third row but not on the same column as theirs. Mr. Kwon soon arrived, he asked Taeyon to introduce herself. Taeyeon went in front then she said her name coldly.

 

“How old are you Taeyeon-shi?” Chanyeol asked her

 

“I’m eighteen years old” She replied. Is older than me, or I’m older than her? I’m a 95-liner turning 19 this year. Is she a 94-Liner who just turned 18 or is she the same as me?

 

“Okay, Enough with the talking. I heard from Mr. Choi that you’re a good singer” Mr. Kwon started

 

“Ah- I” Taeyeon stuttered

 

“It’s okay, unless the boys wanted you to sing. Do you want her to sing?” Mr. Kwon asked the boys

 

“Please! We believe you have a good voice, but please sing” Sehun begged

 

“Are you okay with it, miss Taeyeon?” Mr. Kwon asked

 

“Neh” Taeyeon said

 

“I’ll choose a song for you” Mr. Kwon said then Mr. Kwon chose By Myself which I myself made. They looked at me then I nodded. I knew that they were looking at me if I will approve that she’ll sing my song.

 

“By Myself? I’m sorry, but I’m not familiar with it. Is it the song that goes ‘Na honjaseo sarangeul malhago’?” Taeyeon asked. I thought she didn’t know

 

“It is, but I’ll let you have the lyrics while you sing” Mr. Kwon said then gave her the copy. She started s inging.

 

Na honjaseo sarangeul malhago

Sarangeul bonaego honja ssaheun

Chueoge gyeopgyeobi nunmuri maeyeo

 

Meon gose isseodo geudae haengbokhagil

Naui sarangeul gaseumgipi mudeoyo

 

“Now, are you boys satisfied?” Mr. Kwon asked

 

“She’s even better than the orig-“ Suho had put his hands on Xiumin’s mouth. I know what he was supposed to say, he was supposed to say that Taeyeon is even better than me. I admit she has a good voice, and I myself was satisfied with her singing.

 

Taeyeon was asked to seat down so she came back to her seat. On her way I stared at her, which I don’t know if it was even staring because she looked afraid for a minute there, when she sat, I saw her talked to Jessica.

 

END OF POV

 

 

KIM TAEYEON’S POV

 

As I sat down, I saw Tiffany sending me death glares. What did I do wrong? Why is she angry? I asked Jessica about it, but she ignored me knowing the fact that Mr. Kwon is looking at us. Once class has ended I hurriedly asked her.

 

“Why is she glaring at me earlier?” I asked

 

“It was her song” Jessica shortly replied. If it was her song, why wouldn’t she put her name on it, since it’s her own work.

 

“Does she like ballad?” I asked

 

“No, actually she likes Pop Music” Jessica replied

 

“Oh. Can I ask you something?” I asked

 

“You’re already asking” She giggled

 

“I mean another one” I said

 

“Sure, what is it?” She replied

 

“It’s a little personal, but what happened between you and Tiffany? You said you were best friends” I said. I was really curious about them, but I never had the chance to ask them. Jessica was about to answer when the girls arrived

 

“We’ve been looking for you” Hyoyeon said

 

“You do know I’m always here in the student lounge” Jessica said

 

“Yeah, I kind of forgot” Hyoyeon said.

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

 

WORD COUNT: 1,221