Present 23

Mysterious Past (Re-Constructing)

 

KIM TAEYEON’S POV

 

After our practice, we had a small break. Tiffany kept asking me about how did I know the song. Truthfully I didn’t know either, the song just sounded and looked familiar to me.

 

“How did you know the song?” Tiffany asked

 

“I don’t know, the song just sounded familiar” I answered her

 

“You’re weird, you know?” Tiffany said.

 

“What makes you say that?” I asked before drinking water

 

“Nothing, it’s just that you know ‘My Bestfriend’ and some other songs from our former group,” Tiffany said. I can’t explain. I just really found the songs familiar, these past days.

 

“My head hurts,” I said to Tiffany.

 

“Your headache is getting worse,” Tiffany said. She knew about my headache, It just won’t go away.

 

“You do know I have this since like last month? And I started having headaches for the last 6 months” I said. My headache won’t just stop from attacking me, sometimes when I’m walking in the hallways it just suddenly hurt or when Tiffany tells me a story about them.

 

“Okay, let’s practice” Mrs. Choi suddenly entered the room, we stood up and then started practicing again. Even though we didn’t have good memories with these girls, I just sing with all my heart.

 

After our practice. Mrs. Choi reminded us that we don’t have classes today, she said that we have to arrange our schedules since we will have new ones tomorrow. Me and Tiffany went outside to buy Lunch at Ilar’s. Tiffany said she found this place when she was searching a restaurant near our school.

 

“But there are more others, why here?” I asked her

 

“This restaurant has specialties, and they serve Filipino foods in here.” She said

 

I remembered when we went in the Philippines, they dishes like “Tosilog”, which stands for Tocino-Egg (Itlog) and Fried Rice (Sinangag). It was delicious, I remembered Filipinos eating Bacons and Eggs for dinner, Tiffany said it was healthy for them.

 

We ordered then, then we decided to take the food out. Tiffany said she wanted to eat it in the dorms, and since we have to do something important according to her. She said she wanted me to watch some of the videos she worked on because I asked her If she could tell me what exactly is her relationship with Jessica and the others. I know she already said it to me, but I can’t exactly picture it in my mind.

 

We finally got back to our dorm with our food, to our surprise Jessica and Yuri were watching TV, but they sat separately and far away from each other. We went to our room and then arranged our things so we can eat. We are going to eat on the floor since there’s no table available and we don’t want to eat at the dining table outside too, the other girls are there.

 

“What did you ordered?” Tiffany asked since we ordered separately earlier.

 

“I ordered Tocino (Sweetened Pork) with Garlic Rice” I answered and then I glanced at what she ordered.

 

“What is that!?” I almost shouted when I saw her food. It was color black, has pepper and with some meat.

 

“It’s Dinuguan! (Pork Blood Stew) Try it, it’s delicious” She said to me. She said it was blood from a pig, and it has some garlic and vinegar in it.

 

 “I’m will never try such food, I mean it’s blood!” I said then she laughed.

 

 “You do know in other countries, Dinuguan is their favorite lunch, It’s normal for them to eat these types of food at least I don’t eat birds,” She said, I glared at her then she laughed. She said that because she knows I liked balot (Duck Embryo that is boiled and eaten in the shell)

 

“At least many people like it too!” I said then we finished eating. She then got her phone then connected it to my Laptop. She said all her videos were in there, but we were just going to watch her last video. She started telling me stories as soon the videos started.

 

*VIDEO*  (All that is happening in the video will be on Italic, but Taeyeon’s thoughts and the present happening will be normal )

 

 “Annyeonghaseyo! Today Me and my group mates are going to a trip! Yehey!” Tiffany said, but she was not in the camera frame, the camera was recording her group mates.

 

“Aigoo! Fany-ah. Let’s go! Stop that already” Jessica said

 

“Jessica, let her be.” A girl said. Who was that? Then I paused the video to ask her who was that.

 

“She’s our former leader. It’s just funny that you have a lot in common, you have the same name, you looked a bit like her and even your voice sounds alike. She was the one that was gotten into a car accident” Tiffany said then she smiled at me. Her voice sounds so sincere and soft while she said that. I didn’t know that she was their former leader, I mean I heard a lot about her, but I never heard her voice.

 

“I see, do you miss her?” I asked, she nodded then we watched again.

 

“Bleh!” It was Tiffany who did the “Merong” to Jessica

 

"Yah! Yah! Let's go," Yuri said then they boarded a Recreational Vehicle. It goes on and on. Tiffany said she stopped recording when they were on the road. She didn’t have the chance to record while they were on their trip because the places they went didn’t allow cameras inside it. It the last part she recorded was when they were on the road going back from their trip.

 

“Sooyoung unnie! Where’s my chips?” Yoona asked

 

 “I don’t kn-“ Sooyoung didn’t have the chance to continue

 

“She ate it, I saw it with my own eyes,” Hyoyeon said. They’re so happy when they’re together, I can’t believe they split up just because their leader’s gone, but I don’t really know what happened.

 

“Yah! You ate some of it, Yuri was even there too!” Sooyoung said

 

 “I told you not to eat it” Yoona pouted

 

“Who wants to play with me? Taeyeon gave up!” Sunny said. Their so different from what they are now, in here it looks like they’re not going to survive one day without each other, but right now they don’t care about each other.

 

“I WILL!” Hyoyeon said

 

“No,  don’t! You’ll just lose” Taeyeon said

 

"Sunny's just too good for you," Tiffany said

 

 “Will you please lower down your voices? I’m trying to sleep here” Jessica said then she went to lay down the couch again while there’s Seohyun reading a book beside her.

 

*END OF VIDEO*

 

“That’s the end of it unfortunately,” Tiffany said

 

“Don’t worry, I know you’re going to be friends again” I said

 

“I hope so,” Tiffany said

 

END OF POV

 

KWON YURI’S POV

 

We were watching some I-don’t-know-what-thingy while I ate my shawarma. Then we heard shouts from Taeyeon and Tiffany’s room.

 

 “I’m will never try such food, I mean it’s blood!” I heard Taeyeon said then Tiffany laughed.

 

“You do know in other countries, Dinuguan is their favorite lunch, It’s normal for them to eat these types of food, at least I don’t eat birds,” Tiffany said

 

“At least many people like it too!” Taeyeon said. I wanted to disregard it, but I know they wouldn't stop if I wouldn't tell them they’re so loud. I went to the kitchen first, I placed my Shawarma and then I went to wash my hands. First I waited if they stopped, but they haven’t. I think this time, they were watching some movie, but it was still very loud. I went to their room. Suddenly they stopped for a couple of seconds, but I heard another shout or was it even a shout?

 

“Bleh!”  I heard Tiffany said, I was about to knock to stop them, but I was shocked when I heard the next voice.

 

“Yah! Yah! Let’s go” I heard my own voice. What are they watching? It can’t be. It’s been two years already, have she been keeping those videos she made? Then there was a pause, a silence.

 

 “Sooyoung unnie! Where’s my chips?” I heard Yoona’s voice. I remember, this was when we went for our trip, but why would Tiffany watch it with Taeyeon? I even have to force Tiffany so she can let me watch it.

 

“I don’t kn-“ Sooyoung didn’t have the chance to continue.

 

“She ate it, I saw it with my own eyes,” Hyoyeon said.

 

 “Yah! You ate some of it, Yuri was even there too!” Sooyoung said

 

 “I told you not to eat it,” Yoona said

 

“Who wants to play with me? Taeyeon gave up!” Sunny said.

 

“I WILL!” Hyoyeon said

 

 “No,  don’t! You’ll just lose” Taeyeon said. It’s Taeyeon. How I miss Taeyeon, but she’s gone. She left us. I know that she maybe not dead, but it’s been two years, and yet there was no single contact from her.

 

“Sunny’s just too good for you,” Tiffany said

 

“Will you please lower down your voices? I’m trying to sleep here” Jessica said. We were so close back then, I can’t really explain why we became like this, but I don’t want to go back. I accept who we are right now, and I’m not going back.

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

 

WORD COUNT: 1,559

 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
 
I know I updated siince like forever, but forgive me as I am very busy, and I am RECONSTRUCTING THIS STORY
So, I hope you like the changes I made. Don't forget to comment and subscribe.

 

Ciao~
 
 

Thanks for upvoting. :D Sorry for the late notice.