Choppy Memories

Do You Remember?

“Yah, Chanyeol. Can you please, at least, put your clothes to the basket after you finished took shower?” Jihee put both her hands on waist, looking at the mess in front of the bathroom. T-shirt, pants, even underwear! She firmed her lips, it’s been a week after their marriage, yet Chanyeol’s habits are frustrating her enough.

Chanyeol head popped out from the closet’s door, both hands busy tying his tie around the neck. “I’m sorry, I will do that later.”

“No. you have to clean this up before you go.”

“I’m running late, Jihee. There’s an important meeting with stakeholders.”

“I. Don’t. in. Care.”

Chanyeol closed the closet’s door, with sigh before finally he cleaned everything. He didn’t say anything, took his bag and left. Jihee followed him behind, and now frowned because he didn’t even sit on the table to have his breakfast, but put on his shoes.

“Are you angry?”

“I’m not.”

“Then why don’t you have your breakfast before you leave?”

Chanyeol stared at Jihee’s eyes deeply, “I’m pretty sure I’ve told you already that I have important meeting to attend.”

“Is that really important for you and ignoring whatever I did?”

“Please, Jihee, I don’t want to argu-“

“Whatever. Do what you like.” Jihee took off her apron, throw it at the floor. She the TV until she heard the door closed behind. She kept changing the channel, pressing the remote control’s button harshly before it landed on the floor, together with the apron.

Jihee hates eating alone. Almost for a week, Chanyeol always coming late, going early. His excuse is same. He is busy. Jihee endured it for a week and because there is a house-keeper who always there and accompanies her to eat. But now is weekend, and the house-keeper is not coming, yet Chanyeol still leave for work.

Jihee stomped her feet, went to the kitchen. She took lunch-boxes at the cabinet and packed the breakfast into it. She doesn’t know where this urge comes from, but she thought that she has to go to Chanyeol’s office.

She already put too much effort into it.

 

 

Chanyeol is skimming the business paper, while the other hand is wrapping a cup of coffee. He heard the door knocked three times, and answered, “Come in,” without took off his eyes from the paper.

Isanim1, there is someone wanted to meet you.” Said his secretary.

“Who?”

“She said your long-time friend.”

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed, “My friend? Let her in.”

Chanyeol took of his round glasses, leaned his back to the chair. The door opened and he frozen at his chair.

“Chanyeol. It’s been a long time.” The woman walked in, with a lot confidence.

“What brings you here?”

The woman put a flower pot on Chanyeol’s desk, it’s a red rose, “Of course I come to congratulate you for your wedding,” She stared at the rose, “A wedding with sharp thorns. I’m sooo excited.” She emphasized.

“Cha Yoo-hae!” Called Chanyeol in anger, “You may leave. I don’t want to see you again.”

The woman smirked at him, answered, “What are you afraid of? It’s not like I do crime.”

Chanyeol stood up from his chair, put bot his hand in the trousers’ pocket.

“Listen carefully, Cha Yoo-hae-ssi. If you don’t have anything to do here, leave. I have to go home.”

Without realizing, Yoo-hae pulled Chanyeol’s tie, dragged him closer. Chanyeol was speechless, angry, and weary. He just wants to go home…

And just like that, the door burst open wide, showing Jihee with amused look.

 

 

“He is inside with a guest, Agassi2. And yes, it’s true that there was a stakeholder’s meeting this morning.”

Jihee nodded, and then walked to the front door. She knocked the door lightly, but no answers. Second, it’s still the same before finally she opened the door.

Chanyeol is standing, leaned on the desk edge, while there is a woman, pulled his tie, wearing a mini skirt and tight shirt. The woman turned her head, looking at the door direction. She stepped back from Chanyeol, tried to tidy up her clothes.

“Yoo-hae?” Jihee’s sound trembling, she feels like there’s a stone in , choked. Her heart pounded, burning in anger, but she didn’t know exactly why. Is she jealous?

“Hi. Congratulations for your wedding.” She hugged Jihee tightly.

Jihee give a hug back, “You didn’t come? I’m pretty sure that I sent you an invitation.”

“I just came back from US yesterday. Okay, I think I have to leave you guys alone. See you.” And she left. The air in the room become thin, Jihee put down the lunch-boxes to Chanyeol desk, she was about to leave when Chanyeol grabbed her arm.

“Stay, let’s eat.”

“No. I want to go home.”

“Don’t misunderstand, she-“

“I don’t care.”

Chanyeol gave Jihee his ‘this morning look’, and let her arm go. “Jihee,” he closed his eyes, then opened it again; “Don’t say that again.”

“Like I care?” Jihee glared at him, what’s with him? Trying to be bossy and such? It’s her right because instead of going home, Chanyeol is here, with Yoo-hae, and Jihee didn’t know why there’s strong feeling inside that Jihee hates seeing Yoo-hae with Chanyeol. Together.

“It hurts, Jihee,” He said, right when Jihee turned the door knob. “It’s like you don’t care even though I’m dead.”

Jihee frozen on her place, there is a strong memory hits her head. It’s like a dream. A car was coming towards her fast, she lost her control, she was crying very hard, she hit her chest many times, tried to remove the pain, she closed the door behind, she was running in the rain. All the memory comes not in sequence.

It’s a dream, isn’t it?

“I was dying… but did you even care?”

 

 

1: Managing Director

2: Ms.


►► Yeay, new chapter after a year! I took a too long time hiatus, I'm sad that I didn't continue this story like I promised. It was short, I know, but the story starts to reaveling the history! I'm so sorry guys! :'( But here you go! Comment is appreciated, and subscribe for the further story! Hi new subscribers! Nice to know you all!