Dad's Plea (Or?)

Do You Remember?

 

 


 

 

            “This guy is in’ hot… Be right back, I’m dying.” She said and kept opening the next page of the magazine on her hand, while the other girl kept staring at her friend with amused look.

            “Yah, Jihee.” Said the girl, shook Jihee’s shoulder. “Sora, let me tear this part, okay?” Jihee said and pointed at the man on the magazine.

            “Until you tell me what’s going on, then I’ll let you to take that magazine home.” Sora answered. Jihee stayed in silent, and back to read the magazine again. Sora sighed and speaks up her mind.

            “Mind to tell me about your father’s condition?” Sora asked carefully. She didn’t think Jihee will answer that question, but…

            “Worse. It’s getting worse day by day. My brothers came this morning.”

            “So it’s not a good news, is it?”

            Jihee nodded. Well, Jihee comes from a rich family. Her father is a billionaire and the owner of Lee Company, the biggest company in South Korea. Jihee is his only daughter. Jihee has 4 brothers and all of them are working overseas as successful businessman with their own family. Lee Jiwook, Jihee’s father, really loves Jihee because he said his wife eyes were in Jihee’s (Because Jihee has a same color of eyes with her mom). His father lost Jihee’s mother when Jihee still in kindergarten, but he never thought to marrying someone else and tried his best to raise Jihee.

            “Whatever. Come on. Quick change your clothes and let’s go shopping,” Jihee said and threw the magazine to the table. “I will wait outside.” she continued and went out from the room.

            Sora breathe deeply, she’s already being Jihee’s friend since they still on diapers. Sora knows that Jihee only trying to not think about his father.

            Sora knows that Jihee loves his father more than her life.

            She just pretended to be strong.

 

 

            “Are we done yet?” asked Sora, looking at how much bags already that they brought along now. “No. You want some nails art or something? Or creambath? Creambath sounds good!” Jihee answered herself. Sora tailed Jihee behind, she suddenly sat on the nearest bench in that place and fanned herself with her hand. Hot… Thirsty…

            While Jihee kept walk in the front blabbering about how weak Sora is, not knowing that her friend ‘just give up’ behind. “Yah, Sora! That’s the newest Rilakkuma plushie! Let’s…” Jihee shout and tried to grab Sora’s hand. She just realized that she was grabbing a thin air behind. She turned around and didn’t see Sora on her sight. She stomped her feet and turned back along her path, tried to found Sora when she heard her phone rang. It’s one of his big brothers.

            “Whaaaat?” Jihee asked in annoying tone.

            “What are you doing outside?”

She put down her shopping bags and leaned her hand on her hips. “Are you calling me only for asking ‘what are you doing outside?’ Of course, I’m shopping with Kim Sora!”

“No, you better go home, now, Jihee. Father wants to see you.”

Omo. This is not good.

 

 

            “Aish, where’s that ? Is she still wandering around?” Sora took a sip water from the bottle. She took her phone out from her bag and tried to dial Jihee’s number, but Jihee was not answering.

            “Oh please… pick your phone up, Hee.” Sora muttered by herself, redialed Jihee’s number. She leaned her back at the wall, searching for Jihee between the crowds. Suddenly, her phone beeped, showed pop-up message on her phone screen.

            I’m at home alr, sorry for leaving you. You can take bus or taxi okay? I’ll call you later.

            Sora sighed, and then went home alone.

 

 

            “Miss, you home.” As usual, the maids were waiting for Jihee in front of the door. Jihee told them with hand gesture to pick up her shopping bags in the car. Jihee went to the living room and saw his father, not lying on his bed anymore, and read the newspaper with IV still on his hand. Lee Jiwook sat between his sons, and quickly folded his newspaper when he saw Jihee.

           He give Jihee his bright smile, “Sweetheart, you home.” Jihee went straight and hugged his dad tightly. “Aigoo, this girl.” He patted Jihee’s head.

            “You woke up.” She said in relief.

            “Of course, the doctor is the best.”

            “Dad, just tell her quickly.” Said Jihee’s oldest brother. Jihee took a sip of tea that served on the table. “Oppa. What are you talking about?”

            “Appa wants you to get married.”

            She choked, almost spill out the tea from it cup. “Slow down, sweetheart.  Let me explain this,”

            “Doctor said my health condition isn’t good if I continue to work, I should take more rest than usual and it means, I can’t take care about you anymore. I was going to replace my position with your brothers, but no one between these brats wants to. They have a company that they should take care of, too. Then I asked them, is it okay if I replace this with your soon to be husband? They said its okay so…”

            “Sajangnim, I’m sorry for coming late, I was handling the report about this month salary back there.” A tall boy with low voice entered the living room, bowed. He is Park Chanyeol, Jihee’s not too close friend and her father ‘right-hand’. He is weird. He likes to tease Jihee whenever she comes to her father’s office. That’s what Jihee thought about him.

            “Ah, since you already here, let’s talk about the marriage.”

          Jihee frozen on her place, heard his father explanation. After gained her sense back, she asked, “What? I marry to him?”

            “Yes. That’s the final decision. I trusted him just like I trust my own sons. And I trust him to take care of you.” Said Lee Jiwook.

           Jihee stood from her place abruptly. “Dad, it’s okay if you told me to get marry,” She walked to the door, and turned back. “But you didn’t discuss it with me, oh crap. Whatever. I’m leaving you all here.” She said and went to her room. She locked the door and threw her bag on the floor. Why out of all men in this world? Why must Park Chanyeol?! Why not a man with y creatures just like on Sora’s magazine? Why?!

            Jihee always think that boy has 2 sides of face. He became really perfectionist about business and stuff, but he is a weird, derpy, and idiot with her around. He always gave Jihee a creepy smile, with his teeth showing when he saw her. Sometimes he comes out from nowhere and freaking out Jihee with his derp face. Father said I always playing around with him when I was a little, but I don’t know why I don’t remember a tiny memory about him, and he is totally not my ideal types! She threw herself to the bed. Nothing of his profile on my ideal types checklist, beside his height actually.

Meanwhile in the living room…

            “You know my motto, right? I’ll do everything at once. So tell me when is the exact date for your wedding, and I’ll prepare this all.”

            “Sajangnim, but I don’t think Jihee wants…”

            “Don’t be like that. I know you love her so much, I think this is the best way so she could regain her memories, and especially about you. I know you feel hurt, but avoiding her isn’t good too. Putting her on your side is the best choice. Since your parents leaving you with me for such a long time… so you won’t say no, right?”

            Almost forgot that he was like my own father for 10 years already…

            “Lee Sajang… I mean a-appa. Isn’t it a bit too fast?”

            “No. So, I think we see the point already. The wedding will be held on this week, after that, you two can use the apartment on the city that I already prepared and move in there. I’m going to leave Korea soon to London after everything right on their place. I’ll seduce my daughter to agree this, and tomorrow you both can go to search for the dress and ring!” said Lee Jiwook with final tone. Chanyeol couldn’t help, but he must agree with this all.

            Since he has no parents or siblings anymore, so everything is on Sajangnim’s hand.

 

 

            “Jihee, are you sleeping?” asked his father, knocked the door.

            “I’m not. I’m upset.” Jihee said, loud enough so her father can hear it.

            “Jihee, you love me, don’t you?”

            Jihee sighed. That sentence is her father’s gun to shoot her. She got up from her bed and walked lazily to open the door.

            Her father went in and tailed Jihee who walked back to her bed. He sat on the edge of her bed. “Jihee, all this time I already tried to understand you. Could you give me your angelic heart to try understanding me?”

            “But why must Park Chanyeol, appa?”

            “You hate him?”

            “N-no I don't hate him, but he is just... I don’t find his profile on my ideal type’s checklist.”

            “But I found a lot thing about him that make me sure he will be a good husband for you, you just don’t know yet.” He ruffled Jihee’s hair.

            “But…”

            “No buts, I’m leaving Korea soon after your wedding, for the healthy treatment in London. Now go to sleep, tomorrow he will pick you up to search the bride gown and rings.” He kissed Jihee’s forehead.

            “It’s time for you to grown up and being an adult. Trust me, love will grow without you realized.” He turned off the lamp.

            “Appa?”

            “Yes?”

            “You know I love you more than anything, right?”

            “Of course.”

            “I will do anything just for you, appa. So I can see your smile.”

            “It’s good to hear, then. Good night, sweetheart.”

            “Good night.” He closed the door.

 


► Hello guys! The first chapter is up~ What do you think? LOL this is very short right ㅠㅠ

But I hope you enjoy this <3 I'm going to make a lot fluff in this fanfic tbh so~ It's like I'm going to let your 'imagine' go wild xD

15 subscribers just for the foreword omg thank you for the support! don't forget to drop the comment okay? And tell me what do you think about the next chapter will be! Good night!