Chapter 1

In Pitch Darkness

A beautiful fingure stood beside the window, gazing at a faraway place. The playful winds flirted with the strands of her hair and she blended into the scene like the highlight of a beautiful picture. 

 

A lanky man stood behind her, watching every movement of hers with caution in his eyes. Sighing deeply, he called out to her, tenderness visible in his voice. 

 

"Sica~ Time for lunch." 

 

The girl turned back to face him. She was indeed a real stunner, with delicate features intrinsicly carved onto her egg-shaped face and wavy beige curls that framed her beautiful face. Anyone would be stunned by her unembellished beauty, till they looked into her eyes. 

 

Her eyes. They seemed absolutely normal at first glance, but if you had looked at them closer, you would have seen the lifeless countenance displayed in them. 

 

She was deprived of seeing the beautiful things in the world. 

 

She was blind. 

 

"But I'm  not hungry, Heechul oppa. Can we have lunch a few hours later?" The girl called Jessica replied, her eyes boring into nowhere. Heechul's heart felt tight. His little sister wasn't like that. Damn that guy who broke up with her 2 weeks back. He was so nice, so caring, and so sweet to her that even Heechul himself fell into his trap. In the end, the perfect relationship turned out to be nothing but a hoax. Jessica was merely a tool for the guy to break up with his clingy girlfriend. He had never liked Jessica, nevertheless loved her, hence, he certainly had the audacity to break her heart to his heart's content. 

 

"Jessica, you need to eat," Heechul commanded, but it sounded more like a plea than an order. 

 

"It doesn't really matter whether I'm alive or not, isn't it? I mean, I'm blind. Nobody likes a blind girl. I jus-" Jessica began weeping before she could finish her sentence. She had poured out her heart to her ex-boyfriend, and he had responded to it, though less lovingly. She thought he wasn't ready, but she had never expected everything to be just a lie. 

 

Heechul exited the room quietly, leaving Jessica to cry in the room alone. Perhaps it was the best for her to seek professional help. 

 

Fishing out his phone, Heechul punched in a string of numbers and was soon put on hold. 

 

"Yobeseyo?" A husky voice said. 

 

"Donghae ahh, please please do me a favour. Help me sister, please." 

 

"Arroussou. That's my job and I'd be more than glad to help you." 

 

Heechul fought back the tears that were b in his eyes. It hurted to see his beloved sister being so devastated, yet he couldn't do anything to help her. 

 

"Please... Let Doghae turn her into a happy girl again..." prayed Heechul silently in his heart.