Karaoke

Meant 2 Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandy’s POV


I was on my way home from school when my phone rang. Thankfully I was near a parking lot so I decided to stop there to answer the call. When I checked who was calling, it was Bom.

“Bom…” I answered.

“Hi Sandy, where are you? Are you busy?” she sounded excited.

“I’m on my way home. Why? What’s up?”

“Can we meet? Please…”

“Why? What’s going on? Are you okay?” is she in trouble?"

“I’ll explain here. Trust me okay. You’re not going to get in any trouble”. Now I can tell Bom is smiling while asking me. She even sounded giddy.

“Fine, where are you?”

 

---------------------------------------------- 

 

Bom told me where. The place was sort of a restaurant slash karaoke bar. A service crew asked me how he can help me and I told him the room number Bom gave.

He showed me inside and led me to the corner room then pointed to the door, “Thanks.”

 

“Sandy!” Bom squealed as soon as she saw me when I opened the door. ”You came. I thought you’ll call back and decide not to come. I’m so glad!”

 

I noticed about five other people inside the room. I smiled at them and then whispered to Bom.

 

“So… why did you ask me here?”

“Come…” she grabbed my hand and led me to the middle of the room.

“Guys, this is Sandy. Sandy this is Yong Bae, my boyfriend. Then there’s Teddy, Kush, Gummy and Jan Di.” They each raised a hand or smiled as Bom was introducing them.

“Hi! Nice to meet all of you.”  I said and bowed.

“Take a seat.” Yong Bae said.

 


Gummy started singing again while the others cheered. Bom pulled me to a seat near Yong Bae and then sat in between us.

“He’s late,” Yong Bae said while looking at his watch.

“You know him, when did he ever came on time when we meet out?” Teddy answered and laughed with Kush.

I nudge Bom and whispered.

”Why am I really here?”

”Don’t be mad, ok? Remember that one time we talked and I told you about Yong Bae’s friends…” Bom didn’t finish the sentence.

“You set me up?” I said eyes wide.

“And apparently he’s late. He’s not giving you a good first impression. Anyway, let’s order first.” Bom said. “What do you want to have?”

“Just soda, thank you.”

“You’re not mad or irritated at me?” she asked slowly.

“Do you want me to be?” I teased.

“No, of course not. It’s just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter