Happy Birthday, Cho Kyuhyun

A Gift From Above

 

“What are we doing here, Siwon?”

“You’ll see”

That’s the only answer I give him before stepping out of the car and walking to open Kyuhyun’s door for him. When he gets out of the car, my eyes glue on him. This pouting boy never fails to amaze me. He looks even more beautiful each day. His pout is the most adorable thing that I sometimes intentionally to see it.

His eyes narrow in confusion since I’m staring at him like a fool. Of course he knows I’m totally whipped when it comes to him, but he’s still so shy about it. He pinches my nose to get my attention back and I grin at him before kissing his knuckles.

We’re now standing in front of Kyuhyun’s home. I have something important to say to his mother and that’s why I dragged him to his house today. I know he wants to know what we are doing here as I can feel his curiosity even if he’s not saying anything.

When he unlocks the door and we head to the living room, hand in hand obviously, Mrs Cho, or eomeonim since she doesn’t like me to be formal with her, is getting down the stairs. I can see her wide smile upon seeing her son, and when I turn to look at Kyuhyun, he has the same smile plastered on his face. Being an idol is really hard and doesn’t give us a lot of time to see our families that much.

Anyway, she comes toward us and hugs her son first, telling him how much she misses him and asking about his health, then she turns to me and crashes me into her embrace as well. I’m so happy that she didn’t disapprove of my relationship with Kyuhyun. When we first told her we’re dating, she looked into my eyes for a couple of minutes not saying anything, but then she blurt out ‘You love him’. Not as a question but as a fact. I’m forever thankful to her especially since she also helped us get Mr.Cho’s permission.

So after we sat on the couch, me and eomeonim on either side while sandwiching Kyuhyun between us, I pick up a small box from my pocket and give it to her. Kyuhyun squints his eyes, looking at me in more confusion, but once again I only smile at him. His sight then shifts to the box as his mother is opening it and then his mouth falls agape when he catches on the flower shaped diamond brooch, with a sapphire blue jeweler in the middle.

They both snap their head in my direction but the grin never leaves my face. I know they’re wondering what’s the occasion but since their tongues are tied, I clarify.

“It’s Kyuhyun’s birthday today” I simply say but it clearly doesn’t answer their questions since their eyebrows are now knit together.

“So, shouldn’t I be the one getting a present?” Kyuhyun finally manages to ask. I hold his hand in mine, rubbing its back with my thumb before explaining.

“Well, who brought you to this life?”

“Mom”

“Uh-huh, and who raised you to be the fine man you are today?”

“Mom”

“Uh-huh, and who helped through the years and supported you until you became a famous singer?”

“…” He kind of stopped answering since it was obvious, but he’s giving me an annoyed look nonetheless.

“Who gave you these perfect features and this cute little face?” I poke his cheek with my index finger as if proving my point.

“God?” I lightly pinch the cheek I’m poking and it earns me another pout.

“I already went to church this morning to thank him”

He let go of my hand and cross his arms over his chest. I can’t help not to laugh at his childish side.

“And so because of you mother I met you and fell in love with you. Because of her you’re the center of my life right now”

Eomeonim coos at me and reaches to hold my hands. She widely smiles at me before pulling me into her embrace, not really minding how Kyuhyun is sulking right now as he’s stuck in the middle between us.

“How sweet of you Siwon-ah. Thank you, it’s really beautiful” She thanks me and I can see Kyuhyun still sulking from the corner of my eye. He let his back slumps on the couch, while I keep chatting with his mother.

“It’s nothing Eomeonim. Thank you for giving me Kyuhyun”

I let my hand rub his thigh and I can feel him relaxing a bit. My gaze meet his and his pout soon turns into a shy smile. His hand clenches mine and I can’t help but drown into his touch once again.

“How about my dad? He has a part in this too, you know” He states while titling his head to one side cutely which only makes me laugh. Then I pull out another box from the inside of my jacket and hands it to Eomeonim.

“Here you go”

She accepts it with a surprised look on her face. I only smile at her and motion for her to open it. I can see the curious look back on Kyuhyun’s face as he sneaks his head over his mother’s shoulder to see what the box contains.

“Omo, it’s a beautiful tie”

“I didn’t know if I should bring him something expensive because I didn’t want him to be offended”

“It’s his favorite color. I’m sure he’s gonna love it”

Kyuhyun looks at me, clearly touched but he soon bends his head low and stares at his lap instead. I know he’s trying to hide his blush but before I can comment on it, he looks at me again and says.

“Shouldn’t you give it to him yourself?”

I nervously shift in my seat upon hearing that question. It’s not like I have something against Kyuhyun’s father, but we ran into a little incident the other day, and I don’t know how to face him yet.

“Baby, remember last week?” I suggestively look at him, trying to make him understand what I’m talking about.

He looks confused at first, narrowing his eyes and trying to figure out what I’m talking about. However, when he finally realizes it, his eyes grow in size and his mouth forms an O.

Flash Back:
Last week I had a call from Kyuhyun saying he tripped on the stairs when he was visiting his parents and so he can’t come home tonight. I, being the protective boyfriend, of course had to go see him.

Once my schedule was over, I rushed to his house and impatiently knocked until the ajhuma opened the door. She told me that Mr and Mrs Cho are out for an appointment and that young master is in his room. How cute is that name? It strangely fits Kyuhyun… well maybe I should try using it in bed.

Anyway, I headed to the stairs and after knocking a couple of times, being the gentleman I am, I stepped inside to find my baby lying on his bed with one leg resting on a pillow and a PSP in hand.

In a blink of an eye I was sitting next to him on the edge of the bed, my hands cupping his cheeks and worriedly staring at him.

“Are you okay, baby?”

He was clearly happy that I was there because even though he has a surprised look on his face, still there was a wide grin on his lips.

“I’m fine, Siwonnie. You didn’t have to come”

His tone was definitely saying the opposite though. I placed a soft kiss on his lips before turning to the other side to inspect his sprained ankle.

“Does it hurt?” I looked at him again and asked. His face was blushing but he nodded and held my hands in his.

“The doctor gave me some painkillers. Don’t worry, it will be okay in a couple of days” I wanted to believe that but his ankle was swollen and I was afraid it was more serious.

Kyuhyun noticed the mixed expression on my face and pulled me from the collar so our lips would touch. We kissed slowly at first, just lips brushing but then it got more heated up. His hand on my collar tightened and he pulled me to lie on the bed above him.

I tried to be careful not to hurt his ankle and so my legs were spread to avoid any contact with his injured one. His hands wrapped around my neck, deepening the kiss and letting his tongue roam my mouth and I moaned when I could feel our members acting out from the pleasure.

When we ended the kiss to breathe, I started kissing his neck and collarbone, emitting different groans from him. My hands slid under his pajama shirt, freely mapping out the milky skin before stopping on his waistband.

I kneeled on four with my face above his crotch. I planted wet kisses on his navel and belly button while my hands were working on undressing him. However, or luckily, before I could drag them down, someone entered the room and a loud gasp was heard.

When I turned my face to see who it was, I was so shocked to see Kyuhyun’s father standing at the entrance with a pale face and looked like he was about to faint. I quickly jumped out of bed with a burning face. I tried to open my mouth to explain but no words would come out. I looked over at Kyuhyun who was looking red as a tomato while his arms were protectively wrapped over his chest, and when I finally managed to have the will to speak, Mr.Cho stormed out of the room and even closed the door behind him. Was he expecting us to continue what we were doing?

Anyway, I walked back to Kyu and his eyes were bulging out. It took me half an hour to calm him down and when he finally did, of course he kicked me out.

“Oh!”

Kyuhyun exclaims and his face turns red again from remembering the embarrassment of that day. His mother just giggles as she clearly knows what we’re talking about.

“Anyway, Eomeonim. Thank you for giving me Kyuhyun. Thank you for turning him the way he is today”

I try to change the subject by focusing on the reason I’m here. Kyuhyun tsks and rolls his eyes at me. I know he thinks I’m being cheesy but I know he likes that side of me.

...

When we’re sitting in the car, ready to head back to our apartment, Kyuhyun stretches out his palm for me…

“What?” I ask confused.

“You know what today is”

“I do” I know what he’s talking about now but I still act oblivious. Like I said, I like teasing him so I can watch him pout.

“So?”

“So?”

He irritatingly averts his gaze to the window with a deep pout on his face. I like my spoiled maknae but he’s too irresistible that I always give în to him soon after I pick up on him.

I open the car’s cabinet in front of him and take out a small velvet box. I can see him trying to peek from the corner of his eye but when I look at him he quickly turns his head away.

I put the box on his lap and watch how his eyes wander from the thing on his lap to me, seeing how I widely smile at him, before looking back at his lap again. He slowly opens the box and soon his face expression lit up with surprise mixed with joy.

It’s a ring. I know it’s a big step and I know I can’t propose to him properly right now considering our careers, but I want him to know that I’m serious about him, about our relationship and about our future.

Kyuhyun snaps his head to the side, looking at me with mouth slightly agape. I try to read what his eyes are telling me but his orbs are unfocused as they move from one side of my eyes to the other.

“Before you freak out, yes it’s an engagement ring, and no I’m not proposing right now. I’ll do that another day”

I explain in a determined tone so he won’t get scared or reject me right away.

“So why give it to me now?” He finally manages to utter as his hand is still firmly clutching on the box.

“To let you know that I’m serious and that I want to marry you someday. That you’re the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with”

I confess while looking straight into his brown orbs which are soon blurring out with tears. I raise one hand to cup his cheek, ready to wipe away the teardrops if he cries. The other one puts away some strands of hair behind his ear before resting on his thigh.

His sight wanders again to the silver ring, his thumb tracing it with so much care. He slowly takes it out and reads the words engraved on the inside. ‘A Gift From Above’  and next to it ‘♥ K’, and soon I can see a smile gracing those beautiful lips which leads to my dimple smile to appear as well.

“Can I?”

He looks at me questionably and as I point to the ring, he frantically nods. I take it out of his hand, with a slight pull as he seems not willing to let it go, then I put it on his ring finger. I can soon see a teardrop falling on my hand and when I look at him, my baby is crying and I know that it’s from happiness.

“I love you, Siwon” My heart is fluttering from excitement when I hear those words that I can never get tired of. I lean down and capture his lips, kissing him gently before pulling away and grinning like a fool.

“I love you too, baby” I whisper against his lips and I can feel his arms wrapping around my neck and pulling me closer to him.

“Best birthday ever” He whispers back with a shy smile that leaves me mesmerized. I know I’m doing the right thing, and I know Kyuhyun is the one for me.

“Thank you”

“For what?”

“For coming into my life” I sincerely state, leading to a deep blush to appear on his face.  I kiss him again, passionately this time, and I smirk when he moans into my mouth, only to earn me a pinch on the chest.

“Happy birthday, Cho Kyuhyun”

“I still need my other gift” Kyuhyun exclaims and I narrow my eyes in confusion.

His hand starts caressing my cheek, while his gaze lustfully meets mine before he huskily whispers a centimeter away from my lips.

“You.Me.Bed... Does it ring a bell?”

I don’t waste any time in detaching myself from his embrace, well after pressing a wet kiss on his lips, then turn on the engine. It’s really rare for Kyuhyun to initiate such thing and so I should seize this chance. Besides, it’s his birthday and it’s my obligation to take care of him, right?

 


- end -