My Friends Are Gay -- I Mean Geeks

THE GEEK SQUAD - HIATUS

A/N: Please note that they are not in Korea. They go to a public school in America, so they're speaking with English slang lol.

Please enjoy (^-^) Thanks for subscribing!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

After school, we were in our little computer lab working on the school's Prom posters.

"What?!? She still reads our paper?" Chanyeol asked astonished.

"Yeah, dude. She wore blue socks today." I explained.

"Ah, told you guys blue socks were the new trend." Baekhyun said, for he was the one who came up with the idea.

"We probably only have half the school who read our paper." Chanyeol began. "And out of all those people, the only person who wore blue socks was Mina? Wahh. Mind blown." Chanyeol said amazed.

"Are you sure it wasn't just a coincidence?" Baekhyun asked.

"I don't think it was a coincidence. The socks didn't even match what she was wearing!"

"Hmm. Interesting." Chanyeol massaged his chin. "Maybe it's cuz she misses us."

"Pshh, why would you think that?" I asked.

"I don't know anyone else who wore blue socks today." Chanyeol looked at everyone's feet after he said this. "You guys aren't even wearing blue socks!"

"I forgot okay." Baekhyun whined.

"My point is, why else would the most popular, beautiful girl in school read our paper? No on else reads it in her clique, that's for sure. And plus, none of the junk we put in there is interesting at all."

"Hey!" Baekhyun said offended.

"She read last my article and said it was interesting." I told him.

"The one about soggy fries? She found that one interesting?" Chanyeol shook his head. "To be honest man, that one ."

"Hey, she found it interesting." I exclaimed.

"Nah, I don't think she did. I bet she's just saying that." Chanyeol said. "Bottom line is, she wants to join us again. I know it."

Chanyeol thought he was "Mr. Know It All" until I proved him wrong again.

"No, she doesn't."

"How do you know?"

"'Because I asked her." I said.  "Well, not asked but told her before I left the office today." Chanyeol and Baekhyun both looked at me.

"What did you say?" Baekhyun asked.

"I told her that she should really think about joining the Geek Squad again."

"What?! Why did you say that?! There's no way!! Chen! Are you crazy?!" Chanyeol said loudly, getting up from his seat.

"What?! You're the one arguing that said that she wants to come back! Remember the conversation we just had five seconds ago?" I snapped at him.

Chanyeol was just a clueless, 6 foot tall, nut.

"Oh, yeah. I did say that didn't I." He sat back down. "Continue, I'll shut up." Chanyeol shrunk in his seat.

"Anyway, so yeah. That's all I said."

"What did she say?" Baekhyun asked.

"Nothing. Her face just totally changed." I remembered how different and beautiful she looked. It wasn't like I was looking at Mina at all. She was so different.

"Hmm. Maybe Channie's right." Baekhyun began. "Maybe she does miss us."

"You think so?" I smiled.

"Well it makes sense. Why else would she read our stuff? No one like her chooses to read our stuff." Baekhyun explained.

I thought about it. Maybe he's right.

"Can you imagine how great it would be if she did come back?" Baekhyun said. "We'd be selling papers like crazy! The school would love us again! With all four members, the Geek Squad would be complete! And if she chose to hang out with us after school, we could play Super Smash Bro's again!"

"Dude, she always kicked your in that game." Chanyeol said.

"I know. But I miss it," he said innocently. "Ooo, we can go to Comic Con together as well!!" Baekhyun jumped in his seat.

"Don't get your hopes up too high." I said. "Have you seen her? She's a whole new person. She's nothing like she was before. She might not even be into that kind of stuff anymore." Baekhyun's smile faded away. 

I thought about it. If Mina did come back, would it be the same? Would she still have a liking for comics? Would she even dare to pick up a game controller again? All these thoughts popped into my head. I know she had changed externally, but I wondered about the inside. Had she changed much since her transformation?

She probably did since she's a cheerleader and is into all those girly/lady like stuff now. Probably listens to One Direction and watches chick flicks like The Secret Life of the American Teenager or Gossip Girl. I cringed inside. If her interests were totally different from before, then there was no point in recruiting her back at all.

There was a high possibility that she wasn't a geek anymore. That part of her must have died long ago. But, then again, maybe she still was a geek inside.

 I guess there are some things you'll never know.

I shook my head at the thought and continued on working on my poster. Each of us had to come up with different posters to hang around the school for prom. The theme was Today Was A Fairytale. These were the times when I wished we had a girl in our team responsible for designing the posters. It was a good thing we had Baekhyun though. He had the best poster out of all of us. He seemed to know what he was doing. I just threw on whatever on mine, not giving a chiz. My stomach grumbled once the clock striked 6:00.

"How 'bout we call it a day and get something to eat."

"Hold on! I'm almost done!" Baekhyun said looking intently at the screen. I looked over at Chanyeol who fell asleep on the keyboard. I took out my camera, realizing I hadn't used it yet, and snapped a photo of him. The flash woke him up.

"AH! You know I have sensitive eyes!" He rubbed his eyes under those thick-rimmed glasses.

"Okay I'm done. Let's go get something to eat." Baekhyun said.

"Wow, Baekhyun, your poster looks awesome." Chanyeol said looking over his shoulder.

"You think so?" He blushed.

"Yeah, it's-" Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol. "It's beautiful." Chanyeol breathed out as the two met eyes. I thought it was sick how they had their faces close to each other like that. They did it all the time and always seemed so chill about it. Even times when Chanyeol tickled Baekhyun's neck, he didn't seem to mind. I've always wondered about those two. Whether they were gay or not.

I couldn't believe they were still looking at each other like that. Ew.

"Come on love birds--I mean, let's go guys."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

tumblr_mcthwlmtV81qfrurk.jpg74737_563451257004987_947203477_n.jpg

Please leave comment! ^^