Trip in the City

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER XI
TRIP IN THE CITY

Sulli

I woke up when my bedside phone rang.

“Good morning Ssul, sorry to wake you up early but I just want to tell you that the others and I are leaving in an hour,” I heard Siwon’s voice in the other line, “I’ve arrange a breakfast table for the three of you at the hotel restaurant at seven, I already informed Onew and Minho about it, I’ll just meet you there after the convention.”

When I arrived downstairs for breakfast, Onew and Minho are already eating, “sorry Ssul, I’m really hungry, I hope you don’t mind.” I said it’s okay if they started eating without me. After breakfast I ask what they want to do since we have the entire day for ourselves.

“Siwon said he asked the hotel to get us someone to tour us around the city.” Sometimes I am beginning to hate him for always taking care of everything. I pulled out my cell and called the hotel concierge, I asked them to cancel Siwon’s request for the tour guide. When I hang up the phone, both of them were very surprised to what I just did.

“How do you think we can go around the city without a guide?” Onew asked me.

“I always wanted to tour this city without a guide, they always limit you to places and they’re really boring.” I said. “We go around the city by riding the subway, I’m sure that would be fun.” I look at them with pleading eyes, eventually both of then agreed to it. I texted Siwon telling him that I canceled his tour guide request and promise to let him know where we are from time to time. After a couple of minute, I received his reply.

“FINE. JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE ALWAYS.”

There are many people at Central Park. Minho and Onew manage to find a group of young British kid to play frisbee with. I watched my friends crushed their opponents with a win. When Minho went to buy drinks to a nearby store, One sat down beside me on the grass, “Thank you for cancelling the tour guide, bet we wouldn’t have fun like this if we just sat in the car whole morning and listen to someone telling us this and that.” We laughed at the thought of it, then he turned serious again and said, “thank you for making him smile again,” before I could even why is he thanking me we saw Minho walking towards us. He handed us both a bottle of water and sat beside Onew. Onew stretched his arms and lay back on the grass, Minho and I looked at each other and did the same. The three of us just lay there our back at Central Park while watching the sky, I felt really relaxed and comfortable doing this, as if we’re not in the middle of a busy city like New York.

“I hate to tell you but I think we should buy you guys a shirt so you can change before you get sick.” We found the only store at the area who sold and I heart New York shirt, he bought one for himself and four more for the others at the convention. When it was our turn to buy, there are only two shirts left on the rack. Minho took both of the shirts and paid for it at the counter. After paying, he handed me a bag, when I looked inside, I saw an I heart New York shirt. While Minho was inside the changing room, Onew said I should change too, just for fun.  I thought it’s funny for the three of us to wear identical shirts so I change I went inside and change. When I came out, I saw Onew wearing a black I heart NY shirt while Minho and I have the same white shirt. Before I could even say something, Onew pulled me over so that the lady can take a picture of the three of us. After spending the whole morning at Central Park, the three of us are already starving. One of the locals we talked to recommended Big Nick’s Burger and Pizza at 71st.

When head down to Lexington Station to ride the subway, it’s not rush hour but there are still many people waiting for the train. Onew went ahead while I followed Minho, when the train arrived, I was pushed back and forth by the crowd but someone hold my hand very tightly, When I looked up I saw Minho, “don’t let go,” he said. I stood still for a few seconds until he pulled me towards his direction. We were finally inside and I saw Onew a few feet away from us, he signals us to meet him outside the platform when we arrive at 71st Station. During the train ride, Minho and I stood face to face, his left hold on a metal railing above for support while his right never let go of my hand.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, sorry for insisting to ride the train.”

“It’s okay; let’s just take a cab when we go back to the hotel.”

Our closeness was making my head spin, my heart started to beat like crazy, but good thing we arrived at the station before my face could even turn red.”

“Hold tight, I don’t want to lose you,” almost a whisper while he led me out of the train. Air finally. I can almost feel my heartbeat getting back to normal. When Onew called us, Minho gingerly let go of my hand, I don’t know if Onew saw it but he didn’t mention it anyway.

 

Time was very fast for us that afternoon, after a hearty meal of pizza, burger and fries; we went to Ellis Island to see the Statue of Liberty up close. It’s already three in the afternoon and we should head back to the hotel, New York traffic is very unpredictable.

At five o’clock, the three of us went down to Marriott Hotel for the show, when we arrived we were greeted by the Abie’s mom and the director. We were introduced to so many people, by the time we finished, I was taken hurriedly by one of the PD’s so I can change and put on the make-up. Two more hours before the show and Siwon is still not here, Onew came up to me and said, “Ssul, Siwon just called, he said he can’t make it in time, he’s asking Minho to take his place for the show.” I felt like a bucket of ice cold water was thrown into my face, I don’t want to disappoint Abie; her dream here is at stake. “Is it okay for Minho?” standing up on.

“Well I was thinking if you could be the one to ask him, maybe he’ll say yes,” he said looking guilty.

“Alright, where is he?”

“He’s outside, front row.” I hurriedly went to find Minho; if he’s doing this we should prepare him fast. Siwon and I supposedly will walk in the final part of the show; Abie said that we’ll be the one modeling her special pieces for the collection. I myself haven’t seen the cloths yet, but I trust Abie and I’m sure there wouldn’t be problems with the measurements.

I found Minho sitting at the front row, when I sat beside him he ask if everything’s okay because Onew just stormed out and left without telling a word.

“Minho, I need to ask you a huge favor.”

“What is it?”

“Can you please walk on the runway with me?”

 

 

***Hope you like this one, I'm starting to put up more minsul moments in every chapter, I really hope you like it.***