Sequel: Part 1

Through My Window;

 

Well, here's the requested sequel...? sob

On a side note, beware of abundant usage of brackets in this story ;_; So there's two parts because I'm a stupid author who doesn't come up with plots and therefore write whatever that comes to mind which also beholds a risk to have long and stupid unnecessary information.

 

PART 1

"You're so hard to read! Although I swear trying to read the owner of your previous bedroom is even harder."

 

---

 

So Myungsoo was right about how he doesn't talk a lot. When he sits in his room checking his camera (probably checking if the pictures he took were alright), we do exchange a glance and a smile, but other than that, there's really nothing. He doesn't open his window, and really, most of the times he's outside (taking pictures, I assume), and only in his room at night.

 

He has a younger brother, who seems much livelier when compared to Myungsoo. He waves when he sees me and calls 'noona' really loudly even though we're the same age. We go to the same school, in the same class even, and Moonsoo (Myungsoo's brother) takes the seat of former classmate slash neighbour, Oh Sehun. So of course, I'm closer to Moonsoo than to Myungsoo, because well, we're of the same age, we see each other five times a day, at least, and are bound to have things to talk about since we're in the same class as well.

 

While on the other hand, although I do see Myungsoo every single day, we don't exchange conversations. Thank goodness he gave me the heads up, or I'd think he was a mute.

 

So to be honest, in my opinion, even when Myungsoo is the first person I see every morning when I pull up my blinds and look out the window (I have to, really, not much of a choice), somehow it still feels like he's not really there.

 

---

 

"So, Moonsoo, how's the new area and new school for these past three weeks?"

 

"Great! There's so many nice people here, and it's more relaxing here in this town."

 

"Glad to hear you like it. How's Myungsoo?"

 

He splutters in the middle of drinking his water, and I give him a look.

 

"You're asking about my brother? But you guys live next to each other, only with the separation of two glass windows! Oh wait, don't tell me, you guys don't talk. Because wow, I forgot he hardly talks to anyone, ever."

 

I laugh at how dramatic he is.

 

"Does he talk to you?"

 

"Of course. He only talks to his family and close friends. There's always a lot going on in his mind, and he doesn't feel like talking most of the time. It's normal."

 

"So he only talks to other people when he's excited...?" I recall the first day of our meeting.

 

"Something like that. Or when he feels very comfortable with that someone, he'll just start blabbering everything. People get the impression that he's really quiet, but when you know him well, you'll think otherwise. Okay, I think I'm revealing too much... right?"

 

I shrug, and continue munching on my kimbap.

 

---

 

That evening, I came home to find a yellow note taped to my window.

 

"You have any permanant marker pens? Mine ran out of ink and I'm too lazy to go out to buy new ones, heh."

 

I shake my head as I skim through the note, then fumble through my box of stationery for all the marker pens I have. Myungsoo isn't in his room at the moment, probably having dinner, but his window was open, as if waiting for me to toss the pens in his room or something.

 

I place the pens in a cup and clip the edge of the cup to this string that connects from my window to his (Chanyeol and I did that so we could pass each other stuff when we're not around at the same time) with a wooden peg, and I continuously pull the string until the plastic cup reaches the other side.

 

Before Chanyeol and I decided to use sticky notes (and tape because sometimes they don't stick too well), we used to clip our messages on the string (yes, we didn't have mobile phones then, we were kids) when either one of us was away. It didn't work all too well because Chanyeol wouldn't clip them properly and they would drop. We couldn't afford sneaking some pegs into the trolley whenever one of us went out anymore, so I suggested using sticky notes, since I had tons of them (I don't even know why) and it wasn't all too hard to stick a note on the other person's window. You just need to stretch your arm a little and be careful not too fall.

 

I thought of Chanyeol again, and I missed how he would make me laugh all the time when I was down, or listen to me when I need to spill my feelings out. I did the same for him, we were there to encourage each other. I liked him as a close friend, and he was like my brother, seeing how I didn't have any siblings. He was an awesome friend, as well as a great neighbour.

 

In the middle of my nostalgia, Myungsoo seemed to have finished dinner and he came back to his room, which I didn't notice until he spoke up.

 

"Why are you staring into space and smiling like an idiot?"

 

I looked up, somewhat surprised and could only turn away to hide my embarrassment.

 

"You just had to be so straightforward, huh. Well, I do think of a lot of things."

 

"Then I'll leave you to thinking and reflecting. Thanks for the markers."

 

"You're welcome. By the way," I turn to him. "Someone's decided to talk, I see."

 

It was then when I realized he had already closed the window and I was talking to myself.

 

"Well, supposedly wise people don't talk much." (but then again, maybe Myungsoo wasn't wise at all), I mumble to myself and proceed to finish my schoolwork.

 

---

 

"Oh my God. Kim Myungsoo, what the-"

 

I woke up this morning and pulled up my blinds, only to be greeted by polaroid films of different places in town stuck to my bedroom window. At the bottom of the films, there was a sticky note, that said thanks, and I realized that the markers and the cup were back at my window.

 

I grin and remove everything from my window, storing it into a box full of Chanyeol and Sehun's previous notes.

 

It was the last day of school for the semester, and I couldn't help feeling a little happy inside. I had made plans to remix a few recent hits, although Chanyeol wasn't here to listen to them, neither is Sehun here to dance along to them, but of course, I can still send them to him, since I have his number. I don't know if Myungsoo is into these kind of things.

 

Happily, I skip to Moonsoo's house, now car pooling him, since well, we're in the same class. I ask about Myungsoo's whereabouts because he wasn't in his room earlier. Moonsoo states that he doesn't know anything and rants about how he's probably still in his room but he's wearing black clothes so you can't really see that he's there. I just stare at him, wondering what Myungsoo really is like.

 

There were a lot of students crowding around someone I couldn't really see, but I saw the tip of his blonde hair, and pulled Moonsoo along with me to see what the commotion was about.

 

"How is the new school?"

 

"Are there lots of hot girls?"

 

"Why did it took so long for you to come back and visit?"

 

"Did you just sprained your leg?"

 

Everyone was shouting questions, and I could only tiptoe and try to see whoever who's standing in the middle over these hovering heads of other students. I gave up after a few tries of tiptoeing (man, it being short, I remember when Chanyeol towered over me), so I poked Moonsoo in the side and told him to take a look at the name tag of that particular student.

 

"Oh- Oh Se- Oh Se-something, I can't see the name, damn you, turn around!" He said in a hushed voice, but loud enough for me to hear.

 

My heart drops a little, because Sehun didn't inform me that he wasn't coming. He didn't say anything at all, it was as if he didn't want to see me, that's why he wouldn't tell me when he would come back to visit. I pull Moonsoo away from the crowd, ignoring his pestering questions about what's wrong, and drag my feet to the classroom.

 

"Hey idiot." Someone shouted along the corridor and I stopped in my tracks, Moonsoo who was slightly in front of me also slowed his pace to turn around.

 

Moonsoo glances at me, and I understand why he was trying to say when we make eye contact, and I tell him to go ahead, so he leaves me standing with my back faced towards that particular someone. He decides to continue talking when I stand there in silence.

 

"I came back for you, and you just walk away like that? Rude."

 

I hear his footsteps nearing me, and a while after that I see his shadow, his body shading me from the sun, and I stare at his silhouette on the ground.

 

"Hey, don't ignore me. I'm sorry, okay, don't be angry anymore." He nudges me lightly on the arm.

 

"I'm not angry, Sehun. I'm not upset either. I'm disappointed, because you never tell me anything. I send you long texts asking about you every week, and that is because I know how busy you are or not I'd do it everyday. I asked for your schedule so I'd know when you were free and when you were not, but you don't give it to me. But that's fine. Replying me shorts texts is fine too, I understand you're busy. You don't tell me if you're fine at school, if anyone is treating you badly there, if you injured yourself. I have to wait for others to gossip or talk about in class, only will I receive such news. Am I considered your friend, Sehun?"

 

I don't cry, because I don't cry in front of Sehun. Neither do I let any of my tears drop in this school.

 

"I didn't want you to worry, I mean you have your own life now, and I have mine. And trust me when I say I didn't mean for you to think it that way."

 

"So you're putting me out of your life? So maybe all along I was wrong thinking that we're friends? So we're just once neighbours?"

 

"I came back. Because I couldn't put you out. Dancing school makes me so stressed out, really, because everyone is so competitive and everyone makes fun of you when you're not good enough or not par up to their standard, I just hate it so much I just can't put it all in one text message or even in a phone call. Then I realize that you're really the only person who would hear me out, so I came back. And also because I missed you, but we can put that aside."

 

I turn to look at Sehun, trying to see through that expressionless face he is putting up again.

 

"Sometimes I just don't get you." I sigh. "You're so hard to read! Although I swear trying to read the owner of your previous bedroom is even harder."

 

"Am I forgiven?" His expression doesn't change.

 

"Yes."

 

His eyes crinkle and he smiles.

 

"So was that your neighbour?" He points to where Moonsoo was standing before.

 

"Yeah, but he isn't the one with the problem. It's his brother."

 

---

 

The whole class shouted and sped off at the speed of light when the bell that indicated that school had ended rang. Sehun said he would wait at the cafeteria, because he said his mother would pick him up at my house, so well, he had to follow me home.

 

"Uh, Moonsoo, do you think it would be alright if Sehun carpools as well? He's heading to my house. Also, he was the previous owner of your current house."

 

"Oh? Nice to meet you then. I guess it'll be alright since we're heading the same place. I'll take the front seat, so you took sit at the back alright?"

 

"Sorry for the inconvenience." Sehun bows.

 

Moonsoo's car arrives and Moonsoo shouts in shock when he open the front door and sees someone sitting there.

 

"Why are you here?" I see him frowning at who I supposes is Myungsoo.

 

A hand reaches out and closes the door, not saying a word. Moonsoo pouts and takes the back seat instead, Sehun and I following suit. Myungsoo turns around when he spots an extra head coming in the car, and directly asks Moonsoo who he was.

 

"Sehun," I answer for him. "Heading to my house, sorry for the inconvenience."

 

Myungsoo says nothing and turns back, acting as nothing happened.

 

---

 

"Wow, it's been three months." Sehun glances up at Myungsoo's house.

 

"You lived here?" Myungsoo asks.

 

"Yeah, I stayed here before you moved in. You own my previous room, from what I hear." Sehun glances at me.

 

"You left a lot of mix tapes." Myungsoo continues. "Wait here, I'll get them for you."

 

I turn to look at Sehun and I glare as hard as I can.

 

"I'm not going to pretend to be glad now. You didn't bring my mix tapes along? Wow, you ungrateful prick, I heard you used one of mix tapes for the competition and now you leave all of them back here?" I tried to joke, but maybe Sehun took it to heart.

 

"I brought along some, okay? I'm pretty sure I left behind a lot of things."

 

"Here." Myungsoo came back surprisingly fast, but he was sweating a little. I supposed he ran to get them.

 

"Here." Sehun passes them to me instead. "I'll just have your new ones. You still mix beats right, even when I'm not around?"

 

"Oh, you mix them?" Myungsoo asks me, and I notice that he has been talking quite a lot today.

 

"Yeah, I do. You listened to them?" I inquire.

 

He merely nods, and asks if he can have the tapes back.

 

"I like them, I can keep them right?"

 

"Yeah, of course!"

 

Sehun who stands there awkwardly suddenly pipes up.

 

"Why are you guys so awkward? Don't you two talk at all? I mean like, we didn't take a month to be friends!"

 

"Well, that's because my mum forced me to carpool." I retort. "And Myungsoo doesn't really talk on a daily basis."

 

"I do!" He retorts, to my surprise. "I just don't really speak out my thoughts. And there's really so much that can be said, so pictures are always better, because a picture can speak a thousand words."

 

It hits me when I understand the pictures on my window.

 

"Were you trying to tell me something?" I ask Myungsoo, and Sehun looks puzzled.

 

Myungsoo nods, and dismisses himself, bringing the mix tapes with him into the house.

 

"O-kay. I'll just leave that between you two."

 

To be continued.

 

I'm so terribly sorry haha! This was meant to be short and simple but because I wrote this part in two different days, having a long duration gap between, so... well. And I don't have plots, so haih, there's this crap. T_T