Part 02

Paper Airplanes

 

Paper Airplanes: Part 02

 

            Grab. Stamp. Place.

            Chanyeol’s eyes were unmoving, unintentionally staring at the back of Jongin’s head as he stamped his paper work. He was thinking about nothing really, still trying to forget about the stranger he had met at the train station and the long, somewhat, well deserved lecture from his boss for being late this morning. He grabs another piece of paper that was stacked to his right and stamps it before placing it into another pile placed on his left. He then repeats the process.

            Grab. Stamp. Place. Grab. Stamp. Place. Grab. Stamp. Place. Grab…

            Jongin begins to shiver uncomfortably having the feeling that someone’s eyes were piercing through the back of his head, even if it was an unintentional piercing stare. He turns around to face his curly haired co-worker and raises a brow.

            “Chanyeollie?”

            Ignore. Grab. Stamp. Place.

            “Chanyeol?”

            Ignore. Grab. Stamp. Place.

            “Yah, Park Chanyeol.”

            Ignore. Grab. Stamp. Place.

            Jongin begins to twitch slightly in annoyance. Why the hell is Park creepin Chanyeol ignoring the Kim ing Jongin, eh? He closes his eyes and breathes out heavily before waving his hand in front of the other. No response. He finally settles with flicking Chanyeol on the forehead.

            “Wha…? Oh, Jongin, what do you want?” Chanyeol says monotonously while he continues to stamp his paperwork.

            “Why the hell are you staring at the back of my head, huh? You’re giving me the creeps.” He shudders as if he was demonstrating how he felt about Chanyeol’s staring.

            The tall curly haired man only shrugs his shoulders. Jongin clucks his tongue and looks down, “Oh, what’s this?” He leans his head forward and points to a paper that was neatly secluded off to the side of Chanyeol’s desk.

            Chanyeol widens his eyes after following Jongin’s line of sight. It was the one paper that had the stranger’s lips stamped to it. He reaches out for it, “I-it’s nothing!”

            Jongin quickly snatches it off the desk and smirks as he waves it teasingly in front of his co-worker and friend, “Nothing, huh?” Chanyeol glares at him while Jongin resumes his smirk. He then whips the paper in front of him to see, “Aww, there’s even a lip stain on here.” He looks up to Chanyeol with a strange glint in his eye, “What’s the meaning of this Chanyeollie? No…” He pretends to look hurt as he slams the paper onto Chanyeol’s desk, his face mere inches away from the taller, “You’re not cheating on me are you, Chanyeollie?”

            “Cheating?” Chanyeol scoffs and pushes Jongin away which allowed him the chance to take back the lip stained paper, “You’re so stupid, Jongin.”

            “What? I’m not stupid” Jongin whines.

            Chanyeol shakes his head and gently caresses the paper in his hands before laying it nice and neat on top of his desk again, “Yes, you are.” His eyes go back and forth between Jongin and something, well more like someone behind him.

            Jongin’s mouth is open wide and ready to retort something back, but an angry voice interrupts him.

            “Kim Jongin!”

            Jongin immediately closes his mouth and tenses up. He knows that voice all too well. It belonged to the one and only Do Kyungsoo, the head secretary of this floor. He gulps before turning around to meet the gaze glare of two scary owl looking eyes. He scratches the back of his head trying to will the tinge of redness on his cheeks away, “Ah…did you miss me, Kyungie?”

            The owl-eyed man narrows his eyes and slams a pile of paper work onto Jongin’s desk. He hates being called Kyungie, especially if those very syllables came out from Kim Jongin’s mouth, “Mr. Kim, get your back to work.”

            Jongin smirks, his playful side quick to emerge from his previous flushed face, and leans forward across his desk. He playfully tugs on Kyungsoo’s necktie making the shorter male come towards him. His smirk grows wider when their noses nearly brush against one another’s, “Oh, no, Kyungie. How about I get your to work for me instead? If you know what I mean, that is.”

            Kyungsoo’s face reddens, although it’s not because he was embarrassed. It was because he was extremely ing pissed, “KIM JONGIN!”

            Chanyeol just shakes his head at the two. Jongin was never going to get the guy he was infatuated with to get together with him if he kept making the said guy angry as hell with him. He ignores their squabbling and resumes stamping his paper work. It didn’t surprise him how the other workers didn’t care about what was happening between the obvious meant to be couple of the future. At least, Jongin had some sort of love life, even though Chanyeol thought it was kind of strange. Like, really? Who in their right mind would want to go out with Kim Jongin? Sure he was handsome and all, but he was really stupid sometimes, not to mention childish and just downright annoying. Chanyeol glances back up to the still squabbling pair in front of him. Oh, yea, that’s right, who would go out with Kim Jongin? It would definitely be Do Kyungsoo. Chanyeol looks back down to the lip stained paper at the corner of his desk. He pursed his lips into a straight fine line. Jongin was a lucky bastard.

           

 

 

            The rest of the morning carries on quite slowly. Chanyeol is still stamping away at his paper work in his usual lifeless manner and it seems his co-worker, Jongin, had snuck off somewhere. Chanyeol’s “tingly” feelings tell him that the idiot was probably off stalking Kyungsoo or something. He gives a long sigh and glumly looks outside his window. He randomly scans the neighboring office from across the street. There’s nothing new. Everything is always the same old same old. His eyes finally land onto the opened window that is exactly across from his.  There was some sort of movement that caught Chanyeol’s attention so he assumed someone had just entered the room, but that someone was definitely not who he expected it to be.  

            Chanyeol lunges forward and places both of his hands against the window pane. He dramatically starts gapping like a fish without air. 

            He can’t believe it. It was the beautiful stranger he had met this morning.

            His eyes narrow in on just the stranger, who was shaking hands with another man. The stranger then sits down on a chair probably waiting to be called in for something. Chanyeol waves his hands hoping that maybe the stranger will see him. There’s no reaction from the other man though. Chanyeol places a finger to his chin as he thinks. Ah! He opens the window making some of his paper work fly around his desk and fall to the floor. He pops his head out and starts to wave his hands about again. Still no results. He frowns seeing that the stranger was still sitting as formally as possible on the seat, fiddling his slender feminine fingers in between one another.

            What can he do to get his attention?

            Chanyeol does a last attempt in waving his arms before giving up. He turns around to think of another plan, but once he does he comes face to face with the worst monster there is to mankind. He gulps upon seeing the pair of angry bird eyes glaring down at him.

            His boss easily reaches his hand behind him and shuts the window. He then grabs both of Chanyeol’s shoulders and forces him into his seat before pointing a finger to his paper work. He then walks away as Chanyeol blankly looks after him. His boss finally enters his office and closes his door, but it suddenly swings back open. Chanyeol blinks in shock when his boss uses two of his fingers to indicate the “I’m watching you” look towards him before slamming the door again.

            The curly haired man clamps his teeth together. He then hangs his head and stares at the lip stained paper lying across his desk. A sudden light bulb clicks above his head. He looks back out the window to see if the other was still sitting in his chair. He was. Chanyeol looks back to the pile of papers stationed next to him then back to the stranger again. He takes a quick look over to his boss’s closed door. From the office window he could see his boss’s silhouette sitting at his desk. He was with a few other business clients at the moment.

            Perfect.

            He smiles wide as he grabs the first sheet of paper from his stacked pile. He hastily folds the paper in half and finishes the rest of the creases as best he could. He was surprised it came out pretty decent. He opened his window wide and proudly held his folded paper plane in his right hand. He takes a deep breath before throwing it. His heart starts beating faster when he sees that it’s almost there, but a gush of wind suddenly blows against it making the paper plane swerve away. Chanyeol curses and goes back to his desk. He folds another one and comes back. This one also flies away. He goes back to fold another one. It hits the wall right next to the window.

            The fifth one hits the edge of the other building. Chanyeol hits his head against his window.

            The tenth one piles alongside the other ones that are lying against the edge of the building. Chanyeol facepalms himself.

            The twelfth one lands into the trash can behind the stranger. Chanyeol pulls at his hair in frustration.   

            The twentieth one flies into another window. Chanyeol raises his shoulders and arms in disbelief.

            One after another Chanyeol’s paper planes are thrown from his window and each and every single one of them misses their destination.

            Without looking behind him, Chanyeol slams his right hand back onto his desk to grab another sheet of paper, but his hand knocks his empty paper bin over to the ground. This causes everyone to turn their heads and look at him with surprised eyes. He stares back at them with equally wide eyes. Minseok, whose desk was right next to Chanyeol’s, scooted his paper bin further away from the curly-haired man as if he was trying to protect his papers from him.

            Chanyeol was now completely out of paper. He started to panic as he looked back over to the stranger who was now standing up and shaking the other man’s hand again. No, he can’t leave yet! Chanyeol looked back to his desk, his eyes frantically searching for another sheet of paper. He finally spots the only paper that was left on his desk. The lip-stained paper. He had no time to waste. He grabbed it and quickly made it into a paper plane.

            He opened the window a little more and positioned himself. He breathed in deeply. He can do this. This time it’ll make it he convinces himself. With a flick of his wrist the paper plane took off. Chanyeol’s heart was pounding uncontrollably inside his chest as he watched it. He smiles when the paper reaches halfway to the other building, undisturbed by any obstacles. It was almost there now, but will it reach the beautiful stranger in time?

 

---

A/N:

I’ve finally updated this…

I’m sorry if this is terrible.

<3 dububrit-on