Part 01

Paper Airplanes

 

Paper Airplanes: Part 01

           

            There’s a tall man with slightly slouched shoulders standing in front of the train station. His hair is disheveled and unkempt, indicating that he may have just woken up awhile ago before coming here. The wavy locks were also an unusual color of bright orange. He dyed it to that color about a month ago because he lost to his oh so handsome and ever charming co-worker, Jongin, to a dare. The final results only got him a severe lecture from his unfavorable boss from work saying how it was improper to have repulsively dyed hair in a professional workplace like his. That statement was highly contradicting since his boss also had dyed hair, blonde to be exact.

            He’s now trying to fix his messy appearance with his left hand as he holds onto his unfinished stack of paperwork with his other. Once he finishes making himself look somewhat more presentable he sighs heavily and looks down at his bundle of unfinished paperwork. If only he had listened to his conscious and didn’t procrastinate, his planned nap of only a few minutes wouldn’t have ended up being for several hours to the point where he wouldn’t have been late for work this morning, along with a pile of unfinished paper work. He then glares at the stack of stupid papers and pouts. His blonde face boss was definitely not going to like this. He sighs again for his misery.

            This miserable tall man’s name is Park Chanyeol, the well known Happy Virus from his youth, although that Park Chanyeol probably doesn’t even exist anymore. The current Chanyeol of today rarely ever smiles, mostly due to his life becoming a cycle of mundane and repetitive events. Those events consists of waking up early in the morning then going to work to an office that harbors a boss, (who Chanyeol likes to believe must have been a dragon in his past life), to returning home late at night with stacks and stacks of paper work, only to repeat the process all over again the next day.

            Everything has become quite dull to Chanyeol. He hates to admit it to himself that he’s the one who has allowed his life to be succumbed into tedious and dull adventures. People who had been close to him often wonder to themselves what had happened to the previous happy and joyful Park Chanyeol? Life happened is what the current Park Chanyeol would most likely say.

           

 

 

            The train that Chanyeol is waiting for is late. It doesn’t really matter since he’s late for work anyway, but he just can’t stand the cold anymore, especially since the wind has started to pick up. As if on cue, the wind gushes past Chanyeol making his somewhat fixed hair from earlier messy once again. He doesn’t bother to fix it this time and blankly stares at nothing in front of him, trying to ignore everything around him, well, that is until a paper from his neatly stacked pile of paperwork attacks him in the face.

            He groans slightly before taking the paper off and placing it back into his pile. He then resumes his blank staring, which was immediately interrupted by the wind blowing more papers into his face. Chanyeol repeats his previous actions of putting them away only for more of them to slip his grasp and smack him again, making him flail his arms around as he tried to get them off.

            “AISH!” He yells out in frustration. He roughly puts them back into place not realizing a pair of curious eyes watching him.

            After a couple of seconds of fighting with the wind, Chanyeol finally notices a figure from the corner of his eyes. With a quick huff he looks up to see who it was and nearly falls backward in shock. It was a beautiful stranger clad in a neatly pressed business suit whose eyes, Chanyeol thought, sparkled like radiant stars, especially with the way the stranger wore that smoky eyeliner. He blinked once when his eyes trailed down to the stranger’s lips. He had to blink again to make sure he was seeing things right. The stranger had a thin layer of pink lipstick on. Now that’s just odd. The stranger was definitely a male, but beautiful like a female. It didn’t really matter though because Chanyeol was too entranced with him to care.

            The stranger broke eye contact and smiled shyly as he looked to the ground only to shift his eyes hesitantly back to the taller one. Chanyeol grinned. The stranger was quite cute.

            A small laugh suddenly escapes from the stranger’s lips. The laugh was soft like listening to an angel’s laugh from heaven. Chanyeol begins to smile wider, not realizing how much his cheeks were starting to hurt from how far it was stretching. The firm grip that he had on his papers also begins to lessen and right there and then the wind decides to blow its way past the two men, picking up some of Chanyeol’s paperwork along the way.

            There was no longer anymore laughter or smiles being exchanged between the two. There was only silence and a bug-eyed Chanyeol.

            Chanyeol quickly lunged forward and grabbed the paper that had planted itself right smacked dabbed in the middle of the stranger’s face due to the wind. He unconsciously held the paper in midair as he eyed the other male’s face. He desperately prayed to Krisis that the beautiful stranger didn’t receive any paper cuts that would have ruined his angelic and heavenly white skin.

            The stranger stared wide-eyed at Chanyeol. He was too stunned from the sudden paper attack to really interpret what had really happened. His eyes flitted over to the paper Chanyeol was still currently holding up in the air. He blinked at it for a moment before suddenly smiling, making his eyes crinkle up into adorable half crescents. Chanyeol nearly had a heart attack from the scene before him. How beautiful could this stranger get?

            With another shy laugh and angelic smile, the stranger pointed towards the paper. Chanyeol furrowed his eyes not quite understanding what the stranger was referring to. He then looked over to the paper. A perfect pink mold of the stranger’s lips was stamped onto the paper from his lipstick. A goofy smile crept up along Chanyeol’s own lips as he was the one pointing to it now. He then turned his head back to see the stranger, but the smaller man was gone.  

            What? Where did he go?

            Chanyeol raised a brow. He wasn’t imagining things was he? He held his breath when he realized the stranger had boarded the train that had pulled up from behind them. When had the train arrived? He watched the stranger through the train’s window. He was already seated comfortably on the other side. Chanyeol frowned and hung his head. The sudden light of joy that had flickered through him just because of a random stranger was replaced with his usual dull and inattentive attitude.

            Drowned in his thoughts and images of the smaller male, he barely felt the small rumbling from underneath his feet. His train was finally coming in. He glanced at his watch. It was extremely late, but somehow he found himself thanking the train for being late. He wouldn’t have met the stranger if it wasn’t, but then he groaned and found himself blaming it for the very same reason. Now he couldn’t get the other out of his mind, and he won’t even be able to see him again. He didn’t even get his name!

             He looked back down to the paper that was stamped with the beautiful stranger’s lips. He sighed sadly, lifting his head to see his train pull up to a stop.

            He was never going to see the beautiful stranger ever again was he…?

---

A/N:

Yea, guys aren’t supposed to wear lipstick, buuuuut…you’re just gonna have to deal with it.

The original animation obviously had a female, and lipstick was one of the crucial elements to the plot so yea…

The first time I watched the short animation “Paperman” I completely fell in love with it. It was beautifully done and for some reason I was thinking of Baekyeol while watching it lol. So this fic is dedicated to it. It won’t be exactly the same as the animation so on the last chapter I’ll find and provide a link to the actual animation.

Please tell me what you think of it so far. Comments are deeply appreciated and loved.

Have a wonderful day.

<3 dububrit-on