Turning Tables

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

"Ddong-ha, wake up." Byul whispered shakily as she clutched Baekhyun's hand tightly.

 
Baekhyun's face was so unnaturally pale that it was hard to believe he was still breathing, just barely hanging on that thin thread that connected him to the living. Several royal physicians were working on him all at once, trying to stop the bleeding from his chest.
 
The sword had stabbed him, fortunately, in the right side of his chest instead of his left so he didn't die instantly. However, that cut was also horrifyingly deep and Baekhyun was losing too much blood to be healthy.
 
He had remained unconscious the entire time, never once waking up or drifted in and out of consciousness. None.
 
Byul swallowed back her tears as she clutched his hand desperately. He couldn't just leave her like that, even if their love story was supposedly finished. No, not when she hadn't even forgotten about him. Not when she was still pinning for him so hungrily, not when she still loved him.
 
How could he do that to her, that stupid Ddong-ha! Why did he block that attack for her! Didn't he know he was a prince and she was a mere peasant? The country could do without her but not without him.
 
And she couldn't do without him either, no matter how she lied to herself. Her family's happiness and comfort was high on her list of concerns, but he was what she needed as well. She needed him to be happy herself.
 
"Is hyung going to make it?" Sehun whispered worriedly as another physician was wrapping up his arm in bandage. All of the princes were hurt a little here and there but none of them were injured as severely as Baekhyun. Well, none of them had tried to save the girl they loved either.
 
The royal physicians rushed about, looking for herbs and ointments as they cleansed Baekhyun's gory looking wound while the latter slept throughout the whole process. He wouldn't have slept if he had known just how worried Byul was the entire time, but then again it was up to him.
 
"He can't just die like that." Byul choked on her words. "We haven't made up. He's supposed to come looking for me and say he's sorry and he wants me back. He can't leave me like this." she sobbed. "Ddong-ha.."
 
Baekhyun remained motionless.
 
"Hyung's not going to die like this." Chanyeol whispered fiercely in determination and pure faith. "Hyung's going to pull through this and because he's never going to leave you alone like this. He's going to survive."
 
D.O. nodded and fisted his hands, biting his lips hard. Suho looked away to blink away his tears and Kai closed his eyes, praying. With their leader down, were they going to make it?
 
"How is he?" Kris entered the tent together with the rest of the EXO-M princes as they crowded around Baekhyun's bed. All of their faces fell when they saw that Baekhyun was still unconscious and looked far from his usual goofy funny self. 
 
"Hyung." Tao breathed, shaking his head in melancholy.
 
Chen patted Byul's shoulder comfortingly. "At least you managed to kill that Natsume guy who did this to Baekhyun hyung. That guy got what he deserved." Byul didn't even bother to force a smile in return.
 
The solemn air hung thick and everyone prayed hard in their hearts for Baekhyun to pull through this. Their country needed him, their troop needed him.
 
Byul needed him.
 
And the one who prayed the hardest was her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Natsume may be down, but we still have Aimi." The General cheered his troops on. "There is nothing to fear. The Korean Crown Prince has fallen and it wouldn't take long to crush their army with their soldier's morale taking a definitely plunge after seeing Byun Baekhyun collapse like that. It wouldn't be long before victory is ours!"
 
The Japanese soldiers gave a half-hearted cheer, grieving for Natsume's death. His death had frightened a lot of them because Natsume always had that unbeatable reputation about him.
 
He was like iron man, like the hulk. He was unbeatable and invincible, as if he had gone to bathe in the river styx. Someone as fearless and strong like him going down within a blink of an eye like that....it frightened all of them.
 
Could they even survive this? Even Natsume was dead, they would be dead in no time wouldn't they?
 
The soldiers began to doubt themselves but didn't dare show it for fear that the General might be unhappy. And trust me, you would NEVER want the General to be unhappy.
 
"For the next round of battle, Aimi and I will lead the army." The General declared, smirking. Sora kept a straight face, not at all surprised at the announcement. It was the General's big plan after all, wasn't it? Defeating Korea with their own people.
 
"We are going to attack at the crack of dawn." the General ordered. "Get ready for battle by then and we will finish this once and for all. We will take down the remaining princes till Korea has no more to offer. Do you hear me?"
 
"Yes!" the soldiers shouted back, swallowing in fear.
 
The General smirked, basking in the glory and attention. Yes, they were finally going to own Korea, another priceless piece of land. He could already feel the sweet victory awaiting them.
 
Sora eyed the General from the corner of her eyes and looked away calmly, her expression not giving a hint of what she was feeling. No one noticed her strange behavior or how she was too calm to be true for a girl at war and whose brother had just died.
 
Sora calmly sat down as she waited for the crack of dawn, looking determined and cool. Things were going to change around here.
 
-----
 
Sora looked out at the bright yellow tents ahead of her as she sat on her horse, the rest of the army behind her. She took a deep breath and narrowed her gaze in determination, hissing softly.
 
"Yes that's right, fiercer." The General trotted on his horse to stop beside her. "Become a killer, Aimi. I'm sure you'll perform well."
 
"I will." Sora murmured, looking out and avoiding his gaze.
 
With a strong warrior cry, Sora yelled "CHARGE!" as they moved swiftly across the field's towards the Korean rest point.
 
The korean soldiers were halfway through their preparation when the Japanese soldiers arrived. They gathered quickly and orderly, listening to Chanyeol and Kris's orders obediently and moving doubly fast, setting up their barrier within a blink of an eye.
 
The element of surprise on the General's side wasn't too much of a disadvantage with the Korean soldiers because they had responded with such alertness and swiftness. D.O. looked around at the soldiers and blinked. "They're performing well today. With hyung down, I never expected..."
 
"FOR THE CROWN PRINCE!" One soldier yelled out.
 
"THE CROWN PRINCE!" the rest hollered, their voices echoing and majestic.
 
The princes looked at each other in surprise at their men's change in attitude all of a sudden, until Kai pointed out the event which changed all their mindset. "Byul." he muttered in realization. "Hyung saved Byul remember? He wasn't lying when he said he loved her, I guess everyone believed him now."
 
As the Japanese soldiers charged towards them, Chanyeol cocked his head forward and yelled a similar fierce "CHARGE!" as they collided head on with the enemy's team. His eyes locked on Sora's who was leading her men, heading straight towards him.
 
She looked different that day, different from the previous day at war. She didn't avoid his gaze, she didn't seem dodgy. She didn't seem to be trying and she didn't show any signs of panic.
 
Even as she moved with such speed and skills, she looked calm and decisive, staring back at him. Chanyeol moved towards her, his hands tightening on his sword. A number of soldiers attacked Sora at the same time because she was one of the more important figures in the opponent's team and it was always good to take down the leader first.
 
Chanyeol's heart squeezed with worry as he galloped towards her, helping her fend off the attacks. Chanyeol's own men were surprised to see their prince fighting against them to protect this Japanese girl, and they stumbled over their own feet. What was Chanyeol doing?
 
"It's too dangerous." Chanyeol hissed at Sora. "Go back."
 
Sora ignored his words and hopped off her own stallion. "I need your help." she muttered, kicking a guy in the chest. "Stab me."
 
Chanyeol's eyes widened and his jaw dropped as he stopped in the middle of the field while the battle was going on fiercely around him. He blinked several times in surprise as he stared at her in absolute disbelief. "What?" he shrieked.
 
"STAB ME, you idiot!" Sora growled at him, fighting off a few more soldiers. "I'd rather I get hurt under your hands than these men!"
 
Chanyeol fought off his fellow men, much to their annoyance, and grabbed Sora's arm. "I'm not going to ing hurt you, are you insane?" he snapped. Sora looked at him with such desperation and frustration that Chanyeol took a step back. What the hell? Why did she want to get hurt?
 
Sora looked back at the General and immediately looked away when the General looked in her direction. She raised her sword and swung it at Chanyeol, who blocked it instinctively though nearly missing. He gasped in surprise and shot her a look. "Would you make up your mind? First stab you, now kill me?"
 
"Fight me." Sora panted, swinging her sword at him once again. Chanyeol was prepared this time and he threw off her attack. "Fight me with all you have!" she shrieked, sending a flying kick in his direction.
 
Chanyeol dodged quickly, and whirled around, impressed to see her not at all losing her footing after such a move. Sora immediately steadied herself and charged at him fiercely once again, aiming her sword at his chest. Chanyeol moved away and grabbed an armor from one of the dead soldier on the ground, protecting himself.
 
"FIGHT ME." Sora demanded. "ATTACK!"
 
"I won't!" Chanyeol hissed back, ducking her sword. He felt some of his hair get sliced off from his head and he winced. "I won't fight you, Im Sora."
 
Sora looked at him desperately and closed her eyes momentarily. When Chanyeol opened his mouth to speak again, the strangest thing happened.
 
Sora charged towards him but ran directly for his sword. Before his sword came into contact with her body, she flew backwards and collasped on the ground in a dead faint.
 
Chanyeol gaped at her and blinked. Wait what? Why did she...but the sword didn't...why was she on the ground...?
 
Chanyeol moved towards her quickly and patted her cheeks. "Im Sora?" he whispered.
 
He was the only one who knew that the sword didn't come into contact with her body but the rest thought Sora was dead. She had cleverly laid herself on the floor with her front down, where her wound was supposed to be. She looked tired and haggard so it wasn't too difficult to fake her death.
 
But Chanyeol was confused as hell. What the hell was she doing? Tricking him? He knew she wasn't hurt.
 
The General gave a roar and charged at Chanyeol when he saw Sora go down. First he lost his best fighter Natsume and now his second best Sora? No way was he going to let these ing korean princes off. The General aimed his sword at Chanyeol and swung hard, with Chanyeol barely dodging the blow. He could even feel the wind and heard the slick sound of the sword cutting the air.
 
The surprise from the General's attack made Chanyeol lose grip of his sword and it clattered with a desperate clang on the floor. Chanyeol whirled around quickly and just managed to duck the General's next attack. Boy was that man viscious.
 
"I'll kill you!" The General roared, raising his sword high in the air.
 
Chanyeol's eyes followed the weapon's movement, and at the moment when the sword reached it's highest position, Chanyeol felt a little resigned. No way was he going to win this against someone so strong while he was unarmed.
 
The sword created a thin line of black shadow while the bright rising sun blinded his eyes. Chanyeol closed them and waited for the impact, waited for the pain on his skull and the sickening crack of his bones.
 
But that didn't come as he heard another surprised tortured groan just in front of him. Chanyeol opened his eyes in surprise just in time to see the General crumple onto the ground, face down, with a sword sticking out from behind his back.
 
And the shock doubled when Chanyeol saw who it was that had saved him and killed the General.
 
It was Sora.
 

 

 

------

I am so so so sorry for my absence for this story. :( As I explained in my other stories, I went to several weeks of consecutive camps and BOOM, now college has started.
 
*CRIES*
 
College is seriously some crazy , the only nice thing is getting to wear your own clothes to school hehehe no more uniforms~ ^^ It's just really really competitive especially when some classes have 30% class participation and you'll see hands going up non stop the entire lesson to answer questions. *hides in a corner*
 
I really wonder if people still read this story but yeah, thanks for sticking with me even with my slow updates. I promise my updates will be more frequent from now on, at least I hope :)
 
This story took a long time to update because my old laptop crashed and all my plans for this story were stored in there. I couldn't continue with the updates because I'm highly dependent on my brief chapter summaries. THANK GOODNESS I MANAGED TO SALVAGE THEM.
 
So as a sorry to readers of this story....double update :))