chapter ii

Wishes work in a ed up way

 

 

 

Part I: Wishes work in a ed up way

 

 

 

 

chapter ii: wishes work in a ed up way

 

“Ha ha ha ha! I’m glad you find my pain funny” Cleaning the dusk and other things picked up from the floor off his clothes, Takanori avoids eye contact with his band members and so called “friends” who are laughing like hyenas; only Kai tries to hide his laugh.

Takanori sighs and tries to ignore the snickers and the not-so-hidden laughs coming from his friends; if it was anyone but him in this situation he would be laughing too. It seemed too novel like.

“Let’s just head toward the recreating room, okay? I’m really tired” He doesn’t wait for them and goes straight forward but a lazy smile does find its way to his face when he concludes that they’ve stopped laughing and are following him behind in silence to not disturb or anger him.

He is usually very lively and funny but the whole love song thing he has been assigned to do, has been draining him of powers thus being tired and not sleeping well for almost two weeks in a row-and this is never a good thing especially at 8pm in the evening.

Dragging his feet he reaches the much awaited room and in a swift move opens the large door to reveal a cozy room with three leather sofas and a coffee table in the middle; it wasn’t anything fancy but it relaxed him.

He drops his body on one of the sofas and closes his eyes, trying to stop the head ache.  The silence helps him relax his back muscle and think clearly, it helps him think of what kind of love he had experienced in his life, it helps him think of words and sentences.

It helps him try to break the wall between him and love.

But the silence is disturbed by the door that bumps into the wall-Takanori is pretty sure that it left an ugly hole-and by the man he recognizes as the director of P&S company-Caleb Tanaka, who, to his surprise, is carrying a woman in his arms.

“Guys, can you please watch her for me? I have to get something from my desk and I can’t take her with me. Thanks!”

Caleb doesn’t wait for their response and lays her on the opposite couch, letting Takanori have a better view of the mysterious woman his boss was carrying (and Takanori is more than curious for his boss has never had a girlfriend or at least introduced them to her).

She is wearing big sunglasses that cover half of his face –and he wonders why the bloody does she needs them when it’s dark outside-, a long and simple, black T-shirt, a black blazer and black boots.

She’s dressed like she’s going to a freaking funeral. He looks away from the woman sleeping on the couch and tries to get back in the thinking mode but the sudden desire to see her face gets the best of him, making him stand up and go to her. His eyes sweep across her face, taking in her full red lips and straight nose and his hand almost reaches the sunglasses when Caleb bursts once again in the room, spurting apologizes and picks her up, leaving a frozen Takanori behind.

Silence.

Nobody dares to speak after Caleb left. They just watch the rather short man with cautious eyes; it wasn’t every day he would show interest in women and it sure wasn’t every day he would make a move on a sleeping woman and the fact that he remains unmoved scares them.

Takanori blinks and tries to process what has happened. Did he just try to invade the privacy of the woman who clearly means something to his boss?

A laughs resonates in the room and Takanori has to bend over a little and hold his tummy; all these events are just so ing ironic it makes him laugh. He raises his hand and brings it over his eyes, trying to stop the tears that are threating to roll down his cheeks from too much laughing.

After what seems like ages he stops and looks at ceiling with a rather playful gaze: Is this your way to make me write a ing love song? Bringing a random chick in my life? Let’s see where this cheap game leads.

The members don’t even try to make a move and they just watch their vocalist as he slowly loses his mind.

 “Maybe he needs some coffee”

Yuu looks innocently at the rest of the members- excluding Takanori who is laughing maniacally at the ceiling- as they gawk at him.

“What? Do I also have a spider on my face?!”