Leeteuk's view:

A Walk in the Park...

 

Today is the last show for the musical, The Promise. The musical in which Leeteuk, the leader of Super Junior, took a part in. He is right now in the greenrooms, removing his makeup. Around him, soldiers like him are laughing and enjoying since it is their last show. This show is a success for them, and Leeteuk felt different. Now, he would have to go back to his normal life aka the life of a soldier, and he enjoys it. Even though he misses his old life, he is really enjoying this soldier life too. Maybe because he is treated normally and not like a superstar? Unconsciously, a smile plays at his face as he looks at the normal face of himself. Suddenly, he is a familiar voice, and he turns around to find Kim Heechul running towards him. Heechul hugs his hyung, he misses him too much. 
 
"Hyung, you were so good back there. I was really surprised," Heechul said. Leeteuk smiles but at the corner, he can see his fellow soldier holding a girl's hand. Ah, he has a girlfriend, Leeteuk thought as his mind brought back a picture of someone. Heechul looks where his leader is looking, and then a playful smile creeps on his face. 
 
"You miss her, right?" Heechul teases. Leeteuk looks right at his eye and coldly says," Who?" Heechul looks confused, and inside, he flinches at Leeteuk's cold voice. 
"What do you mean who? Of course I am talking about Sora," Heechul said with a little hesitation. Doesn't know why, but he doesn't right. At all. 
"Why would I miss Sora?" Leeteuk asked. It has been a long time since he said her name, and the lump in his throat started to form. 
"Hyung, you weren't dating her? Don't you love her?", Heechul asked. 
"I never loved her, it was all for the show." Even saying that hurt Leeteuk's heart. 
"Then what about your double v-signs? What about the video message during that awards? What happened?" Heechul asked. 
"That's all for the show. It has nothing to do with you, so stay out of it." 
"Ya, we are also human. There is no need to hide your feelings," Heechul said. He knew Teuk is in love. It was clearly written in his eyes. All the members knew that, Teuk could never hide that fact. 
"Not everyone sees us like that," Teuk replied and saw Heechul's mouth clinch. He knew exactly what Teuk is saying. Netizens who cursed at them while SuJu suffered. They looked down at them when SuJu tried their best, hiding their pain and hurt. Even if SuJu won awards outside, the k-netizens would never acknowledge it. They were ignored in their own country. Ah, that's what he is scared, huh? The netizens?, Heechul thought. 
"So, you are scared because if what media thinks? That girl loves you, and you know that. If there is something you want, you can do it. You aren't living for them. You have to live your life Teuk. The media will forget an leave you, but your loved ones don't. Where is the Teuk who supported when Shindong had Nari? That's right, you can't protect her like a man, right?" Heechul asked. He knew Teuk will get really mad, but he has to do it. Have to make Teuk understand before it becomes too late. To Heechul's surprise, Teuk laughed. Not the usual high-pitch laughter, but the one that can cause you sadness. Heechul rarely hear this laughter from Teuk. "First, my name is not Leeteuk, it's Jungsoo. Second, you can't change fate, it will happen no matter what." 
The supervisor ordered all the soldiers to enter the bus. Leeteuk picked his stuff and faced Heechul. "Take care of yourself. You will be returning in few months, don't mess it up." 
"Who are you? Where is the Leeteuk that I know? That person almost gave up his career for a woman. I thought you were always Jungsoo when you were Leeteuk, but I think I got everything wrong. I never knew who "Leeteuk" was before, but I finally meet him. Have a good stay in army, Leeteuk-ssi," Heechul said sarcasticly and left, leaving Teuk all alone. 
Heechul could not believe that that person is Jungsoo. How much did the army change him? Teuk found himself in the bus, and with all the chatter beside him, he thought about something, that changed his life and maybe Sora's too. 
 
**Flashback**
 
After their camping trip, Jungsoo returned back to his dorms. God! Wasn't  that a disaster, but because of Sora, it was sweet memory. He is in love with her, from the moment he saw her in the theater. He tried really hard, to win her heart for real. But lately, he is getting positive vibes from this relationship. After her kiss in Namsi Island, he is definitely sure that Sora likes him. It felt as if she was ready. I should get over my insecurities, Jungsoo decided, as he opened the refrigerator.Hmm, how should I ask her out for real, he thought. Jungsoo was in deep thoughts when his phone ranged, indicating his manager's caller ID. Did he want something or do I have a schedule, Jungsoo thought as he answered the call. 
 
Jungsoo: hello?
Manager: Teuk? Teacher Lee wants to meet you. Go to his office. 
Jungsoo: okay, I will go there now. 
Manager: and...
Jungsoo: what?
Manager: I am sorry...
 
What, Jungsoo thought as his manager hung up. What was he sorry about? Anyways, with a uneasy heart, Jungsoo arrived to the SM headquarters. When he arrived to Lee Soo Man's room and saw Taeyeon, he knew things were going to worse. 
"Sit," seon-saeng-nim said, and Jungsoo sat beside Taeyeon. She kept looking down, and not looking at Jungsoo or Teacher Lee's eyes. 
"How many programs are you in?" Teacher Lee asked to Jungsoo, as if he didn't know already.
"Well, I am in Strong Heart, Star King, WGM..," Jungsoo said. 
"Your enlistment date has arrived, it's on October 30, so we have to start preparing. We will start with WGM," Teacher Lee said. 
Chills ran down through Jungsoo's spine. What? He is going to end it? But, Jungsoo just realized Sora's love for him! Everything was falling in right place, and another problem raised.
"Why WGM? We still have some time left. I can only leave after SPY promotions, and WGM is no problem to me." 
"Leeteuk, do you think I am a idiot? I have known you for more than 10 years, and I know the meaning behind every single move of ours. Do you think I am blind to not see your affection towards Sora?" Teacher Lee asked with a cold voice. 
Jungsoo became white with fury and now he understood the meaning of this meeting. He knew why Taeyeon was here now, and he didn't want to back down. 
"What if I am in love with Sora?" Jungsoo dared. Taeyeon's eyes snapped to Jungsoo's face, and all she saw was determination. Determination for not backing down. If only she had that determination that time, she thought. 
"Then, you are destroying her career," Teacher Lee stated a simple fact. 
"I and our fans will be with her," Jungsoo replied back with calmness. 
"Teuk, if everything is like how you think, then why would celebrities go on secret dates? Sure, you have some fans, but you keep forgetting about something. Media, the media I control. And, doesn't Sora love her individuality? Wouldn't she hate it when she finds out that people like not because of herself but whom she is with?"
Teacher Lee hit at the right spot. He knew everything, Jungsoo thought. "I still love her. If people see her as my girlfriend and like her because of that, then they are fools who are not worth a piece of scum." 
Taeyeon could practically taste the tension in the room. She could see how hard the men were trying to not strangle each other. She tried to get out, but Teacher Lee's glare made her sit  again. 
"Then, I am left with no choice. I already ordered that the next episode would be your last. You will not contact her ever again. You already have a girlfriend, right Taeyeon?" Teacher Lee said as he looked at her. It was Teacher Lee's idea, for both of the leaders to date. It was his idea to start the scandal. He asked, actually ordered, them to act like they are dating. It was to make the company look as if they opened up to anyone's relationship and accepted it whole heartedly. Oh, the irony, Jungsoo thought. 
"I only allowed you to join WGM for financial reasons, nothing more. Victoria knew this, and accepted it for better. You should too, Leeteuk," Teacher Lee continued. 
"What if I don't accept your reasons?" Jungsoo asked.  
"SuJu will be disband," Teacher Lee said calmly. 
"You wouldn't dare," Jungsoo said with an amusing voice. 
But Teacher Lee wasn't joking. "Know about T-ara? Who do you think gave that idea of making a story of bullying so the girls can be tamped? That stupid CEO couldn't handle, so I gave him a proper teaching lesson." 
"People won't believe that!" Jungsoo got up with annoyance. Everybody knows how close the members are in SuJu. "Didn't I say this before? That I can control the media. And Taeyeon, shouldn't you give him some advice in this field?" Teacher Lee asked. Jungsoo's head snapped at Taeyeon. Her chin was quivering, and she was trying not to cry. She had not spoken a word since Jungsoo arrived. His eyes looked at Teacher Lee's face, and his body shook when he saw his heinous smile. 
"Leeteuk, you have to choose, SuJu or Sora. If you choose Sora, I swear to God that I am going to make her life an yours really miserable. And now, you two may leave." With a silent triumph, Teacher Lee leaned back in his chair and watched the two leave his room. As soon as they exited, Taeyeon said,"I am so sorry." 
"It's not your fault," Jungsoo said with defeated voice,"Is this how you felt that time with Junsu?" 
Taeyeon turned her head away from Jungsoo,"If he was still here, maybe Junsu and I would have continued. But, that bastard threw him away, making him look like a betrayer. I didn't have any strength that time, for my love. I regret it every single second. But oppa," looking at Jungsoo,"Do what you think is right. That's all I can say." With that, Taeyeon left before her tears showed. Jungsoo walked to a practice room and locked the doors, wanting to be alone. He sat in the middle, and looked at his weak reflection. When he saw Teacher Lee's heinous smile, he knew he had no choice. Even though he didn't believe his credit for T-ara's scandal, Jungsoo knew Teacher Lee is capable of doing unimaginable. He had to choose, had to leave Sora. Couldn't risk anything since he will be leaving for 2 years. Couldn't risk anything for the group he protect for 7 years. Couldn't let Sora's bright future get ruined. Just couldn't, wouldn't. One mistake he makes could destroy 15 lives, including his and Sora's too. He looked at his own reflection, tears streaming on his face. He is no man, Jungsoo thought, he couldn't protect the woman he loves. Maybe fate can't be changed, he thought as he wiped his tears away. He got outside, being a man no one knows, Leeteuk. 
 
*End of Flashback*
 
Leeteuk snapped back into reality. Slowly, he arrived to his headquarters, and made his bed. The other soldiers followed him, sensing he isn't in his right usual mood. After everyone was asleep, and the lights out, did Jungsoo let some tears out of his eyes. He silently cried, over his dilemma and how he couldn't overcome it. I am sorry, he wanted to say to Sora. If only love is as easy as a walk in the park...