Umma

I Thought We Were Perfect

As Key and Victoria got out of the taxi, he looked up at his childhood home. The taxi driver unloaded their things onto the curb. Paying the driver, Key picked up the bags and headed up to the house. Readjusting the bags so he could ring the door, Key waited impatiently for his mother to answer the door. He hasn't spoke to her since the day he left almost two years ago. He didn't know how his mother was going to take him showing up on her door step with her unknown grandchild. After what seem like an eternity, his mother finally answered the door

 
"Hello? Oh Key baby! Come here to your umma!" His mother pulled him into a tight suffocating hug. 
 
"Umma! Can't! Breathe!" She let go of him and smiled.
 
"Oh my darling boy, I missed you so oh who is this?" Key's mother spotted Victoria hiding behind Keys legs. 
 
"Umma, let's go sit down." She looked up at him with an confused look but shuffled into the house with the two closely behind her. After setting the bags down in the foyer. He slowly walked in and saw his mother sitting in the chair across from the couch. Grabbing ahold of Victorias hand, they walked to the couch as if they were on death row. Once they were seated, Key glanced at his mother who was smiling but still wondering who Victoria is.
 
"Well umma, this is your granddaughter, Victoria." 
 
"I have a granddaughter?" She asked in confusion. Key shook his head yes.
 
"You do."
 
"How old is she?" Key leaned over and whispered in Victorias ear
 
"Tell halmoni how old you are," Victoria hid her face in Keys side
 
"Come on baby, I know you're not shy." She sat up but still kept a tight hold on her fathers arm. 
 
"I'm four." She answered barely above a whisper while holding up four fingers.
 
"Come here dear, to your halmoni and let me get a closer look at you." Victoria looked up at her umma and he gave her a nod, telling her that it is alright. She slowly got up and walked towards her grandmother. Once she was in front of her, her grandmother pulled her onto her lap.
 
"You are quite beautiful darling," she tucked Victorias hair behind her ears
 
"Is she Chinese?" 
 
"Yes."
 
"So you're with a Chinese lady now, where is she?" Keys mother asked, looking around as if she was expecting someone to enter the room. 
 
"No umma, Jonghyun and I adopted her."
 
"Oh yes, what a darling lad. Where is he?" Key eyed Victoria 
 
"Tori baby, why don't you run along and play upstairs." His mother caught on.
 
"Okay umma." Key's mom held onto her hand 
 
"Wait darling. Luna!" A couple minutes later a skinny girl around Keys age, briskly entered the room.
 
"Yes ma'am?"
 
"Take my granddaughter upstairs to my sons old play room."
 
"Yes ma'am," The maid held out her hand which Victoria acceptably took. 
 
"Come along dear." Key watched as Luna smiled down at her and then walked up the stairs. 
 
"You still have my old play room?"
 
"Of course darling, your room is also the same as you still had it. So what's going on between you and Jonghyun?"
 
"Nothing." He lied.
 
"Do not lie to your mother Kibum."
 
"Why do you think something is wrong?"
 
"I know you Key, you never went anywhere without that boy. Now tell your umma what happened." 
 
"He cheated on me." Key answered breathlessly. Key's mother quickly crossed the room and sat next to her son. Once she was seated she held his hand in hers.
 
"What happened darling?"
 
"He dialed me while he was..." Key paused, he didn't think it would be proper if he told his mother that he hear his husband ing a female.
 
"Go on, I can handle it." She gave his hand a small squeeze.
 
"Well I heard him having , with a girl so I left him." he lowered his head as tears started to fall.
 
"Oh my poor baby, come here to your umma," She pulled him into a hug, laying his head on his chest.
 
"You can stay here as long as you want. Honestly, even though it's under these poor circumstances, I'm glad you're here. I love that I have my baby and my beautiful granddaughter." Key snuggled closer to his mother.
 
"Thank you umma, that means a lot. It really does."