Is This Really it?

I Thought We Were Perfect

Putting the key in the lock, Jonghyun pushed open the oak door. Being welcomed to a cold eeiry house released a shudder through out his body. Kicking off his shoes and dropping his bags, he let out a sigh. He was glad to be home. His beautiful husband and daughter, made his day. His day was just perfect. 'It must not be to perfect since you're sleeping with Jessica.' he mentally scolded himself. Shrugging it off, he walked towards the playroom. Expecting it to be filled with Victoria's laughter while she and Key played with her toys but was yet again, greeted by emptiness.

"Where are they?"

he whispered to no one but himself. 'They can't be asleep, it's only six o'clock.' walking into the living room, he a lamp and sat down on the sofa. He flipped on the TV, hopefully to find something to distract himself but couldnt peel his mind away from Key or Tori. His phone vibrated in his pocket, he quickly dug his hand into his pocket, hoping it was Key was texting him. He was greeted by emails. Ignoring them, he laid his head on the back of the couch, closing his eyes.

"I'll just rest my eyes until they get home."

 

*Next Morning*

The sun shone brightly in through the curtains onto Jonghyun's face.

"Key, stop it."

He grumbled while turning over. Forgetting that he was laying on the couch, he fell onto the floor with a loud thud.

"What the hell?!"

Jonghyun cried out in agony. On his way down, his head managed to hit the corner of the wooden coffee table. He brought his hand up to the spot of throbbing pain. Rubbing it, he looked around. There was still no sign of Key or Tori. Bringing his hand back down to his side, he made his way up the stairs and into his and Key's room. He pushed the door open with a smile spreading across his face like wild fire. He just wanted to hold Key in his arms. He truly missed him. As he made his way to the bed, he found it empty. Sighing, he flopped down onto the bed stuffing the pillow under his chin while he stared at the room. He knew there was no reason to continue to look, they're obviously not here. Plus his head was killing him! 'I wonder where they are?' he questioned himself. 'I really want to see Key and Tori.' For the past two weeks, he has been neglecting them both for his own selfish reasons. Rolling onto his back, he pulled out his phone and dialed Key's number. His phone phone wasn't activated anymore.

"Mmm weird, Minho and Taemin would probably know what's going on."

With that, he dialed Minho's number.

"Yo Jonghyun hyung."

"Hey Minho."

"What's up?"

"Minho, who's that?"

Taemin's voice sang through the phone.

"It's Jonghyun hyung."

He answered him. Clearing his throat, Jonghyun continued.

"Well I was wondering, have you guys heard from Key? They weren't home when I came home or when I woke up."

"Tae! Have you heard from Key?"

Jonghyun waited for an answer as 2min shared whispered mummers.

"Uh... hyung. You should probably come over... like now."

"Um, alright. I'll be over soon."

"Okay, bye hyung."

"Bye... Minho."

He ended the call and looked at his phone with a puzzeled look. 'Well, I better head over there.' He glanced at himself in the mirror. He looked like a hobbo. Tie crinckled and hanging loosely from his neck. His white shirt was also crinckled and untucked from one side of his pants. Hair stiking every which direction and his pants slightly crooked, he adjusted himself so he looked halfways decent. Slipping his shoes on and then out the door, he got into his car and headed over to 2mins house.

*Ten Minutes Later*

Pulling into the driveway, he shut off his car and got out. Heading up the front door, he knocked. Standing there awkwardly he waited for them to answer the door. Yes, he's been friends with 2min for awhile, hell he even came up with 2min but he still always felt more comfortable with Key around. The door pulled open and reveiled Taemin with Minho close behind. Minho always followed Taemin around, he was like a cute but creepy shadow.

"Hi guys."

Jonghyun gave a slight wave and bit his lip.

"Hey hyung."

Taemin said quietly. He knew why Key had left and he was livid about it. When he was younger, his mother passed away and being the great friend he is, Key took care of him. His father was a great father but couldn't always be there for him because of his job so Key became his umma. After Key and Jonghyun got married, he soon started to call Jonghyun appa. Hearing Taemin call him hyung sent a pang through his heart and wondered what was wrong.

"Why don't you come inside?"

Minho asked, breaking the tension in the air, he moved the stiff Taemin out of the doorway so Jonghyun could enter. Once Jonghyun closed the door, the all made there way into the living room. Stepping around and over all the scattered toys, Jonghyun sat down on the sofa.

"Where's Yooguennie?"

"He went over to his friend Amber's house for a play date."

Minho answered. 

"Ah."

Jonghyun glanced over at Taemin, who was glaring back at him.

"Taemin wha-"

"Don't you want to know where umma is?"

Taemin interupted. His voice was thick with sadness and anger.

"Well yes bu-"

"He left."

"He left? Wha-what do you mean?"

"I mean, he left you."

"What! Why?"

"Because you cheated on him that's why!"

Taemin snapped.

"Che-cheated? I didn-"

"Don't you lie Kim Jonghyun. We all know you did. You dialed him and he heard you! He ing heard you!"

"Tae-baby."

Minho interupted, trying to clam Taemin down.

"No Minho, he needs to hear this,"

Taemin didn't care anymore. Jonghyun was dead to him.

"While you were ing that Jessica, your phone called umma and he heard it. He was so distraught, he made himself sick damnit! All umma did was base his life around you then once Tori was brought into the family, it was the both of you! You even came become me, damn it!"

Taemin placed his head in his hands which where resting on his knees. They sat there in silence for what seemed like hours but it was only short minutes. As taemin lifted his head, Jonghyun noticed the tears.

"Taemin I-"

"No,"

He held up his hands to stop him from going any further.

"Why did you do it?"

Jonghyun dropped his head. He didn't know why he did it. They were just were just having some drinks at an office party and it just happened. Then it just became a daily ritual. He felt free and alive. Letting out a sigh, Jonghyun lifted his head.

"I really don't know Taemin. We were just chatting and drinking at an office party and it sort of just happened. Then it just became a daily thing, just going out and partying."

A small smile formed on his lips as he thought back to his memories that were consumed with Jessica. He enjoyed feeling like a normal 23 year old, partying and having a beautiful girl on his side. He looked over at Taemin who greeted him with a disguested look.

"Well you should of thought of that before you asked umma to marry you!"

Taemin spat back. He felt so sick to his stomach. He never wanted to see Jonghyun again.

"Tae-"

"Just go."

"Taemin please."

Jonghyun begged.

"Get. The. Hell. Out of my house!"

Taemin screamed as he stood up and pointed at the door, with Minho right behind him.

"Just go hyung."

Minho whispered. He pulled Taemin into a hug and watch Jonghyun left. He his boyfriends hair as he sobbed into his shirt. He felt really bad for Taemin. Jonghyun and Key were like his parents and if this whole situation was going to way as it was playing out to be, there was soon going to be a divorce which was never easy on a child. As Minho whispered soft sweet words to Taemin, he pulled away slightly and looked at Minho.

"Tori."

He whispered. Minho looked at him with a confused look.

"She's going to be heart broken."

Taemin sobbed. His heart broke for his little sister.

 

*Back At The House, Ten Minutes Later*

Jonghyun stumbled back into the house. Blinded by tears, he fumbled his was into the kitchen. Making his way over to the fridge, he opened it and pulled out a six pack of soju. Taking one out of the package, he quickly pulled a bottle out and finished it in one swallow. Dropping the now empty bottle into the sink, he stumbled into the living room and flopped down on the sofa. Opening another bottle of soju, he brought the alcoholic drink up to his lips and swallowed another drink as he thought of what happened. Was he really in the wrong? All he wanted was to act like an normal 23 year old. Have fun, go out, party, and be worry free! Was that to much to ask?

''Well you can't do that any more you pabo! You have Key and Tori to worry about, they love you.''

''But Jessica, just makes me smile, I feel different with her than I do with Key. I feel as if she understands me. We always laugh together and just have an good time together. I just get butterflies when I'm with her. Plus the is amazing! With Key... it's not the same. I love Key, I do. I really do but he's not Jessica. I know I'm only gay for him but I guess the infatuation has just diminiced. I hate that I had to hurt Key. I mean no matter what, I would end up hurting him sooner or later but this was a little much. No, not a little much, a lot. I probably have broken Key. I'm a terrible person. I need to apologize but there's no way for me to get ahold of him."

"So do you want to leave Key?"

Jonghyun paused from talking to himself and lingered on the question. He really didn't want to but what's the point? He was in love with Jessica and Key would divorce him anyways or it'll never be the same.

"Yeah... I guess I do..."