Chapter Two

While The Cameras Roll

"So where should we go?" Haruma asked, his words turning to white puffs as he breathed the cold air. Manato ducked his head awkardly and shuffled from foot to foot to keep himself from staring.

"Oh... I don't care really. Anywhere is fine." He didn't add 'as long as I'm with you' although he was almost certain the words were painted across his face.

Haruma looked at him from the side causing Manato to stumble over a crack in the sidewalk. The dark haired boy laughed. Manato chuckled along nervously in an attempt to hide his embarrassment. They walked together silently for a few blocks.

Inwardly, Manato was a nervous wreck. He'd been crushing on the boy walking beside him since the first time they'd filmed together more than a year ago. Of course, he hadn't realized that was what the tingling in his chest had meant at the time. It had been toward the beginning of his career and when he'd still been convinced he was a straight boy guys off on film only to pay the bills. Definitely not for enjoyment.

Oh, how wrong he had been.

He felt his cheeks heating up despite the icy air biting at his face. He privately hoped Haruma would assume it was the weather that caused it.

As a distraction, he pulled his hands out of his pockets and rubbed them together, then cupped them in front of his mouth and blew hot air into them. They barely warmed at all. Suddenly, Haruma was close, grabbing Manato's hands and pulling them into his own coat pockets. Standing face to face with only the clouds from their breaths separating them, Manato stared up into the dark haired boy's smiling eyes.

"Manato-kun, you look cold. Should I warm you up?"

Manato felt his stomach flip. Before he could get his hopes up that Haruma was suggesting what he thought he was suggesting, he shook his head and tried to put some space between them. The dark haired boy held on tightly to his hands still trapped in his warm pockets, not allowing Manato any distance.

He gave Manato a searching look and smiled thoughtfully. "Let's go see a movie. That'd be fun, right? We can get something to eat afterward and maybe even stop by an arcade."

Manato was about to say no. Absolutely not. Spending so much time alone with Haruma didn't lessen the force of his attraction. In fact, the more he was around the dark haired boy, the harder he fell for him. So he was ready to refuse, if only to save himself from the inevitable heartache for one more day, but then he made the mistake of looking at the boy still waiting for an answer.

Haruma looked so excited, practically beaming at the prospect of hanging out with Manato for the day. Just the two of them without camermen or girlfriends. Simply, Manato and Haruma, alone.

Knowing he'd end up regretting it eventually (and probably sooner rather than later), he shyly nodded.