To the Beautiful Jinri

Window Pain

 

Note: this is a jungli chapter. I love them and want them to be in this fic because I’m the author and I can. So if you don’t like jungli, by all means skip the chapter.

 

 

 

Soojung-ahhh I'm hungry, where are we going?” a distraught Sulli asked as she was pulled through the crowded halls of the local mall.

 

It was the day before Christmas Eve and everyone was bustling in and out of shops in an effort to buy a last minute gift for that one person they forgot to cross off their list. The snow was thick outside and still falling, making everything that much more irritating. The jacket Krystal was wearing added to her already perspiring body as she dragged her friend toward their undisclosed destination. Krystal found it rather annoying that there were still so many people; I mean, if you care about someone, shouldn’t you have gotten their present in advance? She didn't get it but she wasn't going to let them ruin her plans.

 

Stop whining, this is the first of many stops we'll be making today, ” replied the excited Jung. “your stomach will have to wait.”

 

Sulli's hand flew to her belly and she hunched over in exaggerated pain, her face twisting into an appropriate shape. She weighted her steps and made a torturous noise to bring together the whole act, causing her counterpart to stop and turn on her heels.

 

Jinri” Krystal started, taking Sulli's hands in her own and looking up at the older girl with a cute expression.

 

Do you trust me?”

 

Their eyes glued together as Sulli stood up straight and swallowed the lump forming in . Damn she was beautiful. Her wavy dark brown hair rested perfectly on her shoulders and the makeup around her eyes brought a little extra attention to her chocolate brown orbs. The blue of her jacket played well off the light eye shadow and pink hue on her cheeks. Sulli could tell that she put extra time into her appearance today but she didn't exactly know why, especially since Soojung told her to come looking casual. Needless to say when she saw her friend all dolled up, while she had just put her lifeless long hair in a bun, she was furious but didn't have much time to say anything before they had started their endless journey to nowhere.

 

Her gaze drifted to their hands, perfectly fitted together. She traced Soojung's thumb with her own and felt how despite the dryness of the winter air, her hands were damp. She looked into Krystal's eyes, her face a full flush darker than her own, and nodded. Apparently her nerves had taken control of her vocal chords, for she was unable to make a sound.

 

Good,” Soojung said. She then leaned up onto her tiptoes and placed a hand on Sulli's shoulder for balance as she brought dangerously close to the others' ear.

 

Then be quiet and you can thank me later.” The breath from that one sentence was enough to make Jinri's skin warm to the touch and her mind go completely blank. She could faintly smell a sweet perfume as Soojung lowered herself and somehow continued to pull her through the busy mall.

 

Damn you Jung Soojung.

 

Sulli was still without food (and from the sound of it, would be for a long time) and she was strangely alright with that. Feeling her hand in Soojung's sweaty one was enough to keep her satisfied, at least for a while.

 

Sulli knew something was happening between them. She could feel the difference whenever Soojung was around. She felt lighter, but heavier at the same time. She felt calm, yet outrageously nervous whenever their hands touched. Their eyes lingered a little too long on each other, and they laughed a little too hard at things that weren't even funny. Yes, she knew that they acted a little closer than friends; something akin to lovers, and she knew Soojung could feel it too. They were just waiting on the other to make a move, which by their friends' opinion, was taking way too long. But it was Christmas and Sulli had the perfect gift to move things along, she was just waiting for Soojung to stop somewhere.

 

They passed all of their usual favorite stores and Sulli was really beginning to wonder what her friend was up to. So when she came to a sudden stop in front of a hair and makeup salon, Sulli was thoroughly confused. Krystal checked her watch and pushed Sulli in with a wide smile on her face.

 

Hello, I have an appointment for 2:30 under the name Choi Jinri.” The receptionist checked her little book and guided the girls over to the waiting area to be seated. Sulli took this chance to pounce on Krystal and ask what the hell they were doing there, which was met by a simple “You”.

 

Jinri's face wore a surprised look as the hair stylist cautiously approached them.

 

Jinri?” She looked at the girls, Sulli's face going back and forth between her friend and the woman in front of her. Krystal grabbed Sulli's arm and pulled her up.

 

You can call her Sulli” She said as she patted her arm and handed her over to the hairdresser. Sulli smiled and turned to Krystal with a still bewildered look.

 

I know you're getting sick of your look. You've been talking non-stop about how you need a change and you hate your hair and can't find a decent mascara or anything so I figured to give you a boost of confidence for the new year, I’d give you a make over for Christmas. Surprise!” Krystal lifted her hands in the air in celebration, anticipating the older girls response.

 

Her arms started to ache with the amount of silence she was met with.

 

I booked this like a month and a half ago because I knew it'd be bombed around Christmas time, and it cost little extra to hold your spot but I thought it'd be worth it because you're so-” Her voice hitched because of the pace of which she was speaking, trying to fill the awkward silence she had caused. “-beautiful, Sulli. Inside and out and I guess I just wanted you to feel that way, how I see you.” She stopped again, this time looking Sulli deep in the eyes and dropping her hands, which until now had been waving around as she explained herself.

 

This isn't because I don't like the way you look Ssul. Oh my god, that’s exactly what it looks like isn’t it?” Krystal’s expression was now a worried guilt as she contemplated just how she could have overlooked this perception. Her thoughts were interrupted by Sulli's hand gently touching her forearm. Her gaze found it's way back to her friends' eyes which were now b with tears, as she watched a warm smile grow on her porcelain white face.

 

You did this for me? Really?” Sulli asked.

 

Soojung nodded with an awkward smile, hoping the misunderstanding was just in her head.

 

This is the most incredible gift, Soojung. You did all this because you wanted me to feel better about myself,” Sulli was overwhelmed by the sheer thought of this gift. The fact that someone cared enough about how she saw herself touched her heart. The small present in her pocket seemed unworthy of such a person.

 

That is the kindest thing you could ever do for someone. Thank you Jungie.” Sulli squeezed Krystal's arm and pulled her into an embrace. Their bodies collided in such a way that Krystal’s chin rested on her shoulder and her arms wrapped around the olders' waist. Sulli ran her hands down Soojung's back and closed her eyes, inhaling the same perfume she sampled minutes ago.

 

They pulled away from each other but Krystal held onto Sulli's hand.

 

Now go crazy Ssul. Be you.” She gave one last squeeze as the hairdresser was finally able to lead Sulli to her chair, which was just out of sight from the waiting room. This meant Krystal wouldn't be able to see what Sulli was doing until after it was finished. This thought left her nervous and excited at the same time.

 

The minutes passed and Krystal had occupied her time listening to music and looking at magazines, her curiosity sufficiently ebbed. It wasn't until the clock on her phone read 3:15 that Sulli reappeared from the small room, hair chopped into a boyish almost-bowl-cut and face decorated with beautiful shades of pink and yellow. Krystal's mouth hit the floor.

 

Oh my god Ssul! It's so...” Her voice trailed off but the excitement could be seen on her face.

 

Short...?” Sulli tried, a hand behind her head combing down her new hairstyle.

 

You.” The younger girl finished, grabbing her friend's hand and looking straight into her eyes reassuringly.

 

The two stayed like that for a minute until Soojung jolted and hurriedly checked her phone.

 

We're gunna be late, come on!” Krystal quickly paid and left, again dragging the newly made over Jinri along with her.

 

This time they stopped at a nail salon. The same routine was followed, appointment for one Choi Jinri while Krystal sat in the waiting area. This time the booth was nearer so they had the opportunity to chat a bit.

 

Why aren’t you getting your nails done too Jungie? We could be matching.” Sulli said with the smallest hint of faked enthusiasm.

 

This is your present Ssul, not mine. Besides, I didn't have enough money to pay for both of us. Just relax and let the nice lady make your nails pretty.” She said with a smile. “Oh, you're getting a pedicure too.” She stuck her tongue out at the older girl and pointed to one of the foot massaging baths they had.

 

Sulli squealed with excitement, making the nail stylist falter and give her an aggravated stare. The girls exchanged glances and chuckled at the whole situation, earning another stare from the stylist.

 

Throughout the afternoon Sulli was pampered by a number of people each making her more beautiful than the last. Krystal had bought her new clothes and new shoes and even a little phone chain that matched her own, so they would be linked wherever they went. It was a real girls day that Krystal had planned down to a T. It was 6:00 and Sulli had completely forgotten that she was hungry until her stomach made a sound like a dying animal.

 

Soojung brought her hand to her own stomach and pulled out her phone.

 

That's right, It's almost dinner time.” She declared. The two were tired from walking around all day and the amount of bags they carried didn't exactly lighten the load but despite the fatigue, whenever their eyes met, the girls still found something to laugh about. The simple joy of a girls day out, and the small moments that made them both feel like they were flying above everyone, really gave them a much needed diffuser. It reminded them of what things were like before they started to develop these confusing feelings for one another.

 

It reminded them of drew them together in the first place.

 

The last couple weeks had been tense because they were tiptoeing around each other, trying to cope with the butterflies that arose whenever they breathed in the general vicinity of one another, but today had shown that there was no need for awkwardness. They knew their feelings were mutual.

 

So , Oh Mighty Krystal, where are we eating? Or did you not plan for that?” Sulli teased as they set their bags down on a nearby bench, their hands now easily finding each other.

 

Oh I planned for it. Dinner's always the best part,” Soojung plopped down on the bench, “but our reservation isn't until 6:30 so here, sit down.” She tugged Sulli's hand.

 

Krystal rested her head on Sulli's shoulder and played with their hands in her lap. Everything about this day had gone exactly as planned, better even. Because of it, Soojung thought she had a better sense of Jinri's feelings for her, their comfort level had returned to normal, and they both felt better about themselves. Just one last part was left, but it was the part Soojung had been leading up to all day. The most important part of their date.

 

So are you gunna tell me where or do I have to wait?” Sulli asked, already knowing the answer.

 

Soon Ssul, soon, be patient. Can we just sit for a while?” Soojung buried her face into the others' shoulder and grabbed her arm almost like a pillow. “I wanna remember this...”

 

Sulli looked down at the younger girl and nuzzled her face to the top of her head, rubbing her arm gently.

 

Sure Jungie.”

 

The smell of perfume was replaced by shampoo and Sulli felt the cloth of Soojung's blue jacket under her fingers. Conscious of every breath, the taller girl worked to control her respiration and sky-rocketing heartbeat. Soojung liked the sound of the other girls' heart, and found it easy to beat along with as she began drumming her fingers on Sulli's arm. It gave her solace in what she was doing. Made sure she knew it wasn't all for naught.

 

They sat like that for fifteen minutes, just listening to each other breathe, until Krystal released Sulli's arm and got up.

 

We'd better get going. It's on the other side of the mall.” She made a pained face and dragged Sulli to her feet, making sure to grab all the bags as they went.

 

When they arrived at their final destination of the evening, Sulli couldn't help but laugh.

 

Reservations huh? Does this place even take reservations?”

 

No, I just said that so we could rest for a few minutes,” She brought her hand to her face, “I'm exhausted.”

 

The place they were going to eat was Colie's Cafe, a small cozy place that the girls always passed by, but never went in.

 

I figured since you like Cafe food, and we've never actually come in here, it would be a nice change of pace.” Soojung justified, “Besides, after all the money I spent on everything else, I didn't really have left much for dinner.”

 

With a light hit from Jinri, the two made their way to the counter and looked over the menu. Krystal glanced around the establishment and saw that there was only a few people there, which made it even easier to do what she was planning. After a few minutes of deliberation, the couple made their way to an empty booth and had a seat.

 

You didn't have to get a water you know, I have enough to pay for dinner.” Krystal assured her older friend, slightly insulted.

 

I know, I wanted it. Really thirst after walking around all day you know?” Sulli traced and Krystal rolled her eyes.

 

Sure.” She'd let her spoil her all day, but barely pay for dinner? This girl.

 

An awkward silence engulfed the table. Both girls were suddenly feeling uncomfortable, contrary to everything that had happened today. Acting like a couple was one thing, but asking was a whole other story.

 

Sulli had her hand on the small gift in her pocket, playing with it, trying to decide how and when would be the right time to give it. Her nerves shot up and she was hyper-aware of everything around her. Soojung had taken off her shoes and crossed her legs on her side of the booth in an effort to get more comfortable. Sulli nervously kicked at the discarded shoes and brought her hands to rest on either side of her. The sound of air blowing permeated the silence as Sulli let her breath escape, looking at the wall. Krystal clicked her tongue.

 

Krystal” an employee shouted, placing their food on the counter. Krystal shot up and half put on her shoes to retrieve it. When she came back she was greeted by an almost drooling Sulli. In their endeavors she had forgotten just how hungry she was and was so ready to eat this pizza. Sulli ordered a Flatbread, while Krystal got a Buffalo Chicken Wrap. Krystal got iced tea and Sulli, of course, got water.

 

The two started eating almost immediately, stopping here and there to tell each other how good the food was and sharing bites in between. The mood was almost restored until they heard something small and metallic fall on the ground.

 

Sulli frantically checked her pocket for her gift and was surprised when it was still there. Looking across the table to a distraught Soojung bending over and quickly picking up the object, Sulli caught a glimpse of silver as the younger girl quickly fought to hide it.

 

What's that Jungie?” Jinri asked, genuinely concerned.

 

It's nothing, it's uh... My phone, duh.” Krystal said discretely drawing her iPhone from her pocket.

 

Your phone isn't metallic, why are you lying? What is it?” Sulli had a wide smile on her face as she reached over the table and battled her friend for the object.

 

No, stop! Hey! It was supposed to be a surprise!” Krystal said defeated, as Sulli finally wrestled the item from her grasp.

 

Please Soojung, this whole day was a surprise.” Sulli said as she glanced over at her frustrated friend.

 

What Sulli held in her hands was an engraved sterling silver compact mirror with the words 'Merry Christmas' written on the top and 'To: The Beautiful You, Love: Soojungie' on the underside. As she examined the exterior hung slightly open and her eyes held the softest expression they ever had. She glanced up at Soojung who was hiding behind her hand.

 

Open it.”

 

She did as instructed. The inside held a pink face puff and light pink blush, similar to what she had on now from the stylist. Pink had always looked good on her, it complimented her pale skin tone. What really got her though was the mirror. It was round and clear like any other compact, but this one had engraved just below the glass, 'You're beautiful'.

 

Sulli's eyes welled with tears as she looked up from this wonderful gift. She felt her heart beating faster and her breathing stop all together. She was in shock. After all this girl had done for her, she still bought her an expensive gift. Where did she get all this money?!

 

Soojungie, How...” was all she could force out before her lungs failed her.

 

I uh... started babysitting a few kids on the weekends. I've been saving up for a while.” Soojung answered her unspoken question. Now feeling slightly awkward and letting Sulli adjust to the situation, Krystal brought her hands to the table and looked Jinri in the eyes.

 

I wanted to do this before I gave that to you, but uh..--”

 

No, wait! I have your gift too! I've been trying to think of when to give it to you, but I guess now's as good a time as any.” Sulli chuckled in an awkwardly teary way holding out a little box to the shorter girl.

 

The box was white and no bigger than Krystal’s palm, it had a little red and green ribbon wrapped around it. The ribbon sparkled as she pulled it off and held her thumb on the crease to pull up the top.

 

Giving Sulli one last nervous look, Krystal opened the box to reveal a white gold charm bracelet with 5 charms on it. Immediately she began to pick it up and examine the different characters on it.

 

It's a charm bracelet,” Sulli said shyly. “I only put on 5 things, I figured you could add more as you go. Uhh...” Neither of the girls were very fit for explaining things right now, their brains were an emotional wreck. Sulli did her best to continue though.

 

The ones on there so far are, a music note, because I really like it when you sing to me. A game controller, because you beat me at Nintendo all the time and will not let me win. A snowflake because you taught me how to Ice Skate last winter, even though I fell about 10 times. And a Llama because without our friends, I wouldn't have the courage to do this right now.” Another nervous chuckle escaped Sulli's lips as Soojung pulled up the last charm.

 

What about this one?”

 

Isn't It obvious? It's a wreath. Christmas present, wreath, they kinda go hand in hand.” Sulli the shiny surface of her compact mirror and looked at Soojung.

 

So... Do you like it?” She ventured. She already had a clue when she saw tears fall from the younger's eyes. Neither of them were very emotional, but today they seemed to have found each others weaknesses.

 

Jinri, its perfect. Thank you.” Soojung wiped her tears as she allowed Sulli to clasp the bracelet around her wrist.

 

So what was that thing you wanted to do?” Sulli inquired, with a small smile spreading across her lips.

 

They both knew what was left. All the bells and whistles had been rung, the dinners had, and the presents given. The last thing on their minds was a moment of closure.

 

Krystal scooted out from her side of the booth and made herself comfortable on Sulli's, looking the older girl straight in the eye for the thousandth time that day. The difference was, this look held something new; lust. She placed her arm around Sulli, resting it on the booth while grabbing the taller girls' shoulder and drawing her near. With her other hand Krystal placed her thumb on Sulli's cheek and gently tilted her head to the side.

 

It was like a million fireworks exploded in the Sulli's head. When their lips touched, time seemed to stop and the world revolved around them. She felt Krystal's lips move on her own and moved to match the rhythm. Sulli turned her body and placed a hand on Soojung's knee as the kiss came to an end.

 

When their lips parted, Sulli rested her forehead against Soojung's and opened her eyes.

 

She really is beautiful

 

The two were soon overcome by silent laughter as Krystal brought her hands down to clasp Sulli's, the charm bracelet jingling along the way.

 

I really love you Jinri.” Soojung said, bringing the others hands to her lips, muffling her words.

 

Sulli shook her head against the smaller girls' and lowered their hands, where she saw that Krystal had a small amount of lipstick on and chuckled.

 

I really love you too Soojung.”

 

The giggling and kissing ensued until Krystal's mom picked them up around 8. Krystal thought she had gotten all the lipstick off by the time her mom dropped her new girlfriend off at her house and walked into her own, but before she could reach the solace of her room, she heard one sassy sister of hers utter two words.

 

ing finally.”

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

HERP DE DERP DONT HATE ME. 

i know its been a month and i have no excuses.

this isnt even the plot, but here have some jungli fluff.

next chapter tho. oh boy it got it all planned out.

hyosic to the MAXX YALL.

buckle your seatbelts, bc seohyun tells you to. :3 

ok im done.