`❤ cheat sheet & application.

`❤ speak now. ( apply open )

 

Cheat Sheet » Guidelines

〈 001 〉  Copy the provided source code & paste it into a new blog post.
〈 002 〉  Title the application: `❤ speak now. ( last name first name )
〈 003 〉  Follow all guidelines listed in the application and be sure to delete the notes (including parentheses).
〈 004 〉  Don't change or remove anything in the app. No changing font colors, sizes, face, etc.
〈 005 〉  Anytime I ask you for a link or a picture of something, hyperlink it.
〈 006 〉  There is a separate section in the app for each plot line. Fill out only the section you're applying for.
〈 007 〉  The plot outlines are merely suggestions; you don't have to follow them to a T.
〈 008 〉  Turn your app in by leaving a link to it in a comment on the application blog post.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

 

Cheat Sheet » Hints & Extra Info

 

〈 Hint 〉  I realize that this is somewhat confusing and might seem complicated. I promise it's really not as bad as it looks! If after reading the guidelines, you still can't figure out wtf I'm trying to say, don't hesitate to ask me any questions. I'm more than happy to help out!

〈 Hint 〉  Creativity is key. Of course, you've probably heard that 10 billion times, but you really need to create a memorable character that will stand out among the others if you want to get accepted. That doesn't mean that every single detail of her life has to be extraordinarily unique. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

〈 Hint 〉  Choose a good ulzzang that matches the character and plot. These girls aren't high schoolers and as such shouldn't look younger than 19 or 20. Also, I would like to recommend using one of the more well-known ulzzangs simply because it's much easier for me to find good, quality pictures of her that way. If you care, there are a few ulzzangs that I really dislike, but you can ask me more about that if you're worried.

〈 Hint 〉  Be realistic when sculpting your character. First of all, she's (probably) getting married soon, so she's not going to be a teenage girl. She should be at least somewhat mature. She can't be an idol, and it's not very likely that she's the secret princess of China who only found out two years ago on her 20th birthday or something. Make sure that her occupation is age appropriate, too. Examples of nice, realistic occupations would be an aspiring (struggling) actor or model, a teacher, a barkeeper, or something. She's probably not the CEO of a company or the president.

〈 Hint 〉  The story takes place in Seoul, South Korea. Your character doesn't have to originate from Seoul, but she can't live anywhere else, so keep that in mind while writing the app. Speaking of character origin, she has to be full Asian. I prefer full Korean, but she can be half Korean as well. Sorry for being picky about this, but I hate it when all the apps for a fic that takes place in Korea are Chinese or only half Asian. That kind of majority rule isn't realistic.

〈 Hint 〉  Try to make the character history relevant to the plot (obviously), but remember not to make it too dramatic. For example, The Invitation plot is inherently lighthearted, so the character shouldn't have a tragic history full of angst, abuse, everyone close to her dying, etc. because that just wouldn't fit.

〈 Hint 〉  Last but not least, all love interests must be from EXO. Some plot lines call for more than one love interest, so you'll have to be greedy (not that you mind, I bet). All family members must be OCs, including siblings. Everyone else has to be an idol.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

 

Cheat Sheet » Plot Guide

〈 Plot one: The Vow 〉

You are more than welcome to change the character's age! Their promise doesn't have to be set for age 25, though I personally feel that even that is sort of on the low side for wedding expectations. But, hey, some people like getting married young. Just make sure it fits the character. i.e. an ambitious business woman probably wouldn't make a promise to get married at 22, while a girl who aspires to be a traditional housewife probably doesn't want to wait as long as 25.

As for the app, this plot might be the most confusing. Please bear with me and read closely! You are going to choose whether the love interest chooses to marry your character or his fiancée in the end. That means there are potentially two different paths this story can take: the wedding is his fiancée's, or the wedding is your character's. You have to fill the The Wedding section of the app out while keeping your chosen ending in mind.

First part, Bridesmaids: No matter which ending you choose, fill this out as if your character herself were choosing bridesmaids. Reason being that I've replaced the friends section in most apps with this bridesmaids section, so I still need to know who your character's friends are, and IDGAF WHO HIS fiancée's friends are. :P

Second part, The Wedding: Fill this section out according to the ending you have chosen. If the love interest chooses his fiancée, tell me about her wedding. If the love interest chooses your character, tell me about your wedding.

The Ending: Does the love interest choose to marry you or his fiancée?

 

〈 Plot two: The Veil 〉

Your character will reveal the secret at some point. How her fiancé reacts is up to you!

The secret can be pretty much anything you want, provided it's remotely realistic and makes sense for the character. For example, she could be pregnant (when they've already decided not to have kids), she could have cheated on him with another man, she could have lied about having a megaton of plastic surgery, or it could be something completely different!

If the secret you choose involves another man, he should be an idol but cannot be from EXO. Try to steer clear of love triangles per se. If another man is involved, she shouldn't even be considering leaving her fiancé for him or anything like that. Remember, the focus here is the secret that she's keeping from the man she loves, not that she's madly in love with another man and wants to run away with him.

The Ending: does the love interest accept your secret, or does he call off the wedding?

 

〈 Plot three: The Ring 〉

This plot requires you to have two love interests. On the app, The main love interest is the "other man"—the one she meets after she's already engaged. So, please fill out the Love Interest section with the new man's information, as the section for the fiancé's information comes later under the The Ring subsection.

You could make the main love interest someone logically completely wrong for the character. For example (and to be completely cliché), a good girl engaged to a nice guy who falls in love with a bad boy—someone who might technically be a worse match for the girl, but who her heart desires more. Of course, that's just a suggestion! Feel free to do whatever you want with it.

The Ending: do you choose your new love interest or your original fiancé for your happily-ever-after?

 

〈 Plot four: The Invitation 〉

This plot requires you to have two love interests. These two love interests both respond to her "husband wanted" ad, and she'll have to choose one of them to marry in the end.

So, you may notice that I said she has two love interests... but there's only room for one love interest under the The Love subsection of the app. Well, the second love interest section is at the bottom of the app, under the The Invitation subsection. Note that it doesn't matter who you put as 1st or 2nd love interest. In other words, just because you put Kris as the 1st love interest doesn't mean your character has to end up with Kris. She could choose Chen, the 2nd love interest, if you want. Despite the numbering, they're pretty much equal priority.

Also, remember that Everyone around The Invitation is married. Like, everyone. So she should at least be a little familiar with wedding planning since she's been a bridesmaid at least a billion times. That doesn't mean you have to literally say she's a whiz at wedding planning in the app. Just don't tell me she at it (lol) Unless you have a really good reason to back it up!

The Ending: do you choose love interest #1 or #2... or neither?!

 

Turn-in PostSource Code Sample App