Chapter One

Two Ways

  Kibum walked over to his wife and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, a gave a peck on her head. "Good morning Nicole!" Nicole made an attempt to swat her husband's head with the ladle she is washing. "Yah, go eat your breakfast! Taeminnie, go pull your father over!" Kibum grinned, and allowed Taemin to tug him by his hand to the dining table. The smell of bacon is starting to make his stomach growl.
  
  Once seated, Taemin dragged his stool over to sit beside his father. Kibum patted his head. "Still hungry?" Taemin shook his head, stole a few glances at the refrigerator, and gave Kibum a pleading look. Kibum laughed aloud. "If it is Taemin wanting another carton of banana milk, it's going to be a no! He had too much lately," Nicole said, without turning around from her dish-washing. Taemin pouted, and Kibum pinched his cheeks. "Now listen to your mother! You've had your fair share of milk this morning," Kibum said to Taemin. Taemin nodded sadly. Kibum gave another pinch at his cheeks and resume eating his breakfast. "So Jinki hyung is returning today?"
  
  Nicole wiped her hands dry on her apron. "Yup, we'll pick him up later on, the arrival time is around noon." Taemin clapped his hands in glee. "Yay, Jinki samchon is coming!" He continued on to shake his head vigorously to the right, making sounds that sounded like ‘blehhhhh'. Nicole chuckled. "Look at what that rogue of an uncle taught him, is he trying to imitate Donald Duck?" She went over to Taemin and cuddled him. "You said you're going to be busy later?"
  
  Kibum nodded while munching on a piece of bacon. "Yeah, some client needs to try out the wedding dress I designed for her. Tell Jinki hyung I'm sorry I couldn't make it!" Nicole smiled and twirled a lock of Taemin's hair. "He'll understand! Come on Taeminnie, let's brush up and go meet samchon, okay?" Nicole picked him up and went up the stairs. Kibum shove the last bits of bacon in his mouth and washed his plate, picking up his tumbler of mocha Nicole prepared for him. "Appa's leaving now!" Kibum hollered. A diminished sound of a high-pitched voice returned his call. Kibum smiled, and left the house.
  
*************

  A slightly muscled man bent over the belt of the luggage claim to retrieve his guitar, and flipped the casing open to check on the condition of his beloved instrument. Tracing over the smooth alder wood, he is satisfied with the way it was treated, and the red sticker with the word "FRAGILE" was not just placed for display. This guitar, was special to him in many ways.

  While waiting in line to get through the customs, he looked around at his surroundings. It has been six years. Six years since he have stepped upon his homeland. Six years since he could hear his mother tongue spoken all around him. Six years since he have seen- No. He shook his head, and stopped his memories, threatening to flood his whole mind.
  
  The customs officer flipped open his passport for stamping. "Kim Jonghyun-ssi? Welcome back to Korea!" He smiled at the woman, and nodded his head in appreciation while taking back his passport. He entered the arrival hall, the sudden gust of wind from the air-conditioner fluffing his medium length brown-hair. Smoothing it down, he stood in the middle of the hall.
  
  I'm back.
  
++++++++


A/N: Just in case you want to know, all of their hairstyles are from SHINee's "Hello" era! Except for little Taeminnie, as I have described his hair being mushroomy... Thanks for subscribing and reading!