Chapter 13 - END

MIA

 

It was Ji Eun’s birthday and she was left to stay at home as a present from the company. It was one really appreciated present. She got up at around 12pm and stretched yawning loudly and snuggling in her covers even more. Then she heard the door opening and without even turning she murmured:

“Marry, leave me be.” But the woman didn’t answer, nor did she get out. Ji Eun heard her stepping to her bed and sitting on it, leaning down and kissing her cheek, later nuzzling her nose there… That was most definitely not Marry. The solo singer turned around and faced a smiling boy with soft gradient colored* hair and big warm and brown eyes. Her own eyes widened and she smiled goofily grabbing his nose and pulling it.

“Ouch! Ji Eun, don’t do that!” whined the boy and rubbed his nose when he got himself free.

“Then tell me when you’re about to come.” Said Ji Eun and pouted turning around.

“Don’t turn your back on me missy.” Threatened the boy and turned her back around pulling her hands and making her stand up. “I made you breakfast.”

“Is it eatable?”

“Kibum showed me how to do it, so it is.” Continued pulling her the boy.

 

When they were sitting on the table Ji Eun was mostly looking at the boy, who at the end shifted uncomfortably.

“What is it?” he finally asked putting his fork down.

“Why did you hate the other Ji Eun so much?” she couldn’t help herself. It was kind of strange seeing him act this nicely for the last few days when just before them he was a total jerk. Jonghyun sighed and grabbed his fork again playing with his food.

“When we met… A few days later, when you disappeared she told everyone in the neighborhood that I was crazy and I was a liar and that I was stalking her.” At the last he giggled. “I have no idea how such a small girl will know what a stalker is. It was just because I wanted to get to know her too. Of course when we grow up she forgot all about it, but it was not like I could forget how everyone was teasing and bulling me, because of her. I refused to accept that she was a nice and sweet girl and I knew you were one, so I waited for you.” With that he smiled like what he just said was some pretty child’s story. Then he started eating again leaving Ji Eun just staring at him.

 

Later when both of them were done with eating they made a film marathon and watched at least 10 films. Now it was around 11pm and Jonghyun was trying to hide his yawns during the 11th film, but to no avail. Ji Eun rested her head on his shoulder and snuggled closer, wrapping her arms around his torso and closing her eyes. She felt his heart beat, but she couldn’t decide if it was even or not.

“Are you sleepy?” asked the boy her hair.

“You’re more sleepy.” Answered Ji Eun looking at him. He smiled uncomfortably, ashamed he was found out, and stretched getting up.

“I better go.” He looked down at her and his eyes were filled with something Ji Eun couldn’t describe.

“You have schedules tomorrow…” it was not a question, more like a statement. No way was he having 2 free days in a row.

“So do you.” Answered the boy and headed to the door, Ji Eun following behind.

At the door no one said anything. The boy put on his coat, then his shoes and turned to Ji Eun who was looking sleepy now. He stepped to her and bended a little pecking her lips, which woke her up in an instant.

“Happy birthday Ji Eun-ah.” With that he left the girl blushing and fidgeting and fangirling on her own.

 

Nine Years Later

Ji Eun was sitting on a bridge near the lake of the summer house she was allowed to go for her birthday. With her were In Na and Jiyeon, her new best friends, along with their boyfriends** and some other friends too. Only her boyfriend was missing. He was somewhere in Japan right now and some Japanese idol was flirting with him (she knew, because Kibum was so kind to inform her). Ji Eun kicked the water scrunching her nose and wondering why was she with him again? He was a total playboy, even if they were dating for… 9 years now? Today she was turning 27 and he was already 30. For how much more was he going to just play around? Well they were still idols, and it was only a year since their relationship was known to public, but they were of age now… She wanted a family and to retire from the entertainment business. Was it too hard to figure?

Then out of the blue someone wrapped his arms around her and pulled her up, lifting her off the ground. She screamed and trashed in the person’s arms until he put her down backing away a little when she turned her angry gaze.

“Kim Jonghyun, you retarded brat!” she yelled and hit him on the chest, making him wobble on his feet.

“What did I do?” the boy asked baffled. She looked at his puppy look and thought that even if he was 30 he still locked like a baby cocker spaniel… a black one at this moment, with his raven black hair.

“Who were you flirting with? Kibum told me!” Jonghyun laughed and crushed Ji Eun in a tight hug.

“Think a little!” he said nuzzling his nose in hers. “He sent you the message 30minutes ago, how can I fly back from Japan in so short?” with that he pecked her lips and lifted her up again. This time Ji Eun pouted and hit him again on the head.

“Why did you do it?”

“I wanted to see how you will react.” He simply stated letting her down again. And as soon as her feet met the ground the girl walked passed her boyfriend and in to the house. “Ji Eun~” he whined running to stop her.

“What now?” the girl spat turning around and facing a simple silver ring.

“Marry me.” Jonghyun took her hand and placed the ring. “I’m so sorry it took me so long, but I waited 9 years for you to show up again. I wanted to wait another 9 to ask for your marriage. Sorry I’m selfish.” With that Ji Eun wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him softly.

Junhyung was right after all – those two were meant no matter how strange it looked.

 

* - I don’t remember how his hair was… So I wrote that.

** - think of whoever you want to =D

***

I'm so sorry it took me so long to finish this! T-T I just had an important exam today and I tried studying for it and I left this story behind, but that's also partly because of my other story that I write at the moment.

But anyway this is the end. I did a double update as to compensate my absence and I hope you liked it.

And there is a happy cheesy ending like everyone wanted (including me).

So ... This is it ^^ I hope I will see you somewhere in some of my other stories. Bye Bye from here~