Chapter 10

MIA

When Ji Eun arrived at the shooting place she tried to talk to Jonghyun, but that guy was avoiding her like a plague. He would run in the man’s bathroom or talk to the make-up artists and pay her no attention.  This guy was really stubborn, but she would make him talk.

When he was left alone on his chair near the pool she rushed to him and stopped right before him.

“We need to talk.”

“I told you. We have nothing to talk about.” Said the boy sighing and looking bored at her.

“You’re really two sided.” Spat the girl and was about to say something again when someone tapped her shoulder.

“Ji Eun-shi?” the CF director said and the girl smiled cheerfully. “Can you go on the jumping board? I want to take some photos of you there.”

“D-Deh…” answered the girl and headed to where she was told. Being on the board was ok… as long as she doesn’t fall in.

Ste stood there still, afraid to move, but she got scolded for that and she had to move. She stretched her hands away and smiled bending her torso a little to the left.

“Good. Can you jump in one place?” asked the director.

“Deh?”

“Jump.”

Ji Eun gulped and jumped. She didn’t fall – that’s good.

“One more time.”

She jumped once again this time more confident that she would stay on place. But as she landed her position on the board changed and she landed more at the front, which caused her to lose her balance and fall in the water.

It was warm. The water was warm, but it made Ji Eun freeze. The fact that she suddenly fell and that she had no breath was making her panic. She flapped her hands trying to go up, but all she did was fall. She could see what was happening outside trough a ripple. Someone was dashing her way and then jumped. She reached for that person and when he grabbed her hand he pulled her out wrapping one of his arms around her, while with the other he removed the hair from her face. All she could do was wrap her arms tight around his neck.

“Yah! You ok?” that person sounded shocked, scared. Ji Eun took a deep breath and tried to take in her surroundings. She nodded feeling she’s getting better. “Let’s take you out.”

The solo singer looked at the person holding her and she tightened her grip. She felt her stomach flutter and she almost started crying again.

“Why do you keep doing this?” she mumbled and looked sideways. She felt Jonghyun sigh and he stopped.

“Did you want to drawn?” he asked looking at her with angry eyes.

“Jonghyun, is she okay?” asked one of the staff members.

“Yes. She just needs to take a breath and we’re getting out.” Answered the boy and turned to Ji Eun again. “If you want to I can let go of you this instant.” With the statement Ji Eun clung to the boy and looked scared. Jonghyun only chuckled. “Thought so.”

“But why did you jump?” asked again the girl.

“I somehow… knew you were drowning. I don’t know. I was the first to react.” Answered the boy as they reached the ladder. “Get up.” He ordered and the girl complied. She was not getting alone in the water while he climbed up, because she was playing stubborn.

When she reached the top her manager wrapped her in a blanket and hugged her tight. The director apologized and told her that he wouldn’t have made her get there if he knew she couldn’t swim. She then went to the dressing room to change and gather her thoughts.

“Ji Eun, you idiot.” She grunted hitting her head in the locker in front of her.  Then she sighed and slumped on the bench behind her. “Why did you have to fall for him… You can’t even deny it now.” She sighed again pouting. She stood like that for another good 5 minutes before she went out.

Opening the door she faced the figure of her savior from a few minutes ago. She was just about to ask him what was he doing here when he grabbed her hand and pulled her to somewhere. She didn’t say a thing, knowing he would probably snap and leave her there.

Jonghyun stopped on the staircase between floors. Then he looked if someone was not coming from somewhere and then he faced the girl.

“Will you leave me alone if I tell you?” finally said the boy. “I’m tired of you following me around. Even the staff is spreading rumors. That’s the last thing I need.”

“I…” started Ji Eun and then looked at the floor thinking. She started getting attached to him, but that was because she always followed him around searching for the truth, so if he told her and she stopped everything was going to turn back to normal, right? To where he hated her and she couldn’t standing him. “I will. So tell me.”

“I know about you.” he said crossing his arms on his chest. “The fact that you have a split personality.” At that Ji Eun widened her eyes. No one was supposed to know about this, except her company, right? “You wonder how I know, right? When we were kids, you were 9 then; we were neighbors for a like month. Actually I… I met your other you.” At this Ji Eun froze. He met her then, since Junhyung told her that she was switched here 9 years ago when he was learning his powers. But she didn’t remember a thing. She met Jonghyun when she woke in the hospital… “She was a sweet and cute girl. She asked me to be her friend since I was always alone. The next day you appeared and I got really confused. For 12 years old I had no idea what was happening. You didn’t know me and you ran away crying. The following day the other you appeared again and she apologized. She told me some days are slipping on her and that she couldn’t remember the previous day. So we made a code. She would greet me with a special nickname and I will respond with the one I thought for her.” At this point Jonghyun was smiling, but soon his smile faded. “A week passed and my birthday was nearing, so she promised me to celebrate it with me and I promised her that we would celebrate hers together too… But she never showed up.” Jonghyun looked with anger in his eyes at Ji Eun and she could see his jaw sharpening. “I watched you for the following week. You were nowhere near the girl I came to know. And later you moved. When I was 18 we moved to the middle of the city and I went to the neighbor school you went to. The moment I saw you I could recognize you. I watched if you changed or not and you were the same. Then I became an idol and year or two later you popped up too. Yea, you have great voice, but that’s the only thing I like about you. You were high and mighty, too proud. And now I have to work with you. And I get to know you more and I don’t like it.” The last words came out as a hiss. At this point Ji Eun got everything he said. Why was he always angry and meant to her, why was he so sweet at his birthday… He wanted to celebrate his birthday with her… but he didn’t know that.

“And what about now?” suddenly asked the girl, before she came to her senses. She wanted to know. How was he looking her now? “How do you see me now?”

“As something I don’t want close to me.” Answered the boy and passed her. Ji Eun turned around and looked at him disappearing until she spoke.

“But you don’t hate me, huh?” she smiled and headed up the stairs too. “Then I have to remember… right?”

 

***

Well everyone I think you got your answer about what Jonghyun is hiding ;)

And please don't call him bad =/ He has his own reasons for being like that... But I do hate him too sometimes XD

So... I'm reaching the end finally XD I have an idea on what to do and maybe it will take me a few more chapters for it. But since I'm thinking about my other story too it takes me some time to complete this.

Please forgive me~ ^^