two

Death, Made Me Realize

 

During the next days, he kept on showing her pictures and videos, visiting the places, eating the food, doing the activities they once shared in their past memories. Woohyun has been making an effort for it. But during all these times, she still refuses to remember any of it. When will you say the truth, Eunji? she mentally scolded herself. "After something happened to you...." He trailed off and looked away. She stared at him, waiting for the continuation. "I started going out with Chorong." Even if her heart had stopped beating several days ago, she still felt like it was currently breaking into a million pieces. "Oh." was all she can ever come up with. She looked at the opposite direction and gather some courage to speak more. "What... what does it has something to do with me?" "It's because you confessed to me before." She wanted to hit him hard on the head for being so straightforward. She started laughing and hit his back instead. "Really? I can't believe it! Hahahahahahahahaha!! Me? Falling for you? What a stupid thing." She grabbed her things and stood up. "I'll go now. Thank you for today." She smiled with the best she can and walked away, hiding the pain.

 

 

Woohyun arrived early than usual in school. He headed to the music and arts building only to hear a beautiful melody playing at the last room. This song... He quicken his pace, not wanting to lose the one playing such important song from his past. He rushed inside and found her behind the grand piano at the middle of the room. "You were lying all along?" He huffed in between of his heavy breathing. She closed to the cover of the piano keys and slowly stood up. "No. I was just playing some game. It has been fun hanging out with you again." She replied in a stern voice, avoiding any eye-contact. "I can't believe you." He said in disgust and walked away, banging the door behind him with disappointment written on his face. She sighed and watched his retreating figure, slowly dispersing. "I can't believe myself too."

 

Since that day happened, they keep on giving each other a cold shoulder. None of them can't focus on their studies, none of them can't focus on their extra-co curricular activities, and none of them can't focus properly on their life. Woohyun messes his own hair in annoyance and kicked the bed sheets out of him. This is not it. He grabbed his coat and headed out. Never expecting his feet would bringing him in front of her apartment. He cleared his throat and ring the bell. The door opened, revealing a different woman. "What do you want?" She asked in a bored sleepy tone. "I'm here for.. Eunji." He tried to take a glimpse inside but there was no sign of her. "She left an hour ago." The woman rubbed her eyes. "Where to?" "I don't know. Now, will you please excuse me, I'm so sleepy." She closed the door immediately that made him dumbfounded. "Thank you?" He started walking around, trying to catch some familiar figure anywhere he went to until he reached a bridge and found her leaning on it.

 

Sigh. It's her thousandth time. My life before and after death is a complete.. sigh. Chills drawn to her body as a person ran pass by and suprised her successfully. "YAH!" She madly shouted at him. His laughter was like an angel singing. "Sorry." Woohyun spoke in between his laughs. "It's not alright." Eunji looked away in a pissed manner. "Sorry for what happened the day before." He leaned on the railings beside her. "Ah. Can I talk about Chorong?" She kept on staring ahead, not minding to answer. "I'll take that as a yes then." He chuckled. "About Chorong, do you think we are made for each other?"

"I'm already dead. How will I know such thing." She replied coldly, still her eyes never left what's ahead. "Is it only the living that can feel something?" There was a small pause and this time, she turned to him with the eyes he had once saw that night. "Yes. Because these feelings are what keeps you breathing. These feelings are what you are fighting for."

"How did you know?" He asked carefully, his eyes never left hers. "I was once felt it. But it never get reciprocated." It was a mumble but Woohyun's ear is sharp enough to hear a crack on her voice. "Can those feelings be back at some points?"

"I don't want to." She answered immediately, breaking the contact. "Even if I jump off of this bridge? At this moment, at this hour, at this minute, at this second.." Her eyes grew wide as she saw him already climbed up to the railings. "Babo! Get down!" She grabbed him down and fall on top of her. "I hate you for always ruining my life! Life or death, no matter how much I distance myself from you, I am always being attracted to you. Why do you keep on appearing or why do I keep on following?" He felt his shirt getting wet from the tears in her eyes. He wrapped his arm around her and hugged her tight. "I'm sorry for not being honest but I am in love with you. Ever since your confession. I'm sorry for being late." 

Light glowed on the waters and angels descended from above. It's time. The angels conversed with Eunji and she nodded. She looked at Woohyun and give out a gentle smile. "I knew that you were the reason why I live. Thank you, I love you." With their one last kiss, her figure have started disappearing slowly. He watched her leave, never missing a single detail.

"Eunji. You will never be forgotten."