one

Death, Made Me Realize

 

Male or female, young or adult. She have touched a lot of hearts everywhere she goes. With the bright smile she always kept on her face, you can't help it but to be drawn. She is smiling in the picture, but why does the people here kept on crying? Even the tough ones, but exceptionally one. She must be happy with God already, right? Woohyun kept on staring at the ground, where the young girl, his own friend, was being buried deep. Still at this moment, there are no tears coming out from his eyes. She is important to him, but why is he not crying? I can't cry, because there will be no one who can wipe it from me. Why did you go earlier than me? He bent down and left a single black rose on top of her name. As he turned around, he felt a gush of cold wind pass by him. He smiled a little and whispered, "I will miss you." He started walking home, not minding of the buses and cabs passing by. He arrived the front porch of his house with his aching feet, but not minding any of it. I deserve this. He headed to his room and reached for the doorknob, but he stopped mid-way, as a memory flashed back at him.

 

 

He entered his room and clicked the switch on. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" She beamed right in front of him with a small cake on her delicate hands. He clutched into his chest and sighed in relief. "You almost killed me!" She stuck her tongue out. "This is the day you were born not when you die. Now, make a wish!" He chuckled and closed his eyes, after making a wish, he blew the cnadle lights off. She clapped happily and pulled out two forks. "Time to eat!!" "You were waiting for that all along." They started eating in a comfortable silence while watching the stars shining bright in the dark night sky.

"Oppa?"

"Hmm?"

"There is something I want to tell you." She put down her plates and shifted to her seat to have a better look of him. Because of the dim light emitted from his room, he barely caught the pink shade on her chubby cheeks. "I don't mind if this will break our friendship. It's just that, I don't want to have any regrets in my life." She breathe in and out, unknowingly that he does the same. "This is making me nervous, Eunji-yah." She chuckled lightly and shook her head. "What I wanted to tell you is, I'm being a such a fool for liking you more than a friend now, oppa. Yeah, I like you, Woohyun oppa."

 

 

He closed the door behind him and leaned on it. He crouched down and make a ball out of himself. Finally, the tears he have been keeping, had already a chance to be free. Loud sobs filled the dark room. He desperately called for her while tugging on his sleeves. "Eunji! Jung Eunji! I want you back! I should've been the one who died! I want you here beside me! Why did you leave me!"

 

 

A week later. 

 

She fluttered her eyes open and stared at the gigantic gate right in front of her. This is...? She looked at her hands then to her whole body. She is perfectly clean. No bruises, no blood stains, no damage at all. What is happening? As she tried to remember, only headache comes as the answer. She groaned in pain while clutching on her small head. Aish. She heard footsteps coming close which made her panic and look around for a place to hide but it was too late. "Excuse me." That one voice she was so familiar with and never will she forget. "You're in the way." She whipped her head around and came face-to-face with her past love. He was shock as her that their eyes might bulge out from its sockets. He let go from the grip of the girl beside him and started rubbing his eyes. Am I hallucinating? It can't be. No way. He tried to pinch himself and yelp in pain. He looked straight at her. "Eunji." Mixed emotions dwelled upon her whole body. She wanted to cry, she wanted to scream, she wanted to jump and hug him so tight like it was before, but she stopped herself from doing anything. "Eunji? Eunji!" their friends are more like horrified to see her. Their eyes never left a single detail on her appearance but she was all normal. Like nothing happened before. She is good as new. "Annyeong Haseyo." Eunji bowed politely and displayed her eye-smile. "I'm sorry but.." She tilted her head on the right side. "...but may I know who you are?" Maybe pretending that I don't know them will help me move on and reach the heaven.