Love can do Crazy things to people

You Promised you'd Never Make me Cry

He stopped walking and stood still for a couple of moments. Should I do this? Running his hand through his hair he started walking back to the house. He opened the door and went back inside and sat down next to her. He brushed her hair away from her face and smiled, he was going to miss her; her smile, her laughter, her personality, her. He was going to miss her.

“Why God? Why are you doing this to me?” He looked up hoping he would find answers.

“I’m so sorry” he murmured as he continued her hair.

“L.Joe-“ She mumbled and turned around. Tear drops fell and hit his hand. He gulped, he hated seeing her cry. He promised her he’d never make her cry and here she was crying, because of him.

“Shhh I’m here” He replied as he wiped her tears away. She held onto his arm.

“Please don’t leave” His heart stung and he closed his eyes.

“I can’t change the future. Oh how I wish I could stay with you babe” He pulled the covers tighter around her and lay down. He wrapped his arms around her petite body and pulled her close.

“Just for a few seconds, let’s pretend everything’s okay, just for a few seconds.” He whispered into her hair. Her tears had stopped and her heart had stopped aching, at that moment she had no idea but all the sadness she had felt over the past few hours had disappeared.

~~~~~

“What happened here?” A man in a uniform asked as he opened the door and set foot in what was thought to be a crime scene.

“We found two dead bodies sir” A much younger man who was walking beside answered.

“How?”

“We got a call from the neighbor, she knew one of the victims and she had gone to check up on her and when she did she…. Found them both.” The younger man answered again.

“Cause of death?” The man in the uniform asked as he climbed over the tape and looked at the bed. The bodies were gone now, for an autopsy.

“We still don’t know, there was no blood, nothing. It was a clean death.” The woman answered now who was writing down something on her pad.

“How did we find them?”

“Wrapped around each other” The younger man answered.

“So they were lovers-“ The man in the uniform was interrupted by his phone.

“Hello?” He asked picking it up. The woman on the other line introduced herself and began to talk. The man kept nodding and finally shut off his phone.

“Who was that?” The woman writing asked.

“It was the autopsy report-“ The man halted, not knowing how to continue.

“And” The young man prompted.

“The boy had cancer and it was terminal….” The man in the uniform closed his eyes and put his palms together.

“And the girl?” The woman asked closing her pad.

“We have no idea, there is nothing evident inside or outside her body that suggested she died.”

“What? That’s impossible!” The young man cried out.

“Actually it isn’t” The man in the uniform answered. “Love can do crazy things to people.”