I'm so sorry

You Promised you'd Never Make me Cry

“Why?” One word manged to come out from as her face was stained from tears.

“L.Joe why?” He looked back at her as he neared the doorway.

“Is it because of someone else? Is that it? Did you cheat on me?” L.Joe marched over to and grabbed her roughly.

“How can you even think that?” He asked loudly.

“Well what am I supposed to think when you’re breaking up with me out of the blue?” She sniffled. L.Joe remained silent for a few seconds.

“It’s for your own good” He said softly.

“How?! How is this for my own good? I am crying L.joe. You promised me you would never make me cry!” She yelled at him, he laid her head donw on his shoulder and she continued crying.

“Please don’t leave… like everybody else” She mumbled into his shoulder.  

“I’m sorry” L.Joe whispered int her hair.

“No you’re not! If you were really sorry you wouldn’t leave me!”

“You don’t understand-“

“Then make me understand! I want you to stay, how can I make it even more clear?” She asked as he pushed him away.

“Look, come here-“

“No! Stop treating me like a child! I can handle many things, I’m a strong girl!” She defended herself trying to wipe away her tears in the process.

“I know you are but you have to understand that this…. This is for your own good” A single tear rolled down his face but he didn’t notice it. All he could see was her and her crying face in front of him.

“No! This isn’t for my own good! I have nobody if you leave, my parents are gone in case you forgot and, and I have nobody L.Joe. Please don’t do this to me” She wimpered and swayed, he immedietly ran over catching her as she fell.

~~~~~

“At least tell me why.” She said as she sat down, L.Joe followed her handing her a glass of water.

“I can’t” She looked at him with sorrowful eyes.

“Why not?” She asked again.

“It’s for your own good”

“Stop saying that!” She yelled.

“I love you” He whispered as he held her hand.

“No you don’t, if you did you wouldn’t leave” She said again making an attempt to make him stay.

“ I do love you. I always have loved you. I always will love you. You are the reason I breathe and the reason why I am still managing in this world today.” She leaned her head against his shoulder, her breath slowing down.

“I love you too” She whispered.

“That’s why I am leaving.” He answered her. She didn’t answer, L.Joe looked at her and noticed that she had fallen asleep. He picked her up gently and laid her on the bed.

“I’m so sorry…” He whispered as he shut the door.