Chapter 2

Star-Crossed and Meant To Be

“Hey.”

Chaerin groaned as she felt something poke her face. She lifted her hand to push it away but whatever it was caught her hand and started pulling.

“Stop” she breathed out.

There was a chuckle and then another pull.

“Get up.”

She felt her body move against its will as it was dragged along a smooth surface. There was another laugh.

“Chaerin…”

She sighed as she knew that she could no longer go on ignoring the person who wanted to disturb her so much. Her eyes opened just a bit but she quickly closed them once she saw who was in front of her. It all came back instantly and she was quite embarrassed to say the least. With her free hand she covered her face.

“Oh no” she whispered.

She sat up and tried to tug her hand away from his grasp but he refused to let go. He laughed and she could feel her face getting hotter from embarrassment.

“Care to explain?” he asked.

Chaerin kicked her legs around.

“This is so embarrassing!” she yelled.

He laughed once more and quickly pulled her hand away from her face and held it firmly in his grasp. She saw him clearly, his face right in front of hers. She knew what she looked like.

“How long have you been here?” he asked as he looked around.

Chaerin looked around and saw the various food trash and cans of drinks. Now she was even more embarrassed. She looked down and saw the pile of blankets she had used last night.

“Junhyung…”

He turned his attention to her and smirked. He stood up, pulling her along with him.

“Don’t worry. I’m the first one here” he replied.

She sighed in relief. She moved to brush her hair from her face but found her hands still in his. She cleared as she looked at their hands. He caught on and slowly let them go. Once her hands were free, she quickly brought them to her face to hide her shame.

“How bad do I look?” she asked in a low voice.

Junhyung smiled at the question. She didn’t look back at all. When he walked into the dressing room, he was surprised to see her laying on the floor, her body wrapped up in blankets and all her projects scattered around. However, what surprised him the most was how vulnerable she looked. Around the office, she was bright and strong, her charms radiating everywhere. But with her eyes closed and her guard down, she looked like an innocent girl. Her makeup was almost nonexistent and her true face was revealed to him and he liked it a lot. He even began thinking that if she were to come to work without makeup, all the guys would instantly surround her.

“Junhyung?” she asked.

He snapped out of his thoughts.

“What?” he asked.

“Did I look that bad?” she asked once more.

He grinned.

“Yeah” he replied.

She immediately dropped her hands and looked at him. She saw his grin and smiled.

“You know you don’t look bad. In fact, you look like you’re about to do a bed scene photo shoot.”

Chaerin laughed.

“Thanks” she replied.

Junhyung smiled as he studied her. She looked at him with an innocent expression.

“Will you help me clean up?” she asked.

He had many things to do but he knew that even if he left, he would only come back a few minutes later and help out anyway. It was easier to just stay.

“Sure” he replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junhyung stared at her. She looked perfect. She caught sight of him and smiled as she gave him a little wave. He could tell that she was nervous. He smiled a little. It amazed him how she could still feel nervous after so many years in the business. He slowly walked up to her. She smiled widely as she saw him.

“I’m so nervous” she breathed out.

Junhyung wrapped his arms around her.

“Don’t be. You look perfect and you’ll be great” he replied.

Hara kissed his lips quickly. They were surrounded by people and for that, Junhyung was a bit disappointed. If they were alone, he would have done more. They pulled apart and looked at each other. He looked over her dress and smiled.

“This looks great on you” he said.

Hara smiled widely as she lightly touched the material. She loved it so much. Junhyung knew why she loved it so much. He looked over at Chaerin. She was currently helping a model put on a large dress. An hour ago, when Hara was getting her hair and makeup done, Chaerin had come to her with the dress. Junhyung had watched as Chaerin gifted the dress to Hara. It was the dress she had worked so hard on. She even explained that Junhyung had helped in making the dress and she felt that since it was both of their work, Hara should have it. He had never seen Hara so happy. She admired Chaerin.

“Okay, okay. People, the show starts in 5 minutes. All designers to your stations. All models form the lines.”

Hara nudged Junhyung.

“I guess it’s time” she said.

Junhyung kissed her softly and gave her a thumbs up.

“You will be great. I will be right here waiting.”

She waved before she made her way over to the front with all the other models. Junhyung saw Dara and Jiyong walking together. He was holding her hand and giving her encouraging smiles. Jiyong let Dara go with the other models and then made his way over to Junhyung.

“They are all so nervous” he said to Junhyung.

“It’s the biggest show of the year” Junhyung replied.

He gave a side glance at his friend.

“You look nervous too” Junhyung said.

Jiyong smiled.

“Yeah I guess…but for a different reason” he replied.

“You mean the engagement?” Junhyung asked.

“Yeah…this is pretty big. Dara is one of the best models for our agency. I guess I’m a little worried that she will lose popularity if we announce our engagement.  Like they think any job she gets in the future is because her husband is a designer.”

Junhyung patted Jiyong’s shoulder.

“It’s not going to be like that. Dara has been in the industry a long time and she made a name of herself before she even got with you.”

Jiyong smiled.

“Yeah, okay.”

“One minute!” said a staff member.

Everyone was rushing about.

“I’m nervous.”

Jiyong and Junhyung turned to Chaerin. She stood next to them as she looked out into the sea of models. Suddenly the music started and they watched as the first model went out. Junhyung raised his hand and gave her shoulder a gently squeeze for reassurance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the music blared and the various people were enjoying themselves, Junhyung was sitting back in his seat, watching everything happen. The fashion show had been a success and the after party was filled with models, celebrities and designers all celebrating.

“Something wrong?”

Junhyung jumped as he felt Hara’s breath on his ear. He looked at her, giving her a small smile. She gave him a weak smile in return.

“Do you want to go home?” she asked.

She knew that he didn’t really like parties. Junhyung sighed. Of course he wanted to go home but he knew that she was really enjoying herself right now and he didn’t want to ruin her night.

“I’m fine” he replied.

Hara knew better so she laughed.

“Dara and a few other friends are going out to celebrate her engagement. I want to go” she said.

Junhyung restrained himself from groaning.

“It’s okay if you want to go home. I’ll be with Dara all night.”

“I’m not going to leave you alone” he replied.

Hara pouted.

“What? You don’t want me around?” he asked.

Hara bit her bottom lip as she searched for the right words to say.

“It’s not that I don’t want you around….it is just that I’m going to be out all night and I know you won’t talk to anyone. You’ll get bored and then you’ll get angry because I left you all alone while I enjoyed myself.”

Junhyung frowned slightly. She had a point.

“How will you get home?” he asked.

Hara smiled.

“Don’t worry. I’m going to sleep over at Dara’s house. I promise I won’t be out too late. I’ll even call you once I’m at her home.”

Junhyung sighed and looked her over. He could tell she really wanted to go out and have fun with her friends. It wasn’t often that she got to. Between him and her job, she didn’t have much time for anything else, even her friends.

“Call me if there is any trouble” he said.

Hara nodded.

“Don’t worry” she replied.

Junhyung leaned forward and kissed her goodbye before he stood up and made his way out of the venue. He stopped walking as he caught sight of Chaerin and Zico walking outside together.

“Oh, Junhyung are you leaving already?”

Jiyong stepped in front of him.

“Yeah…you know parties aren’t for me” Junhyung replied.

“Have a drink with me” Jiyong offered.

Junhyung shook his head.

“I have to drive home” he replied.

He glanced over at the entrance, he was anxious to leave.

“I’m going to head out. I’ll see you on Monday. Congrats again Jiyong. Don’t get too crazy tonight.”

Jiyong smiled and hugged Junhyung.

“Sure thing. Later.”

Junhyung continued on his way and once he was outside he looked around. He spotted Zico and Chaerin standing on the sidewalk. He heard her laugh as he walked over.

“-it’s pretty cold” Junhyung heard Zico say as he came closer.

Zico turned around as he heard Junhyung’s footsteps and smiled.

“Junhyung, what are you doing out here?” he asked.

Junhyung looked at them, his eyes lingering on Chaerin’s blushed face.

“I’m going home…Chaerin are you okay?” he asked.

Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“I drank too much” she said in a low voice.

Junhyung looked at Zico.

“I would drive her home…but I have been drinking too. I called a cab to take her home” Zico explained.

“I can take her home” Junhyung offered.

He looked at Chaerin.

“Where do you live?” he asked.

“About 15 minutes away, across from Namsan park.” Chaerin replied.

Junhyung turned to Zico.

“I’ll take her home. I’m going in that direction anyway.”

Zico hesitated a bit but finally nodded.

“I’ll call the cab company and tell them not to come” he replied.

Junhyung glanced at Chaerin.

“We’ll be going now. Have a good night Zico.”

Junhyung motioned for Chaerin to follow him. He walked a few steps before he realized Chaerin wasn’t following him. He turned back to look and found Zico putting his number in her phone. He smiled and handed it back to her.

“See you on Monday” he said in a low voice before he walked back into the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junhyung glanced at Chaerin. She had a smile on her face as she listened to the song on the radio.

“I love this song” she said.

Junhyung smiled a bit.

“You like sad songs” he voiced.

The last few songs had all been sad songs and she had voiced her approval for each one.  Chaerin laughed.

“Yeah, I guess I do but when I feel sad I like to listen to sad songs.”

Junhyung raised an eyebrow.

“You’re sad right now? Is it because I’m not Zico?”

He froze as the question came out. What had possessed him to ask that?

Chaerin laughed once more as she hit his arm lightly.

“No of course not. I’m just sad because of the show…Doing a show here made me miss doing fashion shows in America. I had a lot of friends there…”

She trailed off as she looked out the window. She turned back and looked at Junhyung.

“I’m glad that I made some friends here.”

Junhyung nodded, a small smile on his lips.

“Oh, we’re here. Just turn right on the next street” she said as she pointed.

Junhyung did as he was told and pulled into a parking lot and parked his car.

“I better walk you to your apartment” he voiced as he got out.

He went over to her side and opened the door for her. She got out and he held out his hands in case she tipped over. He was right. As she stood, she stumbled and he caught her, straightening her up and closing the car door.

“How much did you drink?” he asked as he tried not to laugh.

They walked towards the building.

“I’m not sure...maybe a few soju bottles” she replied.

“A few? How many are a few?” he asked.

“Four.”

Junhyung stopped outside the elevator.

“Four?!” he asked with disbelief.

They stepped into the elevator. Junhyung stared at their reflection on the doors. He held on to her, his arms wrapped around her shoulder firmly. She leaned against him, her eyes looking down. She reached over and pushed the number 12. The elevator sprung to life.

As the elevator ascended, Junhyung caught sight of Chaerin checking her phone. He cleared his throat.

“So you and Zico…” he trailed off.

He felt her move.

“Are you going to call him?” he asked.

He looked down at her but her hair hid her face.

“I might…” she answered.

“Oh…”

The elevator stopped and the doors opened. Junhyung pulled her along as they exited.

“What number?” he asked.

“ 7” she replied.

He pulled her once more.

“Wai-” she cried out.

Junhyung had pulled her so suddenly that she tripped over her feet and slammed into him. He stumbled as he tried to hold her up. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist, unconsciously pressing her body to his.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah” she replied.

They were too close. He felt her breath on his neck. He looked down at her. She caught his stare and quickly looked away. He didn’t want her to look away. Her eyes were suddenly too captivating that he wanted to look into them a bit more. Chaerin began to pull away and he slowly unwrapped his arms from her. His body was suddenly cold.

“I think that sobered me up a bit” she said with a small laugh.

She began to walk down the hallway. Junhyung followed, keeping his distance from her. When she finally stopped, she put in her key code and her door opened. She turned to him.

“Thanks for giving me a ride and walking me home…” she broke off.

They stared at each other and they both knew something had just happened. They were suddenly too awkward.

“No problem” he finally answered.

The silence came once more. He took in her appearance. He found her disheveled hair, her glassy eyes and her soft breathing very enrapturing.  He cleared his throat.

“I’m going to go” he voiced.

She nodded.

“Have a safe trip home” she replied.

“Don’t drink anymore” he said with a small smile.

She couldn’t help but laugh.

“Okay” she answered.

“Go in” he motioned.

She nodded and waved goodbye before she closed the door. Junhyung stood still, looking at her door. He wished she would come back out and that made him feel guilty. He sighed and finally turned away.

From inside her apartment, Chaerin watched as Junhyung stared at her door. Her heart pounded loudly. She watched him go. She watched as he stood by the elevator and when the doors opened, he cast one more look at her door before he disappeared inside the elevator. She leaned her head against the door as she held her hands over her pounding heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate myself…like a lot. Why did I write Junhyung being so sweet with Hara and then have him start having fuzzy feelings for CL!? I think this story might kill me later on. Anyway, thanks for subscribing and commenting!! I’ll update soon!