Prologue: Lights and Stares.

Love Alone. (P: Scared to Death.)

Welcome to the Prologue! Please, read Foreword first :)

Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 


Lights.

Flashes.

Sequins.

Loud music.

Stars.

These things are on Mnet's checklist for the MAMAs.

"Yoona! Over here!"

"T-ARA!"

"Hyuna!"

"TAO-OPPA!!"

Especially the stars. They were, after all, the main event of all this.

"Good evening, everyone! I'm Jung-Hwa,"

"And I'm Dae-Hyun!"

"And welcome to the 2011 MAMAs in Singapore!"

Fans were screaming everywhere; Fan Gods, Blackjacks, Sones, Shawol, PSYchos, Queens, High Skool, WonderFul, ELFs, Say A... Everything.

"EOMEONA! It's Super Junior!"

Everyone saw this coming. The boy band that won the most. Of course every girl in the crowd would be screaming at the moment they saw their idols. Super Junior.

The first one came out of the car, Kyuhyun waved. Soon, the group piled out of the car and headed for the entrance, stopping by for photos.

Back on the other side, at the start of the line of stars, Miss A piled out of their car, then Say A went insane.

"Suzy!"

"Min-unni!"

"Jia!"

"Fei Fei!!"

One man in Super Junior, specifically Siwon, turned to the sound of the last name shouted. He stood in awe at the sight of her dark chocolate eyes. They locked eyes for one moment until she snapped her head away to smile at her fans. Siwon sighed in disappointment, but continued to smile at their beloved ELFs.

Suzy saw this and nudged her older friend. Fei looked at her face clearly asking, Everything okay? Fei smiled in reassurance at her. Suzy shrugged then smiled back at their fans.


"Everyone please give it up for: Miss A!"

The crowd went nuts, screaming their names. The stage then turned to a Chinese setting and the screen showed the girls in a Chinese style montage. While that went on, Jia and four dancers from Vision Wei took their places on stage; Jia, with her head hung down, was at the front facing the crowd while the dancers, facing the screen, lined up behind her with bamboo sticks.

After the montage, their song, Goodbye Baby, started to play and a yellow light shone on Jia and the dancers. Siwon was looking at them intently when Jia started to sing.

Nae ireumeun sujiga aninde

jakkuman silsuro sujira bureul ttae

Geuttae ara charyeoya haesseo wae

Aesseo neoreul mideo juryeo haetneunji molla

Jia continued her dancing then she ended with a split on the bamboo sticks in the air. The screen behind parted, revealing Fei with fans. The two dancers behind her had matching black fans while Fei had red fans.

"Niga eotteon aenji arasseo"

"Gwaenhi ulji ma"

"Neoui mulgeondeul da naenwasseo"

"Yeongineun ije geuman"

Fei did a half-split then went to her right. She caught Siwon's eyes, of all the people; she caught Siwon's eyes staring at her, causing her to drop her left fan. She quickly picked it up then proceeded with her fan dance as the two dancers leave the stage.

She spun around like a fan then flapped out her right fan with her other on her hip. Fei's spotlight dimmed, and Min was shown in her previous spot.

"Good bye, baby good bye"

Dwidoraseo geudaero apeuro gamyeon dwae"

"Amureon maldo"

"maldo"

"haji malgo"

"malgo"

"Idaero sarajyeo juneun geoya"

Suzy rose in front of them, with one dancer with her.

"Good bye, baby good bye

Jeulgeoweosseo jaemi isseotdago saenggakhalge"

"Geureoni yeogi"

"yeogi"

"kkaji hagi"

"hagi"

"Neoui syoneun ije kkeutnan geoya"

Suzy strut her way to the screen front, where the three other girls posed. They danced in pairs, Suzy with Fei and Min with Jia. After a cartwheel, Jia ended up in front,Suzy on her left, Min on her right and Fei behind her. Jia started to rap.

"Eojjeom bbigeodeok bbigeodeok georineun sori hanado eobsi

Geureohke gureongmi dam neomeo gadeut budeureopge nal sokyeotji

Cham daedanhan syoreul bwasseo naega ni deoke pyodo an sago da

Gongjaro joheun jarie ttak hajiman No ijeneun bye bye"

"Good bye Baby, Good…"

Min ran farther to her right while Fei ran farther to her left. The dancers came in, dancing the final chorus.

"Good bye Baby, Good…"

"Good bye, baby good bye"

Dwidoraseo geudaero apeuro gamyeon dwae"

"Amureon maldo"

"maldo"

"haji malgo"

"malgo"

"Idaero sarajyeo juneun geoya"

"Good bye, baby good bye

Jeulgeoweosseo jaemi isseotdago saenggakhalge"

"Geureoni yeogi"

"yeogi"

"kkaji hagi"

"hagi"

"Neoui syoneun ije kkeutnan geoya"

"Baby, Good bye"

The dancers ran backstage as the four girls marched to the front and posed in the spotlight.

"Good bye!"

The lights dimmed, and the crowd cheered for the girls. Siwon and the rest of his band mates stood up and gave them applause.


Hours later...


"Seems like Super Junior's hot this year, doesn't it seem so, Jung-Wa?"

"Dae, you're so right, everything else seems wrong."

Suzy, Jia, Min, and Fei walked out trailing behind the Wonder Girls, waving at their fans. Yenny notices Fei's head hanging a bit down, so she stood in her spot long enough to wait for Fei to be next to her. Yenny wraps her arm around Fei's and asks, "Everything alright, Fei?"

"Hm? Yeah."

"Sure, sweetie?" Yenny asks in concern.

Fei smiles a bit, "I'm fine, Yenny." She assured.

Yenny pulled her closer for a hug. As much as Fei was older, Yenny, being in the higher branch of their company first, was considered to be an older sister to the newcomers.

From afar, Super Junior was being interviewed, but Siwon was out of himself, he stared off into JYP's group, looking at the two girls trailing behind.

Kyuhyun nudged him and Siwon noticed he was asked a question. He shrugged off the feeling he had then put on a huge smile that covered up a hurt face.


At the hotel lobby where all the MAMA attendees stay...

There was a huge party in the ballroom, concluding the success of the year's award show.

Everyone attended... except maybe some.


Earlier before the party...

"Please?"

"No, Suzy."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pleeaase?"

"For the last time, Suzy, no."

Jia and Min stared at Suzy pleading Fei to come down to the party with them. They were all in simpler versions of their dresses earlier except for Fei, who was dressed in an oversized sleeping shirt and shorts with a face mask on her forehead and her hair tied up. Fei wasn't normally like this. No, they never saw her act like this.

Min nudged Jia at Fei, but Jia just shrugged.

Not even Jia knew what was wrong with their friend.

"Pleeeaaase? I've seen you moping all night, and it's driving me up a wall! Come on, the least you could do is show us you're alright..." Suzy said.

Fei gave her fellow members a slight smile before saying, "I'm just tired. I couldn't sleep earlier on the plane, or on a car ride. Go and have fun without me." Then she pulled the covers over her head.

Suzy sighed in defeat, "Alright, we'll take pictures for you. Bye..." She said, rubbing Fei on her back before standing up and going out the door. They were greeted by Yenny smiling when they opened their door.

"Is Fei Fei going down?" Yenny asked.

The three girls shook their heads sadly. Yenny frowned, "Well, it's too... How do I put this? Mature, downstairs. I'll just watch over Fei Fei." She said.

"Are you sure, Yenny?" Min asks.

"Yep."

Min tugged her lip corner at her, "Alright. See you later." She waved as she walked past her, same as Jia and Suzy.

Yenny waved at them then closed the door when they were a few steps away. She walked over to Fei, "You're not okay. Something's is bugging you and I know it..."

A sigh came from Fei's pillows as she rose up and pulled her mask up, "I really don't know what's wrong with me."

"It's not that you don't know it, you're denying it."

"Really?"

Yenny nodded, "I saw you look at someone earlier... He was Siwon-oppa, wasn't he?" Fei slightly flinched at the sound of his name.

"I-I... I need some air." Fei said, getting out of the bed and headed into the bathroom.

"I just got here and you wanna leave?" Yenny yelled after her.


Present time...

Having unattended the party, Siwon walked around the halls of the hotel, having deep thoughts. He was wearing a plaid shirt and blue jeans. He looked back on everything that happened earlier. All what was on his mind was the girl with dark brown eyes. He headed for the vacant balcony that was at the edge of each floor. No one ever went there, really. Most of them would be at the rooftop if they wanted to smoke. Siwon then noticed a silhouette with its arms on the balcony. He walked outside and recognized... it was she.

He thought for one moment, 'why didn't she turn around? She might be thinking...' He told himself.

Without a second thought, he greeted her, "Hey."

-

Fei flinched at the sound of his voice. 'Please, don't let it be who I think it is...' She turned around slowly to find him staring at her.

She gulped then greeted back, "H-Hey..." She looked down at her shoes, avoiding his stare.

-

This wasn't the girl he knew in high school. Sure she was scared back, but not that scared. She had the same confidence in performing on stage, but she looked so helpless to him now. He slowly walked towards her, only for her to move back a bit. He kept walking until his face was only a few centimeters apart. She still wouldn't look at him. He pursed his lips as he lifted her chin slowly, "Fei, look at me."

-

Her head still faced right, trying to avoid him. Siwon still had her chin in his fingers, allowing him to look at her tear-stained face. She looked into his beautiful, pleading eyes. She was driven up the balcony with his body pushing over hers; his head now resting on her shoulder. Without knowing, she slithered her arms wrapped under his while his hands rested on the balcony hedge, and Fei felt his soft lips graze over her neck. A tear rolled down her cheek when she felt him plant a kiss on her skin. Her hands quivered over his shoulders from behind, and Siwon pulled her waist closer, hugging her, "Please..."


July 12, 2003, South Korea

"Fei!" A younger Fei turned around to see her friend, Bao-Yu, run towards her. It was five minutes before school was over.

"Are you going to the assembly today?" Bao asked.

"No, I still have a lot of things to do."

"But they're all just homework!"

"Yeah, but I didn't say that homework was the only thing I was doing."

Bao huffed, "Fine..." Then walked away.

Fei was Chinese, along with her friend Jia. Their parents had agreed to let them study in South Korea when they left Beijing. But Fei went to a higher-class school while Jia went to a lower. Fei learned Korean in her spare time, and it wasn't so difficult.

Fei had just heard the final bell ring, so she darted off to the entrance. She was almost there until she was pulled aside.

"Hey!" She growled in Chinese, trying to break free of the person's grip. She then looked up to see the owner of the hand. She furrowed her brows as she pursed her lips. He loosened his grip, letting her go to cross her arms.

"Aren't you going to attend the assembly?" Siwon asked her.

"No... I have plans with Jia."

"Don't you have plans with Kyuhyun as well?"

"He has a date with Victoria." She said.

"Normally you wouldn't let him go on dates."

"Yes I do, what do you think I am, possessive?" She glared at him.

"No, no, no, I did not imply anything like that."

"Look, I--"

RING RING

Fei picked it up, "Jia? I'll be there in a few minutes, kay? Bye." She hung up then put her hand on her hip, just glaring at him.

Siwon hung his head down, "... Did Kyu even tell you yet?"

"What?"

He took a deep breath and looked at her, "We were scouted by SM just a week ago."

What?

"You're lying."

"I can't believe he didn't tell you. I knew if I told you, you wouldn't believe me. Ask him when you talk to him..."

"Another thing you boys caused me." Fei felt her eyes prickling. She tried not to attempt wiping her eyes.

Siwon held her hand while he wiped her eyes with his thumb. Fei tried to pull away, but the older boy was too strong.

"Fei, listen to me—"

"Why? To hear more of your crap explanations of why you can't help me when Kyuhyun's not around?"

"Fei—"

"No, Siwon! I'm tired of just being left on the floor being assaulted by your classmates whenever he can't be around! He tells you to watch over me when he's busy, what do you do? You go off believing that I was the one who did something wrong when you're fawned by all the other girls! I hate it!"

"Fei, please just—"

"No! I knew I should've gone with Jia to her school but no, I just had to listen to her when she said I have a better chance here!" Fei yelled.

Having enough of what she has to say, he pulls her in for a kiss. He was relieved that they were somewhere no one can hear or see them. The kiss seemed to last for several seconds, until Siwon pulled away to hug her by her waist. She just cried into his shoulder.

"Siwon, just let me go..."

Siwon just hugged her tighter.

"Fei, please..."


Fei cried into his shoulder the same way she did before. She was angered at the memory, so she pushed him off of her with all her strength, "No."

Siwon was shocked at this, and his eyes trailed the crying Fei as she ran back inside.


So... yeah. :)